Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
SaguaroJeep
0 Kudos

Re: Here for Seized? Introduce yourself!

Hello from Arizona!

I'm a sucker for non-fiction and piracy, so Seized sounded like a great book to get a sneak peek at. :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
CharlieG31
0 Kudos

Hi , my name is Charlie I am 17 years old and I am into reading and I love books,   I also like stories about adventures which is why when I read what Seized was about I felt very excited to start reading it and I am enjoying it a lot!

Hope to hear what all of you have to say about the book!

"The questions are more essential than the answers."
Karl Theodor Jaspers

Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.  I'm Ebony Angel from North St. Louis County, Missouri.  I love to read and read just about anything.  I like the fact that the First Looks have expanded and now there's Sneak Peeks.  

Barnes and Nobles book clubs have given me a chance to read books by authors I might not have given a second thought to.   So many times we stick with the tried and true we miss a good book.

By the way.  Will we be getting a badge for this book?  Or have I missed that post?  I have a blog, (don't post a lot), but I like the fact that I can put what I'm reading/read on there.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

hmmmm, I thought I had already posted an intro, but can't find it. My name is Donna and I am from Western MA. Enjoy the book and discussion everyone.  =)

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

D... sign-in problems from yesterday have gone away, but now I am losing posts again!

I have enjoyed reading Seized! and the opportunity to visit in words from Max a world of which I would otherwise probably have remained oblivious.

By now an "old-timer" on these boards, I deeply enjoy the perspectives and the insights the participants bring to whatever subject is at hand.

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Reader
GaryP
0 Kudos

I am Gary from South-Eastern Washington.

Seized has been a great read. Been out of town and now have to jump into the discussion!

Thanks!

Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

I'm Jill from Pennsylvania and this is my first Sneak Peak,  I've done a number of First Looks and really enjoyed them.  It will be intersting doing  a discussion on the boards of a non-fiction book since to date I've only participated in fiction titles. 

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Contributor
BrittanyE
0 Kudos

so it took me a while to find this board, so i've actually already received and read this book... fantastic by the way. I'm brittany and i just love books, all of them. it's very exciting.

New User
elst
0 Kudos

Hey All!

Erika from B.C. Canada. Live with my husband and 2 chubby cats, I'm an fibre optics technician by trade and a voracious reader:smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

I've read the book but have been unable to sign in to post.  Today is the first day in a while.

Inspired Contributor
Beguile_Thy_Sorrow
0 Kudos

Hi all,

this is my second time to participate in sneak peak and I love it!

I had some computer issues in march and couldnt post or access bn.com but am

happy to be back :smileyhappy:

I've started Seized and it's really entertaining.

"Come, and take choice of all my library,
And so beguile thy sorrow."
~Titus Andronicus, Act IV, Scene 1: Shakespeare