Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
Sadie1
0 Kudos

Re: SEIZED, by Max Hardberger, Chapters 9-End (and Whole Book Discussion)

Max, I had previously asked some questions and you have been missing in action since 3-22-10.  I'm reposting my questions again and hoping you will answer them.

Here is what I had previously asked:

I do have questions though.  You have answered some in other threads and other posts.  But, I have another that I haven't seen asked yet.

In the book, you often left your business card with various people while discussing various matters.  Did you ever fear that you would be connected and tracked down after the ship's disappeared from these ports?  Do, you run into problems since those situations when you return to the area's to handle future problems with ships?  Do you worry about being recognized and facing repercussions from previous feats?

I also can't wait until your next book!  Will it be more adventures like the ones we read in Seized, or something totally different?  When do you expect to be finished with it?  When will we it be released?

Lisa in Georgia

P.S.  After reading the book and you being MIA..you got my curiosity up as to where ya been?  LOL!  I've been wondering if you have been up to more adventures since Michael Bono has posted a bit for you...he never answered my questions though.

Reader 4
maxhardberger
0 Kudos

Dear Lisa

Sadie1 wrote:

In the book, you often left your business card with various people while discussing various matters.  Did you ever fear that you would be connected and tracked down after the ship's disappeared from these ports?  Do, you run into problems since those situations when you return to the area's to handle future problems with ships?  Do you worry about being recognized and facing repercussions from previous feats?

Sorry about being MIA--for some reason, the B&N message board wouldn't let me post for a few days. To answer the above question, I've never feared that somebody would track me down. I'm not hard to find, and I enjoy citizenship in a state with a deep and abiding reverence for the Second Amendment. There're a few of those bad monkeys out there that I wouldn't mind running into again under the right circumstances! I did run into one of them, "Jose Maldonado," once, on a job in Miami. We both pretended we'd never heard of the other. Actually, we got along just fine for the week we had to work together.

Sadie1 wrote:

P.S.  After reading the book and you being MIA..you got my curiosity up as to where ya been?  LOL!  I've been wondering if you have been up to more adventures since Michael Bono has posted a bit for you...he never answered my questions though.

No recent adventures other than buying a sailboat and bringing it from Biloxi, Mississippi to Slidell, Louisiana, where I'm now living onboard. I'm getting it ready to push off for the Bahamas this fall, but before then I have to finish the next book. Check out my website for details on its progress.

All the best

Max

Frequent Contributor
AIRKNITTER
0 Kudos

Hey Max,

Here's wishing you the best of everything that comes your way. You tell a great story and I will be watching your web-site to keep track of you and your "whereabouts". Looking forward to your next book and, of course, YOUR movie.

Be well, be safe, be strong.

Aine

Children are the living message we send to a time we will not see.
Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Thank you Max for sharing your book with us. It was an enjoyable journey into an industry I have never would have known about were it not for this book.

Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Author
Max-Hardberger
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.  Michael Bono here.  Check out this new video of Max discussing his adventures -- Video of Max

Also, the book launch is just 3 days away.  So, please help spread the word.  If SEIZED is successfull, there will be more adventures from Capt. Max...

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Max-Hardberger wrote:

Hello everyone.  Michael Bono here.  Check out this new video of Max discussing his adventures -- Video of Max

Max never uses force -- he does things the old fashioned way -- he uses witch doctors!  :smileyhappy:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Psychee wrote:

Max-Hardberger wrote:

Max never uses force -- he does things the old fashioned way -- he uses witch doctors!  :smileyhappy:

Love it!!!

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have found it interesting to realize that Max has at least two other books in print:

Jumping off Place  "The hard-boiled novel is alive and well at the millennium."  Comment on B&N page

Deadweight : Owning the Ocean Freighter (A limited number of these in paperback are listed on the web at between $200 and $400!)

I spot another book apparently authored by Max:  Freighter Captain.

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

I'm still reading this book and so far it's a great book, almost done.  It is full of exciting/scary life adventures on the sea and different countries that surround the sea.  I don't know how his wife puts up with him always being gone and seemingly in danger of being put in prison in a far off country for who knows how long.

The characters are great and are developed very well throughout the book, I especially enjoyed Ramesh, it was sad when he went down with the ship.  It'd be very interesting/exciting if they made a movie out of this one, which by the way, I haven't seen a casting call in this forum for this book.  If you did I think Max should be played by himself, love his ways.

What ever happened to the AB that had the girlfriend that had to pay the father?  When that was talked about there was a sudden emergency to get the ship out before the authorities came to seize it.

Great job on this book and look forward to reading more adventures by Max.

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com