Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Welcome from your moderator

Welcome to the Barnes and Noble online discussion of Dalia Sofer's extraordinary first novel. Through it, we have an opportunity to imagine a world many of us are totally unfamiliar with: A comfortable Jewish Iranian family is caught in the crush of a revolution, and Sofer depicts the the way each member of the family is swept into his or her solitary suffering and self-examination with such precision and sophistication, you may find yourself forgetting to exhale occasionally!

I hope you will enjoy the novel, and can't wait to hear what discussion is stirs up!

I'm Rachel, and have been with the book clubs for three years now. I'm a mom and a librarian.

I look forward to hearing from you!
New User
ayesha
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome from your moderator

Hi I am Ayesha from Bangladesh. I enjoy reading books and have been reveiwing them for some voluntary organisations for many years. This is the first time I am participating in this so bear with me as I get the hang of this.
New User
JeffDee
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome from your moderator

Rachel:

My organization is having a Book Club meeting and our moderator can;t make it. Do you have some good open discussion questions that can get us started?
Users Online
Currently online: 53 members 1,051 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: