Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Lildove3
0 Kudos

when is...

Is there ever going to be any more First Looks books to look forward to????

Frequent Contributor
AIRKNITTER
0 Kudos

Re: when is...

May I add my name to this question? Given that BN no longer can deliver books in the 2 -3 days as promised I wonder why in the world did I renew AGAIN!!!! Amazon offers better prices and for $10 a year Borders will wave the shipping fee for orders under $25!!

GOOD GRIEF!! SUCH A PHOOL AM EYE!!!

Children are the living message we send to a time we will not see.
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

@AIRKNITTER

B&N never required the purchase of a Membership to join the First Look Book Clubs.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
kstempien
0 Kudos

I'm wondering the same thing :smileysad:   hopefully we'll hear something soon?

Frequent Contributor
AIRKNITTER
0 Kudos

@Melissa,

Is that what you "read"? It is not what I meant. Never did I infer that membership is required; the FLBC is the only reason I bother with Barnes and Noble these days.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005

AIRKNITTER wrote:

Is that what you "read"? It is not what I meant. Never did I infer that membership is required; the FLBC is the only reason I bother with Barnes and Noble these days.

That's what I read. The topic sentence for your paragraph said that you wanted to know when the next First Look was coming out. In the rest of the paragraph you wondered why you renewed your membership. Since a paragraph is about the topic stated in the topic sentence, you wrote that you regretted renewing your B&N membership because you don't know when the next First Look is coming out.

Frequent Contributor
AIRKNITTER
0 Kudos

OK THEN!

I wonder when the new First Look book will be announced?

Inspired Contributor
nymazz
0 Kudos

I've been wondering the same thing, I've been checking the announcements every few days, but the only thing I've seen is that Paul is no longer handling the Club.

AIRKNITTER wrote:

OK THEN!

I wonder when the new First Look book will be announced?

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. -Mason Cooley-
Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

I'd be interested in joining the First Look Club, but I know nothing about it. How does one go about signing up? Since there aren't any new First Look books scheduled, my question is untimely (and perhaps moot), but I'd still like to know the process for signing up.

Frequent Contributor
kstempien

It's really easy to join, all you have to do is send a msg once the announcement is made about the next book. When it's posted, it will give you the specific information for the msg. Once you get your book, the only requirements are to participate in the discussions and post a review @ the end.  Good Luck!    ...Hope we hear something soon!!!!