New User
crochet51
0 Kudos

WiFi password won't work on Nook

I keep putting the password in ( I know it is the right one) and it says it is not the right password.  Is there something I need to do on the router? What things should I check?

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Re: WiFi password won't work on Nook

Go to the nook technical questions board.

Look through the threads and see if the answer in there. If not, ask the question and you will get an answer. You probably won't get help on this board. Good luck.

Contributor
G-Harris
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and I used the option to forget the network and then tried to find my Wi Fi again and connect to it after several tries it finally connected.I hope that helps.

I called tech support and they really didn't help much but maybe it was the person,so if all else fails try them,unles you know an IT person and they can help you.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
— John Lennon
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

crochet51 wrote:

I keep putting the password in ( I know it is the right one) and it says it is not the right password.  Is there something I need to do on the router? What things should I check?

Are you putting in the password to get into the router or the passphrase for the security?  Many people mistakenly try and input the router password which is used to access the router settings, rather than the passphase set up with the security.

Also, do you have Mac address filtering turned on in the router?  If you do, did you add the Nook Mac address to the list of approved devices?  There's no error or warning message if this is the problem, it just doesn't connect.

And what security are you using, WEP, WPA, etc?  

Oh, and which Nook are you talking about?