Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015

William Lynch out as B&N CEO

http://www.barnesandnobleinc.com/press_releases/7_8_13_release.html

Former B&N CFO Michael P. Huseby is the new CEO of NOOK Media LLC and the new President of B&N.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Re: William Lynch out as B&N CEO

Mashable is reporting that the stock dropped 3% after the announcement.

http://mashable.com/2013/07/08/barnes-and-noble-ceo-resigns/

MacMcK1957

But the important question is: does the new guy have an MBA?
Distinguished Scribe
gb18
0 Kudos

keriflur

gb18 wrote:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Talk/William-Lynch-resigns/m-p/1465299

What's the point in posting a link to a thread that just redirects here?

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,976

The thing that worries me so much about this move is that Huseby has historically specialized in seperation financial deals - carving up companies and selling off their parts. I really hope this isnt a sign of BN really trying to split digital/college/retail peacemeal to "get value" for shareholders, but all signs seem to be pointing that way. Maybe I should apply for CEO...

Also, sure was a great use of my $15 million last year that could have gone to payroll and store support instead going to Lynch for his bonus.

Distinguished Scribe
gb18

keriflur wrote:

gb18 wrote:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Talk/William-Lynch-resigns/m-p/1465299

What's the point in posting a link to a thread that just redirects here?

Like I said..... 

Freedom is not free.
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 41
0 Kudos

roustabout
0 Kudos

"Mr. Huseby and Mitchell Klipper, Chief Executive Officer of the Barnes & Noble Retail Group, will report directly to Leonard Riggio, Executive Chairman of Barnes & Noble, Inc."

So, Riggio is running the show.  Wonder where Lynch will land?  

A content position at MS would be amusing, especially if the buy goes through.

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
keriflur
0 Kudos

flyingtoastr wrote:

The thing that worries me so much about this move is that Huseby has historically specialized in seperation financial deals - carving up companies and selling off their parts. I really hope this isnt a sign of BN really trying to split digital/college/retail peacemeal to "get value" for shareholders, but all signs seem to be pointing that way. Maybe I should apply for CEO...

Also, sure was a great use of my $15 million last year that could have gone to payroll and store support instead going to Lynch for his bonus.

Jeez. That's not good.  He was promoted from within, though, right?  Maybe this means he'll stay the course of the recent announcements and only pull out his special skills if they really can't make it work.