Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat

eBook survey hosted by OverDrive and American Library Association (ALA)

[ Edited ]

I found the link to this survey in the Overdrive area of my local library account today. The introduction says:

"Your library, in cooperation with OverDrive and American Library Association, is interested in learning about the growth of eBooks and its key drivers. We are collecting this data nationally and are not associating any identifying information with the responses. Your answers will be kept strictly confidential. The data will be reported at an aggregate level only, and will be used to provide insights to enhance library eBook services in the future. Thank you for taking our survey!"

The survey includes questions about library use, about preferred sources of books and ebooks, and about the likelihood that you will buy books you've encountered at the library. It's easy to see how OverDrive and ALA could use the results to help change publishers' minds about withholding ebooks from libraries and about increasing "friction" in borrowing ebooks. I hope that will be the outcome and I urge everyone here who's interested in such an outcome to take the survey.

You can tell by examining the link that the URL is totally plain and generic. There are no personal identifiers hidden inside. I believe it's safe for anyone to submit answers anonymously.

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson