Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Joe "The Plumber!"

How smart was it for McCain to introduce Joe into the system?  It's a good thing Joe is taking it all in stride!  His life is now spread across this USA!

I thought I would gag, for every time his name was mentioned on last night's debate!  I didn't know this guy from Adam. 

And he's now the 'poster child' for a campaign debate? 

Give me a break!

He's only THINKING about starting a business...and already there is argument over how much taxes he should pay... He's not even a licensed plumber! 

Aren't there bigger fish to fry?

Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

Re: Joe "The Plumber!"

SNL jumped all over it tonight. This guy is going to get media play and it seems like he loves it. He's going to NYC to be interviewed. He owes income tax from 2 years ago that he hasn't paid. He should worry about paying that now, not a tax increase later. There's a lien on his house.

KathyS wrote:

How smart was it for McCain to introduce Joe into the system?  It's a good thing Joe is taking it all in stride!  His life is now spread across this USA!

I thought I would gag, for every time his name was mentioned on last night's debate!  I didn't know this guy from Adam. 

Give me a break!

He's only THINKING about starting a business...and already there is argument over how much taxes he should pay... He's not even a licensed plumber! 

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
KathyS
0 Kudos

Isn't' it crazy, Deb!  Maybe he'll earn enough money from all of this center stage media,  to pay his back taxes!  I'll be watching SNL, tonight. I think the media is getting bored!  Just listening to the playbacks of that debate, and how many times his name was mentioned, Yikes!  It was said that McCain's party regretted his actions in bringing this guys name to the forefront of this debate.  Grasping for straws, perhaps?  I don't know, but without background checks, it seems an apparent big mistake.

I wish Joe well!

debbook wrote:
SNL jumped all over it tonight. This guy is going to get media play and it seems like he loves it. He's going to NYC to be interviewed. He owes income tax from 2 years ago that he hasn't paid. He should worry about paying that now, not a tax increase later. There's a lien on his house.

KathyS wrote:

Give me a break!

KathyS
0 Kudos

Deb, I watched SNL last night, and I'm still laughing!  I think I've decided what I'm going to do about this election: 

I'm writing in Joe as President, and his Magic Plunger as VP. 

Maybe Joe can wave Mr. Plunger over the world,  and POOF!  Everyone's mortgages disappear! 

I wonder if Joe has a six-pack? 

debbook wrote:

KathyS wrote:

Give me a break!

Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

Vote for Joe!!! Of course then plumbers everywhere will increase their rates and they charge a FORTUNE already !!!  I think I need a magic plunger. Poor little pocket-sized Joe.
A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

i think it is comic relief! this campaign has gone on too long. i think it is sad, though, if they assassinate his character. all he did was ask a question. i also think it is ridiculous to think it was a conspiracy. if it was, it certainly wasn't worth it.

twj

Message Edited by thewanderingjew on 10-17-2008 09:49 PM
KathyS
0 Kudos

twj,

I agree, this campaign has certainly gone on much, much, too long! 

I'm not sure who's assassinating whos character.  Joe (sorry I can't spell his last name) seems to be enjoying the media  lights on himself.  If he gets assassinated by the media, what can I say? 

The unfortunate thing is, there is a man, here in Calif., who goes by the name of "Joe The Plumber", a licensed plumber, who's had a bazillion website responses, telephone calls, threats, you name it, but, thank goodness, he's trying to stay calm and cool about it all. 

I'm sorry, I'm not aware of a "conspiracy".   Where did that come from?  Who's conspiring against whom? 

As I saw it, John McCain mistakenly brought Joe The Plumber's name up during the debate.   I know he was just using him as an example, but I think it backfired on him.  I can't imagine it being "off the cuff",  because he referred to him one too many times.  These parties must watch each other like hawks!  Somebody had to have told McCain about Joe.  Just my theory, no facts.

thewanderingjew wrote:

i think it is comic relief! this campaign has gone on too long. i think it is sad, though, if they assassinate his character. all he did was ask a question. i also think it is ridiculous to think it was a conspiracy. if it was, it certainly wasn't worth it.

twj

Message Edited by thewanderingjew on 10-17-2008 09:49 PM

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

gop conspiracy

conspiracy theories

KathyS wrote: (edited by twj)

I'm sorry, I'm not aware of a "conspiracy".   Where did that come from?  Who's conspiring against whom? 

KathyS
0 Kudos

Wow, thanks.  Interesting theories.  But all theories are interesting until proven, right?  It is a sad commentary on people/government lies and frauds.  I guess we shall see what we shall see.  I hope truth prevails!

thewanderingjew wrote:

gop conspiracy

conspiracy theories

KathyS wrote: (edited by twj)

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Hey at least he got a record deal out of it, and a publicist, and a agent, and who knows what else.  Hey it's the American way, milk it for all it's worth.  Maybe he was only doing it so if McCain had won, he would have been the White House plumber.
"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com