Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Introduce Yourself

Reply to this message to introduce yourself to the group. And let us know which of Debbie Macomber's other books have you read, as well as what interests you about this new one!

Stephanie
New User
flutteringfly
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

My name is Kris and I am from good ol' Minnesota. I have read almost every Macomber book in print. The ladies on Blossom Street are well known to me and I was so excited to hear that a new book was in print that I bought it the day it came out:smileyhappy:
I work in school age care and 29 years young!
Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

Hello

Hi Everyone,

I'm Liz from Western New York. Hello Debbie!! Hello Steph!!!

I've read many of Debbie's books, particularly this series and the Cedar Cove series. I've recommended them to others and enjoy them myself immensely!

Can't wait to discuss this book with everyone come Monday!
Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
Frequent Contributor
KathyH
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie!

I spent last Saturday and Sunday reading the Blossom books and loved them. I was in Debbie's Suzanna's Garden group a few months ago.

I live in Orange, California and work in a large church here. I leave for Chautauqua, New York the 20th so my posting after that will be farther apart, but I'm ready to get started!

KathyH
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

hi group and Debbie. Sorry I will miss you in Charlotte, NC on Monday and Tuesday. I'm in the midst of a few doctor's appts in preparation for a total knee replacement later in June. But for now, I'll be participating. My name is Maxcat and love knitting. I'm glad Debbie took our input from the last book and decided to write another Blossom Street book.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Contributor
Ktrink
0 Kudos

Hi All,
I am Kathy from Pittsburgh Pa. I have been reading Debbie's book for about a year now. Started with the Blossom Street books and have read numerous others since. I am now almost done with the first Ceder Cove and have the next waiting in the wings.....lol. I am a beginner knitter. I am a stay at home mom of three children ages 7-9-11. I loved meeting Debbie this past May at a book signing. Made me love her all the more. What a truly lovely lady!! Take care and happy reading...Kathy
Patience the Best is yet to come.
New User
debkb
0 Kudos

I'm Debby as well and am from Colorado. I've loved the Blossom Street series and the Cedar Cove series - they all feel like friends and I want to live in Cedar Cove!!!! I'd love to purchase the newest Lydia book, but my others are in paperback and I love to have my books in a series all "match"!!!! So I'll check it out at the library as soon as I can and look forward to trying to join the discussion as work allows!
New User
RobertaP
0 Kudos

Hi

This is the second book for our new 'Friday Night Knit Book Club'. I'm about halfway through this enjoyable book

Roberta in Staunton, VA
New User
Marty50
0 Kudos

Hi I am Marty, a new resident of Nevada. My heart and my young adult children are in Tucson. I am newly married and enjoy working at Petsmart visiting with wonderful "parents" of pets. I have not yet read any of Debbie's books and I can see I have a lot of great reading ahead! This is my first discussion group with B&N.
New User
volleyskcat
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have read many of Debbie Macomber books and love ALL of them. I took up knitting after reading A Good Yarn.. and I am so glad I did. I bought this new one the day it came out and finished it quickly, can't wait for another one...
New User
birdlady
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'm Mari from the Chicago area. I just started reading Debbie Macombers' book, but didn't know they were a series! From the Cedar Cove series I read # 6 first then found out & went out & bought the 1st five books. I've finished #1 & am in the middle of #2 & I just love what easy reads they are. I picked up & read The Shop on Blossom Street (which I loved) but did I read that out of order also?? Thanks for your help.
Contributor
DutchMoeder
0 Kudos

Hello there. My name is Amanda and I'm a 21 year old mom of a 16 month old girl. She keeps me busy but I take any free time I have to read or Knit. My job outside of my daughter is knitting commission and sale pieces and I love it. My husband is wonderfully supportive and feeds my book habit as well as my yarn habit! I've read many of Debbie's free standing books and her blossom street books. Cedar cove is my next series to tackle! I can't wait to finish back on blossom street so I can fully get into these boards!

Amanda Snellink
Amanda
____
"If more people knitted and crocheted, the world would see fewer wars and a whole lot less road rage."
New User
Suzy-Q0227
0 Kudos

Hello. My name is Suzanne and I am from Baltimore, MD. I have read both the other Blossom Street books and could not wait to get this one. I started reading it yesterday! I am the mother of 3 and grandmother of a 14 month old. I started knitting in the spring and have become addicted!
Frequent Contributor
johanna49
0 Kudos

I am an elementary school librarian from NJ. I have read all of The Blossom Street books. I have enjoyed them so much. Last year I read Susannah's Garden. Debbie MacComber was I think on the June or July 2006 book discussion. I enjoyed it so much I am back again.
Contributor
rjmwalters
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:

Reply to this message to introduce yourself to the group. And let us know which of Debbie Macomber's other books have you read, as well as what interests you about this new one!

Hello, My name is Julia. I am currently reading Back On Blossom Street. I was so excited and thrilled when I saw the book that I snatched it up right away. I've read the first two books and loved them. I learned to knit about two years ago (after I retired from the Federal Government) and that is what made me buy The Shop On Blosson Street. I love the warm, cozy feeling these books give me. This is my first B&N book club and I'm curious to see how it works.
Contributor
sarah_beth
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Sarah. I started reading Debbie Macomber books a month or so ago with some friends in my area. We started with The Shop On Blossom Street and are working our way each month through another book in that series. The books have so captivated us, that we have all taken up knitting along with it. I can't believe I have put off learning this for so long, seeing as how I crochet. What a wonderful series.
Sarah Beth
New User
ellaminnowpea
0 Kudos

I have never taken part in a book club before. I have read the other 2 Blossom Street books and since I own a tiny yarn shop on the Washington coast, it has been fun reading them. When A Good Yarn came out, we were offering our first socks on 2 circular needles class so a few of us were reading that at the same time. I look forward to following along and have just started reading the book myself.
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

It's great to see so many fans of Debbie Macomber's work. I can tell already that this is going to be a terrific group.

I see that some of you are new to the groups- please don't be shy - ask any questions you have, and I or one of the helpful members who has been here a while will jump in and help you out.
Stephanie
New User
patti322
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone! My name is Patti and I am from Holland,Michigan. I was so excited to get the email informing me of this book club. Debbie is my favorite author. I have read all of the Cedar Cove Series,Susannah's Garden,Christmas Letters and the other two Blossom Street books and of course I am reading BOBS right now. I am anxiously awaiting the seventh Cedar Cove book. I knit and crochet so I enjoy that added bonus that Debbie gives us along with her books. I hope to someday meet Debbie. Her person shines through in her work I think. Debbie offers alot of different personalities and moral life lessons in her books. We can learn much from her. I am still reading BOBS and this is my first discussion group but I am so looking forward to it.
New User
Countrylady09
0 Kudos

Hi! My names is Joyce and I believe I have read all of Debbie's books. My only complaint is that I wish she could write faster! I am out of anything to read now, any suggestions. I read the new Blossom Street book in one day.
Users Online
Currently online: 17 members 717 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: