Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

What Are You Reading - 2013

Just started on this one.  I'll be intersted in seeing what I think of it's once I'm done.

Born on a Mountaintop  

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Re: What Are You Reading - 2013

Winter King  

I'm reading this biography of Henry VII.  I've read many books about the Tudors over the years, but this is the first one of Henry VII, so it is interesting to get a better look at this king who has been a rather shadowy figure for me.

(Interesting that I noticed a new button on your post that I've never seen before - it seems to be in the post itself, and is labeled "Me Too".  Wonder what that's all about?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I'm not seeing a Me Too button, where is it?

dulcinea3 wrote:

Winter King  

I'm reading this biography of Henry VII.  I've read many books about the Tudors over the years, but this is the first one of Henry VII, so it is interesting to get a better look at this king who has been a rather shadowy figure for me.

(Interesting that I noticed a new button on your post that I've never seen before - it seems to be in the post itself, and is labeled "Me Too".  Wonder what that's all about?)

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It's just under your 'signature' and above where it shows the tags.  I just clicked on it to see what would happen, and got this message showing at the top of the thread:

"Thank you for your feedback! You can subscribe to this topic to be notified of replies."

Not sure what they meant by feedback, either, since I'm not sure what I was indicating when I clicked on it!

Oh, now when I look at your post, the button is greyed out, and next to it it says: "1 person had this problem."

Weird!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I don't see the button, but I do see the 1 person had this problem.  Very strange.

dulcinea3 wrote:

It's just under your 'signature' and above where it shows the tags.  I just clicked on it to see what would happen, and got this message showing at the top of the thread:

"Thank you for your feedback! You can subscribe to this topic to be notified of replies."

Not sure what they meant by feedback, either, since I'm not sure what I was indicating when I clicked on it!

Oh, now when I look at your post, the button is greyed out, and next to it it says: "1 person had this problem."

Weird!!!

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Recently finished Animal Wise and getting ready to read Forzen in Time.

Animal Wise

Frozen in Time  

Frequent Contributor
Redcatlady
0 Kudos

Christian Caryl's Strange Rebels sounds interesting.  A few days ago, I saw an interview with the author on Book Talk.