Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hello Suzy, Warning, warning. Beware, beware, knitting can be addictive. It is for me addwd to that is my absoute love of yarn. Few people realize I write simply to support my yarn habit. Thanks for your contribution. I look forward to reading your comments.

Debbie

Suzy-Q0227 wrote:
Hello. My name is Suzanne and I am from Baltimore, MD. I have read both the other Blossom Street books and could not wait to get this one. I started reading it yesterday! I am the mother of 3 and grandmother of a 14 month old. I started knitting in the spring and have become addicted!

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Hello Johanna and welcome back. I hope you enjoy this years discussion as much as last. I'm glad you're here.

Debbie

johanna49 wrote:
I am an elementary school librarian from NJ. I have read all of The Blossom Street books. I have enjoyed them so much. Last year I read Susannah's Garden. Debbie MacComber was I think on the June or July 2006 book discussion. I enjoyed it so much I am back again.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Hello Julia, and welcome. I'm pleased you decided to join us. Isn't retirement great? I wouldn't know but my husband assures me its the best thing since buttered popcorn. I look forward to reading your comments.

Debbie

rjmwalters wrote:

Stephanie wrote:

Reply to this message to introduce yourself to the group. And let us know which of Debbie Macomber's other books have you read, as well as what interests you about this new one!

Hello, My name is Julia. I am currently reading Back On Blossom Street. I was so excited and thrilled when I saw the book that I snatched it up right away. I've read the first two books and loved them. I learned to knit about two years ago (after I retired from the Federal Government) and that is what made me buy The Shop On Blosson Street. I love the warm, cozy feeling these books give me. This is my first B&N book club and I'm curious to see how it works.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Hello Sarah Beth and welcome aboard. I'm so pleased you and your friends are enjoying my books. I offer a free knitting pattern on my website each month so you might want to check that out. But wait . . . there's more (I love saying that) sign up on my guest book and you'll receive a whole slew of gooodies. I'm happy you're here for the B&N bookclub.

Debbie

sarah_beth wrote:
Hi, my name is Sarah. I started reading Debbie Macomber books a month or so ago with some friends in my area. We started with The Shop On Blossom Street and are working our way each month through another book in that series. The books have so captivated us, that we have all taken up knitting along with it. I can't believe I have put off learning this for so long, seeing as how I crochet. What a wonderful series.

Contributor
bren_r
0 Kudos

Hi!

Im Bren from Long Island, NY I was in Debbie's SG group and loved it. I haven't had the time to read everyone's introductions. I wanted to jump in and introduce myself. But I did see some others were in the SG group too. Its going to be fun to talk with you all again.
New User
knitty_coastergirl
0 Kudos

Hey there everyone - My name is Mary and I have been reading Debbie's books for about a year...starting with the Blossom Street series. The funny thing is that my boss gave me the book to read because she knew I crocheted.....well - as I was reading the book and how much family meant and the knitting meant to those in the book, I kept thinking about how my grandmother taught me to knit when I was a little girl - I was in a serious car accident where I lost all my memory, but while I was reading, the memory sorta surfaced.

well - that was the catalyst to drop the hook and go pick up some of grandma's old needles (she had passed about a year before) and get back into knitting. Well - the rest is history - I have been avidly knitting - and reading Debbie's books - I loved Between Friends - the format of the book was so creative and so engaging -

Debbie - thanks for helping surface my memory of my grandmother teaching me to knit and for bringing sticks and yarn back into my days....
New User
Candace1
0 Kudos

Hi
I'm Candy (Candace1) and live in Beaver, PA. I love all the Cedar Cove series, Susanna's Garden and the Blossom Street.My books make their rounds, I share them with my Mom, a girl from work and her Mom. Can't wait for the next Cedar Cove. I started knitting again-small projects-after starting this series. Would have loved to meet you Debbie in Oakmont but my schedule didn't permit. Maybe the next time. I'm the grandmother to 3 girls and 2 boys ranging in age from 4-15. This is my first time in any book club or even chatting on line.
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

I met the most captivating woman last night at her book signing. Debbie Macomber is a very interesting person full of wit and wonderful stories about her writing career. She even talked a bit about the characters in this book. I bought her book for the second time as I will give my first book to my daughter and keep the signed one for myself. I had it personalized : To Maxcat". When I asked her about how she liked the idea of B & N book club, she was thrilled to be doing it and she asked if I was Maxcat. She said that someone told her I was there. It was a thrill to meet her and the autographed books, I will forever keep in my library. Thank you, Debbie; it was a pleasure meeting you!
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

Re: Hello

Yes I was - how great it is that you remembered!

DebbieMacomber wrote:
Dear Liz,

So good to have you on board. Weren't you part of the group last year too? If so, I'm so pleased you're joining me again and if not welcome, welcome, welcome!!!

Debbie

LizzieAnn wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm Liz from Western New York. Hello Debbie!! Hello Steph!!!

I've read many of Debbie's books, particularly this series and the Cedar Cove series. I've recommended them to others and enjoy them myself immensely!

Can't wait to discuss this book with everyone come Monday!

Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
New User
joannm
0 Kudos

Good Morning!
This is the first om-line book club I have be involved with and I am excited to see if I can keep up. I am actually doing this for a class, and do not know if I would have chosen this book myself. However, My mother has been teaching knitting for over 20 years and I can relate to the knitting class.

