Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Keller
0 Kudos

Re: What Are You Currently Reading?

Reading HCC's latest Westlake installment, The Cutie, right now.  Great thus far.

Hope to see more Westlake's published by HCC down the road (possibly Killing Time, Killy or The Fugitive Pigeon)? :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Keller
0 Kudos

Contributor
RRebelo
0 Kudos

I absolutely enjoyed House Dick, I think you will love it Keller! I am currently reading the Burgler series from Lawrence Block and the original Mike Hammer Spillane Novels ( I always read a series and audiobook a seperate one for the car) I know some of you may think I have been a little late to read Spillane but I think Stacy Keach as Mike Hammer when I was a child put me off the series. But Hearing Max Allen Collin's defense of the work I decided to give it a try and I am very happy with it.
New User
sha_sha
0 Kudos

Well, this seems to be quite outdated...and I dont know if alot of post will here....but I just got done reading Stieg Larsson book...the girl with the dragon tattoo...what an incredible book...I lost alot of sleep!  I am a huge fan of Mary Higgins Clark, but this was a good switch and very entertaining...I am lookin to join a online book club/chatroom about mystery and suspenseful books...anyone want to point to write direction, email me at j_leigh2536@yahoo.com
Contributor
haughja
0 Kudos

I just finished Ken Bruen's Calibre last night. (Stayed up too late reading it.) Last week I read Ammunition, so I read these two out of order. They are part of Bruen's Sgt Brant series. I wasn't sure about Bruen the first time I read him; his style is so unique, very clipped, but I have absolutely come around and he is now one of the few writers that I currently really really enjoy. His writing is tough, funny, brutal, and this is important, there's a lot of truth in these books. You've met some of these people, and maybe you liked them or didn't like them or thought they were complete you know whats. Either way, this is no holds barred stuff. Both are an absolute great read. Man, I like these books.
James H
New User
Evilwig
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading The Wheelman by Duane Swierczynski and I just finished readding: The Hunter, The man with a gateaway face and The Outfit.

Also, for the fans of Richard Stark, IDW just relese a graphic novel adaptation of The Hunter: http://www.idwpublishing.com/previews/parker/ which is just gorgeous. Also the are planing to release 3 more volumes of those graphic adaptation.

Contributor
haughja
0 Kudos

Just finished Jason Starr's Fake ID.  Great book in the noir tradition, and Mr. Starr is one of the best around doing this kind of stuff.  Fake ID is about a guy who's a degenerate gambler and some. Don't want to give anything away, but I'll just say I really enjoyed it, read it very quickly, and if you like noir fiction you should be reading Jason Starr.

James H
New User
Pitrich
0 Kudos

I'm off my main course right now and I'm reading "New Moon" by Stephenie Meyer. I read "Twilight" in three days and now I'm hooked. I thought at first that it would be childish feeling to me at first but I'm 32 yr' old and there great reads to me.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 71 members 525 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: