Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Reenie5
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hi there everyone,

My name is Maureen and I live in New Hampshire. I am a huge Debbie Macomber fan, and have read just about everything she has written. I think...if I remember correctly.....Shirley,Goodness and Mercy hooked me years ago and that was it....Since then, I have had the pleasure of introducing Debbie's work to my MIL, my husband's aunt and my brother's wife....all of whom are now huge fans of hers too. Much to my happiness, I haven't been disappointed yet and neither have they! I am thrilled to be back for my second B&N Book Club Discussion with Debbie and all of you. I absolutely loved Back On Blossom Street as much as any of the other books Debbie has writeen and I look forward to joining in the discussion about it. And I am sooooooo ready to visit Cedar Cove again, aren't you? :smileyhappy: We are expecting baby # 6 in about 10 weeks and I can't wait to enjoy more of Debbie's work during those wee hours of the night when I am up with our little girl, baby Gianna Isabella. Our baby in my arms and one of Debbie's books on my nightstand...I couldn't ask for a happier time in life, that's for sure! Glad to "see" you all again!

Maureen
Frequent Contributor
Redcatlady
0 Kudos

I'm Melissa (post name Redcatlady), and I've been in B&N discussion groups for A Good Yarn and Susannah's Garden. Was very disappointed we didn't do Christmas Letters last year. Have lots of questions for Debbie this time.

Melissa/Redcatlady
New User
dolly
0 Kudos

Hi, my nickname is Dolly and I am from Houston, TX. I am retired from NASA. My daughter who is a teacher and lives in California sent me two books by Debbie Macomber last year. They were A Good Yarn and The Shop On Blossom Street. I am now hooked! She is a new author for me and I really enjoyed both books! I now have a library of Debbie's books. I am currently reading Morning Comes Softly. Susannah's Garden is next. I am so glad to hear of her new one, Back on Blossom Street. Can't wait to read it!

Dolly
Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Kris,

I'm so pleased you decided to join the B&N bookclub. You're the first person to introduce yourself. Welcome!!! I look forward to getting to know you. Thanks so much for your support.

Debbie

flutteringfly wrote:
My name is Kris and I am from good ol' Minnesota. I have read almost every Macomber book in print. The ladies on Blossom Street are well known to me and I was so excited to hear that a new book was in print that I bought it the day it came out:smileyhappy:
I work in school age care and 29 years young!

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Re: Hello

Dear Liz,

So good to have you on board. Weren't you part of the group last year too? If so, I'm so pleased you're joining me again and if not welcome, welcome, welcome!!!

Debbie

LizzieAnn wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm Liz from Western New York. Hello Debbie!! Hello Steph!!!

I've read many of Debbie's books, particularly this series and the Cedar Cove series. I've recommended them to others and enjoy them myself immensely!

Can't wait to discuss this book with everyone come Monday!

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Kathy,

Welcome back! Can you believe it's been an entire year since SG? I was just in NYC for the big Book Expo event and it was crazy. One highlight for me was meeting Stephanie Pearl McPhee AND Jeffery Deaver. They're both just onderful people.

Debbie

KathyH wrote:
Hi Stephanie!

I spent last Saturday and Sunday reading the Blossom books and loved them. I was in Debbie's Suzanna's Garden group a few months ago.

I live in Orange, California and work in a large church here. I leave for Chautauqua, New York the 20th so my posting after that will be farther apart, but I'm ready to get started!

KathyH

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

dear Maxcat,

Welcome! I am in complete sympathy with the knee replacement as I've got a bum knee myself. I'm sitting in my hotel room in Charlotte as I type this and getting ready to headout for the autographing that you're going to miss. Drat.... I'd enjoy meeting you, but if and when I do you'll have a fabulous new knee.

Debbie

maxcat wrote:
hi group and Debbie. Sorry I will miss you in Charlotte, NC on Monday and Tuesday. I'm in the midst of a few doctor's appts in preparation for a total knee replacement later in June. But for now, I'll be participating. My name is Maxcat and love knitting. I'm glad Debbie took our input from the last book and decided to write another Blossom Street book.

Reader
thread
0 Kudos

HI, My name is Kathy and I have read the other 2 knitting books and the same of the angles books. I am anxious to start back to Blossom st. Lets get going.
Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Kathy,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm so pleased you've joined the bookclub. We're going to have a good time and I hope we have the opportunity to get to know each other better.

Debbie

Ktrink wrote:
Hi All,
I am Kathy from Pittsburgh Pa. I have been reading Debbie's book for about a year now. Started with the Blossom Street books and have read numerous others since. I am now almost done with the first Ceder Cove and have the next waiting in the wings.....lol. I am a beginner knitter. I am a stay at home mom of three children ages 7-9-11. I loved meeting Debbie this past May at a book signing. Made me love her all the more. What a truly lovely lady!! Take care and happy reading...Kathy

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Debbie, I think I can make it down to the session at Park Road Books tomorrow. See you then!
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
New User
LoisW
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am a bibliophile living in the Buffalo, NY area. While I generally read mysteries and political or suspense thrillers, I picked up "A Good Yarn" when visiting my sister at Christmas - and soon was working my way through the Cedar Cove series.

I work in the telecommunications industry. In addition to my frequent visits to B&N, I am becoming addicted to yarn stores. This past fall I started knitting Prayer Shawls for our United Methodist Women's group. So far I have a 6 to 4 record - I've finished 6 shawls and have 4 in the works.

I look forward to chatting with all of you - this is my first B&N Book CLub venture.

Sorry I can't write more, I have to get home to start reading "Back on Blossom Street."

IN fellowship,

LoisW
New User
cowyboysfan
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
My name is April. I am from Columbus,Ohio. I started reading her books one day I was walking around the book store and Thursday's at Eight caught my eye. After reading that book I went back to see what other books were there and I picked up A Good Yarn which I fell in love with then moved on to the Shop on Blossom Street and the to the Cedar Cove Series. I am currently on my third book in the series and have just started Back on Blossom Street. I think I fell in love with the books because I used to live in Seattle-Tacoma area and it is neat to read of things you've seen and places you have been. Since reading these books I have became interested in knitting even though I know nothing of sewing ,knitting,crocheting. I will find a class to learn and to de-stress!! I have two beautiful children a 12 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy!!

Message Edited by cowyboysfan on 06-05-200711:27 AM

Message Edited by cowyboysfan on 06-05-200711:28 AM

Contributor
cascadegypsy
0 Kudos

ellaminnowpea wrote:
I have never taken part in a book club before. I have read the other 2 Blossom Street books and since I own a tiny yarn shop on the Washington coast, it has been fun reading them. When A Good Yarn came out, we were offering our first socks on 2 circular needles class so a few of us were reading that at the same time. I look forward to following along and have just started reading the book myself.

Hello,
I'm Leisa, and have been in several other discussions of Debbie's books. I read BOBS in a weekend, and could hardly put it down. Since reading the first book I picked up crocheting, and am working on a blanket for my daughter, after completing one for myself last year. I love the memories that this hobby brings back to me, of my grandmother, who tought me the basics.
Where is your shop located at? My family and I will be in Ocean Shores the first week of July, and I am always looking for new yarn.
Leisa
Contributor
cascadegypsy
0 Kudos

I'm Leisa from Kent,WA. I've been in a couple of other book clubs with Debbie, and loved getting her insight on her books, and why she had the plot twists she did. I have a 17 year old daughter that graduates in a week in a half, and I have recently (in the last year) started crocheting again.
Leisa
Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Hello Kathy and welcome. I'm pleased you decided to join this discussion. I agree--let's get going.

Debbie

thread wrote:
HI, My name is Kathy and I have read the other 2 knitting books and the same of the angles books. I am anxious to start back to Blossom st. Lets get going.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Roberta,

Welcome. I'm pleased you're enjoying the book thus far. I look forward to reading your thoughts and answers to the questions.

Debbie

RobertaP wrote:
Hi

This is the second book for our new 'Friday Night Knit Book Club'. I'm about halfway through this enjoyable book

Roberta in Staunton, VA

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Marty,

Don't worry about this being your 1st book club. We're friendly! I'm pleased you're hear. You logged on at a great time. I hope you enjy the story; I'll look forward to reading your comments.

Debbie

Marty50 wrote:
Hi I am Marty, a new resident of Nevada. My heart and my young adult children are in Tucson. I am newly married and enjoy working at Petsmart visiting with wonderful "parents" of pets. I have not yet read any of Debbie's books and I can see I have a lot of great reading ahead! This is my first discussion group with B&N.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Hello! I appreciate all the support you've given me through the years. Never fear I'm already working on the plot for another knitting book. The 2008 hardcover features Anne Marie from Blossom St. Books and is titled 20 WISHES. The 2009 hard cover will be another knitting class.

Debbie

volleyskcat wrote:
Hi,

I have read many of Debbie Macomber books and love ALL of them. I took up knitting after reading A Good Yarn.. and I am so glad I did. I bought this new one the day it came out and finished it quickly, can't wait for another one...

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Hello Mari, and welcome. Not to worry about the order of the Blossom Street books. While they are connected, it isn't as strong a connection as the Cedar Cove stories. The 2nd book in this series is titled A GOOD YARN (the name of the yarn store) but you don't need to read that before tackling BOBS. I'm pleaswd you decided to join us.

Debbie

birdlady wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm Mari from the Chicago area. I just started reading Debbie Macombers' book, but didn't know they were a series! From the Cedar Cove series I read # 6 first then found out & went out & bought the 1st five books. I've finished #1 & am in the middle of #2 & I just love what easy reads they are. I picked up & read The Shop on Blossom Street (which I loved) but did I read that out of order also?? Thanks for your help.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Amanda,

Welcome! We should be related as reading and knitting (plus God and family) are two of my passions. I'm pleased you've joined us. Hug your husband for me; he sounds like quite the guy.

Debbie

DutchMoeder wrote:
Hello there. My name is Amanda and I'm a 21 year old mom of a 16 month old girl. She keeps me busy but I take any free time I have to read or Knit. My job outside of my daughter is knitting commission and sale pieces and I love it. My husband is wonderfully supportive and feeds my book habit as well as my yarn habit! I've read many of Debbie's free standing books and her blossom street books. Cedar cove is my next series to tackle! I can't wait to finish back on blossom street so I can fully get into these boards!

Amanda Snellink

Users Online
Currently online: 37 members 774 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: