Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
chade
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome: Please Introduce Yourself

My name's Chad. Live in Indiana. Favorite writers: John D. MacDonald, Andrew Vachss, and James Ellroy. Just picked up Money Shot.
Frequent Contributor
Kat727
0 Kudos

hi guys! my name is kaylee, but a lot of people call me kat. you can call me either i'll respond to both. i live in ohio and i'm 20 years old. this is my 2nd book club i just finished my 1st, which was the house at riverton. i have an eclectic taste in books, i like all kinds of genres, i don't read romance though. i don't mind romance, but i need more to the story than just that. i will be joining you guys for money shot, so nice to meet everyone.
peace and love
Kaylee/Kat
Author
PJ_Parrish
0 Kudos

Hello Charles and all,
Just found you guys and am riveted by the Hammitt/Chandler thread. Keep talking amongst yourselves!

PJ Parrish

Learn more about Thousand Bones.
New User
Enjoysreadingthrillers
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Dennis from NY,NY I thought I'd suggest a brand new crime novel: Refraction by Jan Dynes. It's crime, suspense and even some sexy romantic scenes. It simply blew me away. It's both timely and classi.

I couldn't find it on B&N but amazon had it and I found the authors .com. The writer is quite an adventurer and character. see the site jandynes.com  You won't be able to resist getting the book either.

I was in a readers focus group about the movie they are doing based on the book, so I had to vote on it's marketability and it was lots of fun. I hope you like it too.

Dennis
Contributor
Samsons
0 Kudos

GOOD afternoon:smileyhappy:
Call me Samson.
      Today I live in Shanghai which is far from my hometown Zhengzhou.They're both cities in China and I am a Chinese.I'm 17 years old and I'm  in a high school in Pudong-a part of the city of Shanghai.
      I encountered this website just now while reading news online and it's a pretty good one I have to say. I noticed that most of the users here are people who enjoy their lives in the western countries,esp the states.Then I feel somewhat strange.The strange thing is that, I am here speaking words while you guys are having a good dream--I'm not exactly sure--during the midnight.That means,you won't see my words unless you're a cat without sleeping at night,or you are in the eastern country--that'll be the same as me.And don't really believe my count,because of my hateable and miserable mathematics ability,and the lack of Geographical knowledge.By the way, Geography is the subject I'm willing to major in in college if possible.
      Well,two of my favourite crime authors are A.C.Doyle & Agatha.Christie who lived in the last centry or even earlier.I'm extremely fond of their mysterious crime stories.
      Um, the novel that I'm reading presently is apparently not about crime,which is called April Morning by Howard Fast who is an American historical-story writer.I love that book also.
      I have to stop here to do my schoolwork.However,I'm glad to be one member of this club.I'd love to be a friend of each one of you.:smileywink:                                                                                     Samson     Feb.23rd,2008

Author
CharlesArdai
0 Kudos

Welcome, Samson!  It's great to know we're interacting with readers all over the globe.  While the Hard Case Crime novels I edit are not sold in China (alas), I visited Beijing last year and met with a number of representatives of literary agencies and publishers, and I know there is a vibrant publishing environment there and lots of great books (mysteries and otherwise) available.  I hope you enjoy the discussion here and participate when topics of interest come up.

--Charles

Learn more about Songs of Innocence.
Visit www.HardCaseCrime.com.
Contributor
mcknzbwl
0 Kudos

Hi My name is Donna I live in Rocky Hill Ct.  I am an avid fan of all kinds
of mystery novels.  I also work fulltime and belong to a book group at my
local Barnes & Noble.  We meet the last Tuesday of the month in the Cafe of
our Barnes & Noble.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Samson

Well a lot of us do hop on this site after a long day. But how much of that is time difference due to time zones. How available is western literature in China?
Contributor
Samsons
0 Kudos

TiggerBear,:smileyhappy:

I'm sorry that I failed to reply immediately,since a student like me has too much schoolwork,and I suspect that I cannot bear for long.That has beeing taking me away from checking my message,reading,and also playing basketball,all the time in my life.I hate it.I never did like anything in arithmetic,geometry,etc.They're exceedingly discusting.

