Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Redcatlady
0 Kudos

Alix's Conflicts

Alix has a lot to deal with this time out --- the wedding, which brings out her insecurities about her past and whether she'll be completely accepted by future mother-in-law Susan, and the question of whether or not to forgive Laurel for her treachery years ago. What do you think? Should the next Blossom Street book deal with this?

Melissa/Redcatlady
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: Alix's Conflicts

It would be nice for Debbie to continue the series but that's up to her. Maybe if we push her enough, she will come up with another book. Alix's conflicts don't need to be a separate book unless she does have problems with the mother-in-law. She just needs to elope and answer questions later; I think she will be a happier person for doing that.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Contributor
DutchMoeder
0 Kudos

I hope if there is a next book it delves more into Alix's life. She's a truly colorful character and I think we'd all love to see her become a mother.

It was great to see her and her mother in law end on such a good note. I'd love to see how their partnership in the church continues as well. Maybe not yet but I can certainly see an entire book being dedicated to that families story sooner or later.
Amanda
____
"If more people knitted and crocheted, the world would see fewer wars and a whole lot less road rage."
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Redcatlady wrote:
Alix has a lot to deal with this time out --- the wedding, which brings out her insecurities about her past and whether she'll be completely accepted by future mother-in-law Susan, and the question of whether or not to forgive Laurel for her treachery years ago. What do you think? Should the next Blossom Street book deal with this?

Melissa/Redcatlady

Yes, Melissa, you are so right!
Frequent Contributor
Redcatlady
0 Kudos

I'm glad you feel that way, Kiakar. I obviously didn't make myself clear to the others with my previous statement; what I meant was that another Blossom Street book needs to deal with Laurel. From what I read about Alix in this and previous books was that the only way Alix could find the strength to forgive Laurel was if she faced her. Frankly, I'm curious about what's happened to Laurel in the interim.

Melissa/Redcatlady
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

My understanding from a book signing I went to with Debbie Macomber present was thar there is another Blossom Street book in the works. No date revealed and no idea about who it will be about, maybe a brand new character, who knows? Also, for anyone interested, Debbie has a book coming out in August, I believe, called Knitting Together. It's actually about her writing career and little snippets and stories involved with her life. Sounds like a good book to read and find out about the woman behind all these books.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:
My understanding from a book signing I went to with Debbie Macomber present was thar there is another Blossom Street book in the works. No date revealed and no idea about who it will be about, maybe a brand new character, who knows? Also, for anyone interested, Debbie has a book coming out in August, I believe, called Knitting Together. It's actually about her writing career and little snippets and stories involved with her life. Sounds like a good book to read and find out about the woman behind all these books.

Oh that is great!
Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Melissa and Everyone,

The 2008 hardcover is titled 20 WISHES and features Anne Marie who owns Blossom Street books. HOWEVER the 2009 hardcover will feature thA Good Yarn and Lydia once again. Alix will be part of the new class with 2 or 3 others and of course Lydia and Brad plus the ever endearing Margaret. I hope that helps answer some of your questions.

Debbie

Redcatlady wrote:
I'm glad you feel that way, Kiakar. I obviously didn't make myself clear to the others with my previous statement; what I meant was that another Blossom Street book needs to deal with Laurel. From what I read about Alix in this and previous books was that the only way Alix could find the strength to forgive Laurel was if she faced her. Frankly, I'm curious about what's happened to Laurel in the interim.

Melissa/Redcatlady

Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 340 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: