Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Darth-Vader
0 Kudos

Have you had it with James Patterson?

I know James Patterson is one of the most popular writers but for the last few years his books have been horrible.
Contributor
Keller
0 Kudos

Re: Have you had it with James Patterson?

[ Edited ]

I've actually never read him.  Honestly, part of the reason is due to his commercial popularity and mediocre feedback I've heard from crime fiction fans. 

IMO, there are better authors out there (and publishing imprints) in need of support from dedicated crime fiction fans like us. :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by Keller on 05-19-2009 04:44 PM
Message Edited by Keller on 05-19-2009 04:45 PM
Contributor
haughja
0 Kudos

I have had it with Patterson, and it happened several years ago. I read one of his books, and towards the end he pulled something that I considered a really cheap trick, something that completely teed me off, and I just won't read him anymore. Unfortunately, I can't remember what book it was or exactly what he did, but I remember that it was him. I just wish I could be more specific, but just so you know, you're not alone.

James H
New User
BookWork1402
0 Kudos

I agree

I thin he should have stuck with what he did best, the point were he went wrong was when he brought out they books about the mutant kids. it was a big jump from Crime were he did so well for so many years.

But he was just not ready for that.

New User
chatvez
0 Kudos

I totally agree with you, Darth-Vader, although I have only read a couple of his books.  Not only is his writing mediocre, but after attending a couple of his personal appearances, I'm amazed he can write at all.  He appeared to be inarticulate and dull in person.  The fact that he has teamed with other writers more recently speaks to the fact that apparently his "originality" has dried up.  I never found him to be authentic or original, moreover, he's just another so-called formula hack. 

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 69 members 674 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: