Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

Introduce Yourself

Reply to this message to introduce yourself to the group, and to share your first impressions of The Septembers of Shiraz.
Contributor
bookluver1965
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hello!

I am Laurie and I live in Ontario. I am very happy to be a part of this group as I recently received and read an advanced copy of The Septembers of Shiraz. This book was wonderfully written, and I am excited to be able to talk with the author about it.

Cheers,
Laurie
Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

Hi! I am Laura from the south coast of Maine.

I finished The Septembers of Shiraz a couple of days ago. So as not to spoil anything, all I can say is --- Wow! and Whew!

I am looking forward to discussing the book with everyone!
Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm IBIS which are my initials. I live in Boston, MA, and have lived many years in NYC (and Brooklyn!) I studied at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn as an art student.

I'm a voracious reader. Books open windows for me to other worlds and cultures where I have never traveled. And I get intimate knowledge into the lives of fascinating new friends.

I just finished a wonderful discussion about war-torn Afghanistan (A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS), and made friends with 2 amazing women.

I'm looking forward to learning more about post-Revolution Iran. And since I'm halfway into THE SEPTEMBERS OF SHIRAZ, I'm fascinated by the 4-person points of view of Isaac, Farnaz, and their son and daughter.

This will be a rewarding reading experience for me. I'm sure that I will be uncomfortable with some characters, and others with whom I will make friends, and keep close.
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Frequent Contributor
mildone
0 Kudos

A senior citizen from upstate New York who just accidently found THE SEPTEMBER OF SHIRAZ,and am grateful for having found this discussion group. I have four friends who were raised and educated in Iran. They have a great love for their native land and some sorrows but willingly share with me the glories of Iran and its culture. Looking forward for further enlightenment.
mildone
Frequent Contributor
WildCityWoman
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I'm Carly Svamvour, Toronto, Ontario.

I enjoyed Septembers of Shiraz immensely - it was recommended to me as being something I'd like, my having an interest in books themed on lives in the middle east.

Like you folks here, I'm always avid to find places to discuss books online.

Here are some other places on the web where I participate in discussions:

Book Buzz - Toronto Public Library's online book discussion. I'm the gal who just won two free books there:

The Time In Between - David Bergen

Outlander - Gil Adamson

Both autographed copies! Yahoo!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Book Talk

Reading Group Guides

Wild City Writers' Workshop - Books n' Movies

That's just one of the forums at this writers' site - I am trying to promote more discussions on books there, so y'all are welcome to drop in - doesn't take long to get your registration confirmed, and away ya' go.

I hope to become an active reader and member here, at B & N.

Nice to meet y'all.

Carly

:smileyhappy:

Message Edited by WildCityWoman on 03-14-2008 09:46 PM
Carly

http://wildcity.proboards14.com/index.cgi?board=Books
Users Online
Currently online:53 members 377 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: