Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

The 2008 election: Where are they now?

[ Edited ]
I found this Liston Salon.com.  It gives a rather humorous account of what some of the key (and not so key) players of this last election cycle are up to in a couple of years.  I couldn't stop laughing so I thought I would share with everyone.  Feel free to make your own suggestions as well, I would love to hear them.
Message Edited by fforgnayr on 11-12-2008 12:17 AM
Message Edited by fforgnayr on 11-12-2008 12:19 AM
"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Re: The 2008 election: Where are they now?

Just so you know I'm going to pout if no one else found the Where are they now? list funny :smileywink:

Peppermill
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

fforgnayr wrote:
Just so you know I'm going to pout if no one else found the Where are they now? list funny :smileywink:

Don't bother pouting -- unless you want to do so.

(I have chosen to share the link with several of my email cohorts, along with this one on VanGogh .)

Message Edited by Peppermill on 11-13-2008 01:36 PM
"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

I loved it. Its good to have a laugh these days!

fforgnayr wrote:

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Hilarious!  I particularly like the idea of Chelsea Clinton and Piper Palin running for the presidency in 2045 - that could come true!:smileysurprised::smileyhappy:
Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

I liked the palin/clinton ticket as well but i thought the last one was the best. I am sure Bush will be happier than ever in his life, once he steps out of the White House.

twj 

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

My favorite part was the McCain/Lieberman wedding :smileytongue: I was trying to figure out what flowers to send

KathyS
0 Kudos

That was funny.  Lilies come to mind....although, the lyrics to a song from the musical, Oklahoma, just popped into my head...The flowers, daisies, came to mind...my sick mind: 

"Oh, the daisies in the dell,

will give off a different smell...."

(you don't want to know the rest of these lyrics)

fforgnayr wrote:
My favorite part was the McCain/Lieberman wedding :smileytongue: I was trying to figure out what flowers to send