Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Here for Seized? Introduce yourself!

We've got a lot of new people in this board due to the Seized! Sneak Peek program we're doing in here, it think it'd be good to have a place for everyone to introduce themselves.

So say hi and tell us a little bit about yourself!

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

Re: Here for Seized? Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone! I'm April from Nebraska and I live with my husband and my seven month old beagle, Barney. UPS just delivered my book this morning. It looks really good and I can't wait to start reading. I have a few other books to finish first, but I'll get them read quick so I can start on this one. I'm so excited I got into this sneak peek! It looks like it will be a great book to discuss with everyone. See you all in March!

April
Blogger
L_Monty
0 Kudos

Hi, Jon, my name is Monty. I was born on a battlefield in a state of innocence.

Contributor
mysticveil
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is JoAnne. I got my book on Saturday. It looks great. I cant wait to start reading it! :smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm Katie from Charlottesville, VA. I usually spend most of my time reading fiction; these days most of my non-fiction is limited to literary criticism (and the occasional history book for fun. I read and enjoyed

American Lion  this winter). I'm really looking forward to Seized, though!

New User
JoeKane
0 Kudos

Here for Seized? Introduce yourself!

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone!!

I'm Joe, from Missouri..Just got my book today, can't wait to start but first I'll have to detach myself from the wonderful world of Jonathan Ames.

Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, I'm Kris from NJ. Looking forward to a great discussion.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Debbie from Missouri too (hi Joe). I work for a graphic design firm in St. Louis, am a book addict and belong to many of the book clubs here. I've been a part of First Look since the get go and I love it. And I rec'd my book on Friday, started reading it and all I can say is WOW!!

Inspired Contributor
lg4154
0 Kudos

My name is Laura Goodwin and I am a 911 Operator for the City of Houston. I live in Conroe, Texas and this is my second sneak peek participation. It looks like a great book and I just got mine in the mail yesterday.

Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Karen and I live on the Big Island of Hawaii.  I received my book last week and can't wait for the discussion to start.  :smileyvery-happy:

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com
Correspondent
MissShopaholic
0 Kudos

I'm Danelle from S. Texas.  I just got the book today.  Super excited. I'm still reading Before I Fall so my Dad took Seized from me for the time being. Kinda difficult to find this board.  Is there a schedule?  When do we start the discussion?

Frequent Contributor
Lildove3
0 Kudos

Hey all...been with B&N for awhile, but this is a 2nd book for this club...if I can help in anyway

let me know...I'm from NY

Correspondent
Sadie1
0 Kudos

lilk wrote:

Hi, I'm Karen and I live on the Big Island of Hawaii.  I received my book last week and can't wait for the discussion to start.  :smileyvery-happy:

lilk,  I had seen your screen name and the Hawaii and was thinking this might be my big lil sis Kim over in Kona on the big island when I saw lilk.  I'm tall, she's short..she signs, your lil sis.  LOL!

Anywhoo,

I am Lisa from Atlanta, GA!  I love to read all sorts of stuff from non-fiction to fiction.  I am a wife and mother of one son and two dogs.  Sadie is my golden retriever.

I was so excited to see what this book was about.  I love the sea and tales of it.  I was raised deep-sea fishing.  Nothing like what's going on in this book by the way. We only had a 24 1/2 foot cabin cruiser.   My ex was a Captain of a Shrimp boat from a long family of shrimpers that shrimped from Key West to Texas and back again.

I have started the book and find it interesting so far!

Lisa

Contributor
Temolly
0 Kudos

Aloha, I'm mia from the Big Island of Hawaii and I've started reading "Seized."  I'm not a big fan of pirate stories but am intrigued by this autobiography.  My 9 year old son keeps trying to grab the book as this is obviously his kind of topic but I may just have to reword the story as I go along reading.  I started reading this on the beach, as my kids and I went hiking into yet unknown territory for us, so it is all an exciting ambiance to be in at this moment. 

Contributor
Temolly
0 Kudos

I've seen March 15 as the start date but I haven't seen the schedule yet...

Contributor
historygirl2008AS
0 Kudos

Hey everyone! this is my frist sneek peek book it looks good cant wait to disscuss it

Inspired Contributor
ambika22
0 Kudos

I've participated in some First Look but this is my first Sneak Peek!

Im a Spanish girl and i love to read almost any kind of books. Im very intrigued by Seized and i hope we have a great time together discussing about it.

Correspondent
retromom
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Beth. Mom to three children, 3 cats and 2 dogs. I have done quite a few of the First Look books and one of the Sneak Peek books. I enjoy reading many different genres of books including memoirs. I find it interesting reading about other's lives and experiences. Looking forward to discussing Seized with all of you!

Beth

http://bookaholicmom.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
dragonfly_yayn
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am Elaine from Western MA

Correspondent
MsReaderCP
0 Kudos

Hi! This is my first sneak peek, but I have done many First looks.  I am a 99% fiction reader, but this book sounds awesome.  Also I have a husband whose dream is for us to retire on a boat!!  I thought what a fun way to find out more about boats.  Plus being a retired attorney, I am interested in current events and am interested in what people have to say about those issues.  Look forward to the discussion!

CP