Well,western literature is fairly welcome here and there in China.And I suppose that most of'em are transl. works,found in almost every bookshop you can find,generally speaking.But there in those bookshops in some big cities,eg. Shanghai & Beijing,are always some imported books to be sold.And I'm fond of buying and reading these imports.I think most the translations can't do any good of these compoitions.

As far as I know,western literature has been spread widely in China,esp. the classical masterpieces like Monte Christo,short fictions by Jack London...and also these modern works,you name it.

So would you tell me sth about you?Only if you like.

PS.I can only be online one time a week.I say sorry for delaying reply.

Feb 29,2008                                                                                                          Samson.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Don't worry about any delay. Sure but I'll send them to you, not on general post. So check your messages.
Contributor
fortunato1974
0 Kudos

Re: Hi its angie

I am currently reading the Murder She Wrote mystery series and I enjoy reading anythiny by Carol Higgins Clark.
a fortunato
Frequent Contributor
edwardshawt101
0 Kudos

hey there
my name is Amelia and im from a little town in texas
My favorite crime author is James Patterson
im currently reading a book called The road of the dead by kevin brooks
i just started about five minutes ago so i have no clue what its about!

(i get my book quotes at http://www.famousquotes.com/search.php?cat=1&search=Book
New User
nmango23
0 Kudos

Hello, my name is Nicole. I live in California. I am an avid reader of Agatha Christie. I love her writing and her murderers in her books are always so unsuspecting.
Contributor
Shawna-Leigh
0 Kudos

My name is Shawna.
I from Richmond Ky.
Im 15 and thats really all.
ohh i love to read so..
any good books that u know of message me
Shawna
If you think the first page is good wait untill you read the last=]
Contributor
TerryReschke
0 Kudos

Hello my name is Terry A. Reschke I am the author of a teen murder mystery called (The Attic Above). You can find it here or on Amazon. It is the number one teen murder mystery on Amazon right now.
New User
joiseygoil
0 Kudos

My name is Marsha and I'm from Long Island and a great fan of novels, especially those associated with crime....my favorite is Harlan Coben and I love DaSilva.  I'm sort of a senior and read a lot of books and love suggestions on new ones.  I used to, in my youth, be able to read anything ... now if a book isn't well written, it problematic for me.  I'm currently reading the new Jeffery Archer...anyone read it yet?
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Welcome, joiseygoil. Coben's latest, Hold Tight is due out in two weeks and it sounds great.

joiseygoil wrote:
My name is Marsha and I'm from Long Island and a great fan of novels, especially those associated with crime....my favorite is Harlan Coben and I love DaSilva.  I'm sort of a senior and read a lot of books and love suggestions on new ones.  I used to, in my youth, be able to read anything ... now if a book isn't well written, it problematic for me.  I'm currently reading the new Jeffery Archer...anyone read it yet?

Contributor
cell16
0 Kudos

Hi to our fellow moderators and everyone. My name is Liam, my friends call me fatboy because im the complete opposite. I am sixteen and joining the Royal military police, for 4 years, in september. My favourite author is Lee Child, My favourite book being Echo Burning. Im from England, Norfolk. And am willing to discuss any crime books ecspecially; by lee child or james patterson.
  This is my first crime book club so can't wait to get stuck!!!
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Good to have a "voice" from across the pond. Welcome!

cell16 wrote:
Hi to our fellow moderators and everyone. My name is Liam, my friends call me fatboy because im the complete opposite. I am sixteen and joining the Royal military police, for 4 years, in september. My favourite author is Lee Child, My favourite book being Echo Burning. Im from England, Norfolk. And am willing to discuss any crime books ecspecially; by lee child or james patterson.
  This is my first crime book club so can't wait to get stuck!!!

Contributor
cell16
0 Kudos

Thank you! for the warm welcome!
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 46 members 152 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: