Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
mamiesmith
0 Kudos

How Can the Average American Help Jumpstart the Economy, As Well As Keep It Healthy and Strong?

I am the average "Jane Smith."  Is there something I can do to help get the economy moving?  I suppose I could keep my credit card in my wallet, purchase the things that I need, instead of the thing that I want, and learn to live within my family income.  Why is this so hard to do?  Are we Americans afraid to say "No" to ourselves?  Let's see!  How many cars does my family ACTUALLY need?  You think I could read the "fine print" on that contract, and not let other guys "get over on me?"  Hm -m-m, I wonder, what do you think?  Oh, one final thing,  maybe, try a little kindness, integrity, and ethics.

www.rioboutique.biz/theunfoldingofarosebymamiesmith

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

Re: How Can the Average American Help Jumpstart the Economy, As Well As Keep It Healthy and Strong?

what a great suggestion...it would have been nice if either candidate had addressed personal responsibility. one of the reasons pres. kennedy is so well remembered is that he stressed just that when he said "And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.

twj

mamiesmith wrote:

I am the average "Jane Smith."  Is there something I can do to help get the economy moving?  (edited by twj)...