Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Lurkerlynne

Re: You Know You're Addicted to Books When ...

You know you're addicted to books when...

.... you purchase a book in three different formats to ensure you will have it wherever you go. 

.... what catches your attention about the nook is that it can take a 16GB card.  And that it runs for 10 days on a single charge.

.... you need a bigger house because your books are taking over all available space.

.... during a move, you donate three apple boxes full of books so you only have to haul five to to the new place.

.... you repurchase a book because you can't find the old copy amongst all the rest.

Inspired Contributor
2manybooks2read

you look under your bed and you have books stacked under it

~Nikki
Distinguished Correspondent
Taylor-Marie

...when you come home from a used bookstore with more books than you donated...

...buying the book instead of borrowing it from the library....where you originally saw it....

...you miss your morning class because you decided to read 5 chapters ahead the night before....

-------------------
My teachers tell me I daydream too much....I tell them they work too much.
Reader
ReaderRader

You Know You're Addicted to Books When you have 5 books lined up to be read and you're at the library or bookstore still trying to find more.

You Know You're Addicted to Books When you curse the workers at a fast food chain for getting you through the drive through before you can finsih your paragraph.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill

You Know You're Addicted to Books When you curse the workers at a fast food chain for getting you through the drive through before you can finsih your paragraph.

ROFLOL!

Been there, done that, but probably would never have admitted it or even recognized it!  Thanks for that one especially!

ReaderRader wrote:

You Know You're Addicted to Books When you have 5 books lined up to be read and you're at the library or bookstore still trying to find more.

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
New User
juliomartinezjr

Passion 

I believe the obvious answer is that we love to come back to the same book at least three of four times-I don't know if it applies if one reads that book twice. I think a book is really important when its ideas, be that a novel or some philosophy text cause one to evaluate that idea in his or her everyday life. When it really makes one think in terms of its content. I don't know if that really works here but I am thoroughly convinced this is a true statement. What do you guys think?

New User
Thatgirl333

1.  When your husband buys you a Nook for Christmas because he is sick and tired of all of the books that you "just finished reading" laying around the house.

2. When a tear forms in your eye when you find out that the new Stephen King novel Under the Dome,  has over 1000 pages and will take a least a week to finish. ( God Bless you Stephen!)

3.  When girls night out means hanging out at the book store.

4. When you wake up everyday just wishing you had a job that paid you to read.

Correspondent
bookwormmom4

You set your alarm 1-2 hours early so you can read before you go to work...

You always have a book in your purse just in case...

You don't mind waiting in line because you can read...

While fixing dinner you have a spoon in one hand and book in the other...

Before you fall asleep you want, "just one more chapter...

In your sleep you dream of walking through the book store :smileyhappy:

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up" Mark Twain
Reader 2
Shizneb

You Know You're Addicted to Books When ... You carry one book in your bag, one in your car, leave one in your room, and one in the bathroom. And only read those particular books in that particular area and read them all simultaneously with no problem keeping the stories straight.

You Know You're Addicted to Books When ... you get all excited you are nearing the conclusion of the book, but soon become so depressed after you read the last page, due to feeling empty and sad the story is over, that you can't move or go on with your life for at least 30 minutes afterwards.

Frequent Contributor
TiffanyLynn

[ Edited ]

You know you're addicted to books when...

you become a librarian because you like books so much.

you have several running lists of things you want to read.

you have to read before you go to bed.

everyone you know asks for book recommendations.

waiting for your Nook to arrive is like having all your teeth pulled.

your mother used to tell you to put the book away at the dinner table.