JoAnn
Contributor
flynn31
0 Kudos

I apologize for not introducing myself prior to blogging in regards to the Book - Back on Blossom Street.
My name is Gloria and after 34 years of not reading much, except for college books when I attend the university,I have began reading again. I read every evening and find it so relaxing.
I just bought the book on Tuesday and I already have a quarter of it read. As a girl I spent many Saturdays with the neighbor lady sipping tea and learning to knit and reading this book is like wrapping myself in a prayer shawl for another moment with an understanding woman and friend in my life. I plan to buy her other books - A Shoppe on Blossom Street and a Good Yarn.
I'm going to make the prayer shawls for friends and sisters as well. I love the idea that knitting patterns are included in her books and on her website.

Gloria
Reader 2
lynnmdd
0 Kudos

Hello,
I'm Lynn from Illinois. I took part in last year's Susannah's Garden and enjoyed. I read Navy Baby first when Harlequin reprinted (I believe) have been a Debbie Fan ever since. Love the realistic characters and writing style ---natural and comfortable. Just bought my copy of Back on Blossom Street so that I could take part in this chat....reading 6 Ranier Drive at present as well. Having joined RWA last year, I have finally finished my first ms. I'm busy with synopsis and query.....Ms. Macomber has been my inspiration. Thanks for being an exceptional role model.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Hello;

I am so glad to be back in Debbie's reading group again. This book was quite awesome!
Sorry I am late checking in. My computer is down but I am at a friend 's now. Hoping to have mine back next week. Hello and happy reading to all!
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

I also wanted to say that I have read most all of Debbie's books. And have been in all of her b&n bookclubs. She is awesome along with all of her books!
And welcome to Stephanie
New User
REMcVey
0 Kudos

I have been a Debbie Macomber fan since I picked up her book "Navy Brat". I read all the Navy series and then found she had started a number series. I bought all those and caught up on happenings in Cedar Cove. I can't wait for her next Cedar Cove book "74 Seaside Drive" scheduled for release in September.
I like the way she reviewed each character in "Back on Blossom Street".
Have a great day and happy reading!
Rozena
New User
BMBstamper
0 Kudos

Hello,
My name is Brandy. I am a stay at home mom to a 4 year old boy named Waylon. I live in Cabot, Arkansas. I had the pleasure of meeting Debbie last month at the LR Barnes & Noble and she was the nicest person. I started reading her books a few years ago when I seen Between Friends and I have read everything I can find of hers since. I am always anticipating new releases. I was reading her blog and found out about this book club so I figured I would come and join since I am a big fan of hers. I have always wanted to learn to crochet but I think I may have to learn to knit also.
Contributor
hocki
0 Kudos

Hello. My name is Traci and I have been reading and sharing Debbie Macomber books for years (though I don't know if I will trust my mom with my signed copy). I was blessed to meet Debbie at the Book Passage Bookstore book signing this morning, and she is as "real" and wonderful in person as she has always seemed in her newsletters and through her characters.

Stephanie: Thank you for your time to moderate this book club; and welcome to Blossom Street -- it is a GREAT place to be.
Club: I look forward to meeting and chatting with you all. I have never been in an online club before, but LOVE Debbie's books.
Debbie: I truly look forward to getting to know you and thank you for the time that you are giving to us. You have inspired me to learn to knit with my "Idiot's Guide to Knitting." (I promise I won't tell them about your Idiot's Guide... :smileysurprised:> )
Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Maxcat,

It was great to meet you too. I've been finishing up the last days of my tour and landed back home this morning. Unpacked, got groceries and am back to my real life at last. I can't wait to dig into this book club. It was a thrill for me to meet you too.

Debbie

maxcat wrote:
I met the most captivating woman last night at her book signing. Debbie Macomber is a very interesting person full of wit and wonderful stories about her writing career. She even talked a bit about the characters in this book. I bought her book for the second time as I will give my first book to my daughter and keep the signed one for myself. I had it personalized : To Maxcat". When I asked her about how she liked the idea of B & N book club, she was thrilled to be doing it and she asked if I was Maxcat. She said that someone told her I was there. It was a thrill to meet her and the autographed books, I will forever keep in my library. Thank you, Debbie; it was a pleasure meeting you!

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear JoAnne,

Welcome to the B&N Bookclub. We're more than pleased to have you with us. You mentioned that your mother has taught knitting for 20 years, but you didn't say if you knit yourself. Either way I'm happyyou're with us and eager to read your insights into the book.

Debbie

joannm wrote:
Good Morning!
This is the first om-line book club I have be involved with and I am excited to see if I can keep up. I am actually doing this for a class, and do not know if I would have chosen this book myself. However, My mother has been teaching knitting for over 20 years and I can relate to the knitting class.

JoAnn

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Ella,

I'm taking a guess at your name since it isn't posted here. First off, welcome! I'm enthralled. You own a yarn store in Washington state? Where? If it's anywhere close to me I'd love to stop by for a visit. Actually I need a 12 Step group because I'm so addicted to yarn. Thanks for stopping by... I look forward to reading your comments.

Debbie

ellaminnowpea wrote:
I have never taken part in a book club before. I have read the other 2 Blossom Street books and since I own a tiny yarn shop on the Washington coast, it has been fun reading them. When A Good Yarn came out, we were offering our first socks on 2 circular needles class so a few of us were reading that at the same time. I look forward to following along and have just started reading the book myself.

Users Online
Currently online: 77 members 1,110 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: