Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome from the Author

Dear Johanna,

You're most welcome. I enjoy the comments and the time everyone invests in the club. Your insights are most helpful to me as an author.

Debbie

johanna49 wrote:
Debbie,
Thank you for your warm welcome to all of us. Last year I enjoyed your book discussion
on Barnes and Noble book club so very much.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Thank you for saying so. When writing continuing characters the challenge is to keep them interesting and fresh. Your comment is most reassuring to me.

Debbie

tripldiner wrote:
Hi Debbie,

I think I loved Back on Blossom Street more than the original.I read it in almost one sitting. It was so wonderful to see how everyone had progressed in their lives. It was like meeting an old friend after many years.Please continue the series I am waiting with baited breath.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Maureen,

Thank you for joining up again. I'm the one who is rateful.

Debbie

Reenie5 wrote:
Hi Debbie,
Just a quick thank you for giving us all such great reads over the years. Your ability to touch the core of relationships between family and friends never stops amazing me....To write with such depth, warmth and love is truely a wonderful talent and I know I am only one of millions who appreciates the heart and soul that you pour into it.
What fun to be here at B&N again for another rewarding discussion. Thank you so much for the opportunity!

Have a happy summer!!
Maureen

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Susan,

You must be pretty special to have such wonderful friends.

Debbie

suzilightning wrote:
Greetings and thank you.

I just was handed an autographed copy of Back on Blossom Street you did for some of my coworkers at BEA. How cool was that!!

Have fun writing and knitting...

susan

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Kathy,

I'm doing my best to spread the word about Guideposts for Kids. Their knitter of the year Joan McKoesn (the book is dedicated to her and her husband) is one of my drearest friends. We're both working to spread the word. Thank you all that you do to touch young lives and warm the children.

Debbie

thread wrote:

DebbieMacomber wrote:

I'm so pleased you're here and that you're reading Back on Blossom Street. This is the third installment in the Blossom Street series, which has the distinction of being a series I never intended to be a series. The truth is I completely lost control of my writing career. Reader feedback on Lydia and her yarn store in The Shop on Blossom Street was overwhelming, so in A Good Yarn, I went back -- and now I've done it again. Not only that, I was more than happy to make the trip! I'm a dedicated knitter, and I'm crazy about yarn (which is another way of saying my personal stash fills a large part of our house).

As you might suspect, I'm a passionate person -- passionate about the things that are important to me. I love being a writer as much as I enjoy knitting. I'm sure you can also tell from my books that my family's the very center of my life and that my friends matter a great deal to me, as yours do to you. I have strong feelings about how people ought to behave toward others, and yet I'm completely realistic, too. I hope all of that comes across in my portrayals of the women (and men!) in my Blossom Street community.

If this is the first book of mine you've read, that's fabulous, and if it's your thirty-fifth, that's even more so. I look forward to getting to know you and I hope you'll get to know me, too -- Debbie Macomber, writer, storyteller, friend (and a person who hoards yarn!). Whatever you do, though, don't get me started talking about my grandchildren, who happen to be the cutest, most brilliant children in the known universe...

I'm honored and excited about being a guest author in the Barnes & Noble online book club. I promise a lively discussion and some laughter and friendship along the way, so sign in and let's get going!

Debbie Macomber

Dear Debby, How wonderful it is to be on Blossom street again. I just love to get together with old friends. I am an avid knitter and wonder if any other of your readers have heard of Guideposts Knit for Kids? It is easy to find on the net and a great story too. And a easy way to keep the children of the world warm. Than you so much for bring these friends to life. Kathy

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Marion,

The only way to settle this is to bring out the phot albums. I do admit that that the cutest kids in the universe is a shared title.

Debbie

momlipetz wrote:
Dear Debbie:

I have never taken part in an online dialogue, but there is a first for most things.

I have read most of your books (25 - 30) and have greatly enjoyed them. I just finished Back on Blossom Street and thought it was terrific. Please keep us updated on Lydia, etc.

As for grandchildren - I always thought MINE were the smartest and most beautiful. I guess it is in the eyes of the beholder.

I am an active knitter - have just finished a baby blanket for my newest grandchild (5 weeks old) and am presently making him a sweater to wear in the winter. I have 4 other grandkids so will have plenty of projects to do.

Thanks for being so entertaining.
Marion

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Lois,

I'm a big audio book person myself. It's a great way to multi-task and best of all I can knit and listen.

Debbie

LoisW wrote:

DebbieMacomber wrote:

I'm so pleased you're here and that you're reading Back on Blossom Street. This is the third installment in the Blossom Street series, which has the distinction of being a series I never intended to be a series. The truth is I completely lost control of my writing career. Reader feedback on Lydia and her yarn store in The Shop on Blossom Street was overwhelming, so in A Good Yarn, I went back -- and now I've done it again. Not only that, I was more than happy to make the trip! I'm a dedicated knitter, and I'm crazy about yarn (which is another way of saying my personal stash fills a large part of our house).

As you might suspect, I'm a passionate person -- passionate about the things that are important to me. I love being a writer as much as I enjoy knitting. I'm sure you can also tell from my books that my family's the very center of my life and that my friends matter a great deal to me, as yours do to you. I have strong feelings about how people ought to behave toward others, and yet I'm completely realistic, too. I hope all of that comes across in my portrayals of the women (and men!) in my Blossom Street community.

If this is the first book of mine you've read, that's fabulous, and if it's your thirty-fifth, that's even more so. I look forward to getting to know you and I hope you'll get to know me, too -- Debbie Macomber, writer, storyteller, friend (and a person who hoards yarn!). Whatever you do, though, don't get me started talking about my grandchildren, who happen to be the cutest, most brilliant children in the known universe...

I'm honored and excited about being a guest author in the Barnes & Noble online book club. I promise a lively discussion and some laughter and friendship along the way, so sign in and let's get going!

Debbie Macomber

Debbie:

I encountered "A Good Yarn" earlier this year and then sped my way through Cedar Cove. I picked up a copy of "Back on Blosson Street" the other day and look forward to reading it this evening.

I know that I will find it especially rewarding, since I have been knitting prayer shawls for the United Methodist Women's group I belong to. I've fnished 6 shawls since we started the project last fall (I have 4 others in progress). My sister is planning to start a knitting circle to get more women involved in the project, so I will donate the copy of "Back on Blossom Street" to the church's library to make others aware of the value of knitting/crocheting together.

Thank you for giving me hours of pleasure. I suspect that I may have to get future novels in Audio form so I can knit while visiting Cedar Cove and Blossom St.

Lois

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Mary,

Welcome! I'm want to be known as a value added author which is one of the reasons why I've included a knitting pattern with each one of the books. It's affirming to hear that you appreciate that. I hope you enjoy the discussions.

Debbie

marymaca wrote:
Hi Debbie,
My name is Mary and I'm from New York. I do more reading than knitting.
Thanks so much for all of your books,I find them all to be heartwarming and comforting. As a new knitter myself, I appreciate the patterns and can relate well to the struggles of the characters.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Well sucks . . . I could get a really big head from reading all thse nice comments. Thankfully I have 4 kids and a husband who know exactly how to keep me humble. The CC books are released every September. 74 Seaside Avenue will be available before you know it.

Debbie

Countrylady09 wrote:
Debbie, it is so good to be able to chat with you. You seem so down to earth and just like a good friend. When can we expect another Cedar Cove book? I'm anxious to continue to series. I don't knit, but I used to do counted cross stitch. I think I will take up knitting, but I hope it doesn't interfere with my reading. I'm an obsessive reader! I sometimes have 3 books at a time going - one at work, one at home and one in my car for when I'm stuck in traffic.

Thanks again for your wonderful books.

Joyce

Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

DebbieMacomber wrote:
This year's book features Shirley, Goodness and Mercy, my 3 favorite angels.

I absolutely love those Angels! Jo
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Countrylady09 wrote:
Debbie, it is so good to be able to chat with you. You seem so down to earth and just like a good friend. When can we expect another Cedar Cove book? I'm anxious to continue to series. I don't knit, but I used to do counted cross stitch. I think I will take up knitting, but I hope it doesn't interfere with my reading. I'm an obsessive reader! I sometimes have 3 books at a time going - one at work, one at home and one in my car for when I'm stuck in traffic.

Thanks again for your wonderful books.

Joyce

Joyce,

I routinely have a book in the bedroom, one in each of 2 bathrooms, one in the living room, one in my bag for the gym and one in my car. I also listen to an audio book during my commute to work. I rotate them weekly so that none are neglected. Jo
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

I forgot about the one in the kitchen!
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Jo,

You're so organized! I spend much too much time chasing down the book I'm reading- luckily for me, one of my children usually knows where I left it. If not, they help me look. :smileyhappy:

I'm a one-at-a-time reader, mostly. I can have two going, but one will get neglected.
Stephanie
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:
Jo,

You're so organized! I spend much too much time chasing down the book I'm reading- luckily for me, one of my children usually knows where I left it. If not, they help me look. :smileyhappy:

I'm a one-at-a-time reader, mostly. I can have two going, but one will get neglected.

But you probably finish books quicker than I do Stephanie, since I'm not concentrating on one at a time. Jo
Contributor
cascadegypsy
0 Kudos

DebbieMacomber wrote:
Liesa,

Feel free to horde my books. I'm just happy that you're enjoying the stories. Thank you too for your comments which I've read and responded to a couple of times. You have good insights.

Debbie

cascadegypsy wrote:
Hi Debbie,
I'm so excited to part of this discussion group. This will be my 3rd time in a group with you and I love the insights that I gather from you and the other readers each time. I wait with anticipation for each book that you write to be published. You might say that I hoard your books much the same way you do yarn.

Debbie,
I have to say that BOBS is my favorite Blossom Steet book, so far, and I'm soo glad you'll be continuing the series with Alix, Lydia and the rest.
Leisa
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Jo,

That could be true, I'm fairly dedicated when I start to read - the laundry will pile up, children will wander around hungry... :smileyhappy: and summer is the best time for reading- I can sit in the sun all day, as long as the iced tea is readily available.
Stephanie
Users Online
Currently online:27 members 307 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: