Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
1judyfred
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome: Please Introduce Yourself

Hi,

Judy from Richmond VA. I just finished Missing Witness, by Gordon Campbell. I really liked the book, and since I have a kid in law school, also got insight into his world. I enjoy legal thrillers and crime fiction.

I look forward to some great suggestions for my TBR list.
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Hello Judy,

If you're a fan of legal thrillers, you might want to check out John Hart's The King of Lies. It's a terrific read!

1judyfred wrote:
Hi,

Judy from Richmond VA. I just finished Missing Witness, by Gordon Campbell. I really liked the book, and since I have a kid in law school, also got insight into his world. I enjoy legal thrillers and crime fiction.

I look forward to some great suggestions for my TBR list.

New User
Bedsidenurse69
0 Kudos

Your moderators -- Charles, Peter, & Paul -- would like to extend a hearty welcome to the Crime Club! Please take a minute to introduce yourself. Where do you hail from? Who is your favorite crime writer? What are you currently reading?

Hello this is Bedsidenurse69 and I am from Ohio. The books I have just finished are "Book of the Dead" by Patricia Cornwell and "Bones to Ashes" from Kathy Reichs. Most of what I read is forensic-medical-murder-mystery-crime-fiction.
New User
karendstull
0 Kudos

Hello, I am Karen Stull, just moved to Memphis, TN, from Orange County, CA. I am looking forward to delving more deeply into the world of crime books, having only read this genre sporadically over the years. I've read a few Agatha Christie and James Patterson novels, but I think I'll go back and check out Chandler based on what I've read here so far.
New User
Jane_Tuesday
0 Kudos

Hi

My name is Dannie and I am from Hamilton, New Jersey I just recently just finished talking to my friend, who was reading a crime novel, and he told me he loved it so I decided to give it a try, so if you have any novel idea, for a crime novel newbie like me feel free to tell me Thanks!!
-Jane.Tuesday
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

A hearty welcome, Karen and Dannie! You can't go wrong by picking up any of the books that have been cited on this thread!
New User
hfkim
0 Kudos

Hello.

My name is Frank and I'm from Idaho. I enjoy murder mysteries that feature intelligent and crafty criminals and my favorite authors don't skimp on the character development of their novels. I just finished John Hart's The King of Lies and it's one of the best reads I've had in quite a while. I look forward to his latest.
New User
Sunflower39
0 Kudos

Hi,
My name is Cathy. I am new to the Book Club. I love to read many true crime books. I am currently reading "Before He Wakes". So far it is a great book and I would recommend it although it is old and many may have already read it.
Frequent Contributor
Kat727
0 Kudos

hi! my name is kaylee, but most of my friends call me kat. i am 20 years old and from ohio. i just started doing this book club thing i got started with the arc book, it's really crowded in there, but i do enjoy the concept, so i would like to continue. i looked through the february books and the money shot was the one that got my interest, so i think i will join you guys. i do read all kinds of different books except pure romance, i don't mind a little romance, but i need a story too. the crime books i enjoy are usually like forensic and i guess gritty might be the word, but i like something that will make you whence. usually when i read those books people are like that is so disgusting, but you like what you like.
peace and love
Kaylee/Kat
Frequent Contributor
Kat727
0 Kudos

hi! my name is kaylee, but most of my friends call me kat. i am 20 years old and from ohio. i just started doing this book club thing i got started with the arc book, it's really crowded in there, but i do enjoy the concept, so i would like to continue. i looked through the February books and the money shot was the one that got my interest, so i think i will join you guys. i do read all kinds of different books except pure romance, i don't mind a little romance, but i need a story too. the crime books i enjoy are usually like forensic and i guess gritty might be the word, but i like something that will make you whence. usually when i read those books people are like that is so disgusting, but you like what you like.
peace and love
Kaylee/Kat
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Welcome, Kat. If you like gritty, you'll really enjoy Money Shot!

Kat727 wrote:
hi! my name is kaylee, but most of my friends call me kat. i am 20 years old and from ohio. i just started doing this book club thing i got started with the arc book, it's really crowded in there, but i do enjoy the concept, so i would like to continue. i looked through the February books and the money shot was the one that got my interest, so i think i will join you guys. i do read all kinds of different books except pure romance, i don't mind a little romance, but i need a story too. the crime books i enjoy are usually like forensic and i guess gritty might be the word, but i like something that will make you whence. usually when i read those books people are like that is so disgusting, but you like what you like.

New User
tigggrrrr
0 Kudos

Hi. Barbara from North Carolina. One of my hobbies is the study of serial killers. Like to try to figure out what makes these monsters tick. One of my favorite writers is retired criminal profiler John Douglas. At the moment I am reading Bodies of Evidence, the Shocking true story of America's most chilling serial murderess by Chris Anderson and Sharon McGehee. It is about a female serial killer, Judias Buenoano, who kills her husbands, and her son. Very interesing read. Since I have read about all the infamous male serial killers just recently I have decided to read up on the women.
New User
Ray_R
0 Kudos

Hey,
My name is Ray and I'm from NYC.I have always been a great fan of crime books and anything to do with trying to figure out why criminals do the things they do, so I became involved..I am presently a NYC Police Detective with 18 years under my belt, 14 of those as an Investigator.I have investigated and interviewed all kinds of criminals from serial rapist to your lower level criminals, looking for a quick buck to get high but after all this time... I still cant figure out why ! One thing experience has taught me, NEVER ask why. Love to hear if anyone has any ideas!!! :smileyhappy:
JUST DO IT ! :-) Freedom is not free !
Frequent Contributor
Kat727
0 Kudos

well, my library won't have it by feb. so now i have an excuse to go book shopping. yay!
peace and love
Kaylee/Kat
New User
eastork1980
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon My name is Erica and I Live in the wonderful state of Florida. My favorite types of books are crime stories. My favorite author is James Patterson. Right now I am reading The women's Murder Club 2nd Chance. What attracted me to James Patterson books is his detail about each character and how he keeps me on the edge of my seat wonder what is going to happen next. My goal this year is to read all his books. Although I am open to other crime stories. So if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know.
New User
angie12372
0 Kudos

Hi my names angie. I just starting getting into these crime books and i was wondering if you have any suggestions? Thanks
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Hi angie,

Take a look at the following thread for some great suggestions.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/bn/board/message?board.id=crm&thread.id=1&jump=true

angie12372 wrote:
Hi my names angie. I just starting getting into these crime books and i was wondering if you have any suggestions? Thanks

New User
Huizengajd
0 Kudos

Dawn from Grandville, MI.
New User
Dosazulas
0 Kudos

Hello, my name is Debbie and I live in WA.
Author
CharlesArdai
0 Kudos

Dawn and Debbie: welcome. What was the last crime novel you read that really knocked your socks off?

--Charles

Learn more about Songs of Innocence.
Visit www.HardCaseCrime.com.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 61 members 1,186 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: