Contributor
Envisage

Re: You Know You're Addicted to Books When ...

[ Edited ]

You Know You're Addicted to Books When

... You are already reading several books at a time and still pick up a new book and start reading it.

... You are supposed to be reading a text book in school but instead hide your book behind it so you are able to read your book.

... Your mom threatens to ground you from reading instead of your phone.

... You blow your money on the best sellers but still end up reading books in the store.

... All you ask for for Christmas is books and find yourself shaking each present wondering which book it is.

My uneasiness in the world- the sure,complete belief that I didn't really have a place in it -that wasn't about being a teenager. It was a part of me, and it always had been. Maybe it always would be. In: Evernight.
Frequent Contributor
nikki824

Your addicted to books when.... you have a bathroom book, a livingroom book, a bedroom book and a kitchen book and your reading them all at the same time.

when you have four book shelves of books

when your on Barnes and Nobles.com everday at least 2hrs looking for deals on books

when you have a credit card just for buying books

when you have a notebook of all the books you've read and all the books you want to read and they aphabetized.

I love to books and I live to read!

Correspondent
crim_crazy622

You know you're addicted to books when....

You're a college student! 

You don't really care what your reading as long as your reading!

You read so fast to find out what happens, you miss a lot of good points...

you consider papercuts, a national emergency....

or

you consider a broken finger a national emergency (since you can't use it for you nook!)...

"I think the fact that we're all gonna' die is a pretty good reason to stop complaining." ~Dave Matthews ~
Reader 2
kanjip

and you are poor so you read everything in the Library and the Librarians ask you for recommendations for new books to get 

Frequent Contributor
BeckyJoBM

You spend hours reading the nook section, over and over, and won't receive it for weeks.  I go over the B&N site.....daily.  Look through the selections so many times that you feel as though you have already read them.

New User
Lilagene

You travel to a foreign country with 3  books for the airplane and you insist on visiting every bookstore you pass in order to find new authors, then by the time you are done your suitcase is over weight and you have to lug the extra books with you all day.  And still you stop in the airport bookstores to make sure you have not missed anyone great.

Lilagene

New User
KDarkling

...you cancel cable because it was cutting into your reading time.

...you start to brown bag it so you have spare cash for the next big read.

New User
Wolf_GoddessLW

You know you're addicted to books when you have books in your bathroom, your teachers yell at you to put the freakin' book down, and everyone calls you Bookworm.

New User
DerStahlhelm

You take your reader with you everywhere you go, and I do mean everywhere.  Might as well have a surgeon attach it to your body. 

Der Stahlhelm
Correspondent
StewiesMom

You know when you're addicted to books when ... you have print, digital & audio editions of your favorite stories, ensuring you never have to be without them, whether it be in the bathroom, on the way to work or school, and while you eat your lunch.

"Tact, my dear"..."is merely a ploy of the unimaginative." - Bernard in Corinne Demas' "The Writing Circle"
"My life is my own, and the opinions of others don't interest me..." — Carroll John Daly**
**This is not necessarily true, I just love the quote!**