Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

Dear Paiit,

Welcome and thank you for your more than kind words about my books. I hope you enjoy the bookclub and get something positive for the comments. I'm pleased you've decided to join in.

Debbie

patti322 wrote:
Hi Everyone! My name is Patti and I am from Holland,Michigan. I was so excited to get the email informing me of this book club. Debbie is my favorite author. I have read all of the Cedar Cove Series,Susannah's Garden,Christmas Letters and the other two Blossom Street books and of course I am reading BOBS right now. I am anxiously awaiting the seventh Cedar Cove book. I knit and crochet so I enjoy that added bonus that Debbie gives us along with her books. I hope to someday meet Debbie. Her person shines through in her work I think. Debbie offers alot of different personalities and moral life lessons in her books. We can learn much from her. I am still reading BOBS and this is my first discussion group but I am so looking forward to it.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Joyce,

Welcome! Write faster? Surely you're joking! At last count there were around 150 of my titles floating out there in the book world. A complete list is available on my websiter at DebbieMacomber.com. I certainly appreciate all your support through the years. You've kept me in yarn!

Debbie

Countrylady09 wrote:
Hi! My names is Joyce and I believe I have read all of Debbie's books. My only complaint is that I wish she could write faster! I am out of anything to read now, any suggestions. I read the new Blossom Street book in one day.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Maureen,

You're a mother of five, almost 6? And you still manage to find time to reqd. I suspet you're one incredible woman. Congratulations on baby number 6. I'm honored yu would join the discussion group when yu're life must be so full. I look forrward to reading your coimments so settle back, out your feet up and visit as often as you can.

Debbie

Reenie5 wrote:
Hi there everyone,

My name is Maureen and I live in New Hampshire. I am a huge Debbie Macomber fan, and have read just about everything she has written. I think...if I remember correctly.....Shirley,Goodness and Mercy hooked me years ago and that was it....Since then, I have had the pleasure of introducing Debbie's work to my MIL, my husband's aunt and my brother's wife....all of whom are now huge fans of hers too. Much to my happiness, I haven't been disappointed yet and neither have they! I am thrilled to be back for my second B&N Book Club Discussion with Debbie and all of you. I absolutely loved Back On Blossom Street as much as any of the other books Debbie has writeen and I look forward to joining in the discussion about it. And I am sooooooo ready to visit Cedar Cove again, aren't you? :smileyhappy: We are expecting baby # 6 in about 10 weeks and I can't wait to enjoy more of Debbie's work during those wee hours of the night when I am up with our little girl, baby Gianna Isabella. Our baby in my arms and one of Debbie's books on my nightstand...I couldn't ask for a happier time in life, that's for sure! Glad to "see" you all again!

Maureen

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Melissa,

Welcome! I'm so pleased you're back and are full of questions. Ask away! Can't wait to get to them.

Debbie

Redcatlady wrote:
I'm Melissa (post name Redcatlady), and I've been in B&N discussion groups for A Good Yarn and Susannah's Garden. Was very disappointed we didn't do Christmas Letters last year. Have lots of questions for Debbie this time.

Melissa/Redcatlady

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Welcome Kathy,

I agree--let's get digging into the books. I just wanted you to know that I'm pleased that you decided to join us.

Debbie

thread wrote:
HI, My name is Kathy and I have read the other 2 knitting books and the same of the angles books. I am anxious to start back to Blossom st. Lets get going.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Lois,

Welcome! I'm glad you decided to join the group. It's wonderful to have you're imput, especially since you're already part of the prayer shawl ministry. FYI, I'm addicted to yarn stores too.

Debbie

LoisW wrote:
Hi!

I am a bibliophile living in the Buffalo, NY area. While I generally read mysteries and political or suspense thrillers, I picked up "A Good Yarn" when visiting my sister at Christmas - and soon was working my way through the Cedar Cove series.

I work in the telecommunications industry. In addition to my frequent visits to B&N, I am becoming addicted to yarn stores. This past fall I started knitting Prayer Shawls for our United Methodist Women's group. So far I have a 6 to 4 record - I've finished 6 shawls and have 4 in the works.

I look forward to chatting with all of you - this is my first B&N Book CLub venture.

Sorry I can't write more, I have to get home to start reading "Back on Blossom Street."

IN fellowship,

LoisW

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Hello April, and welcome. I'm pleased you're willing to be part of the readers group. As far as I'm concerned all yarn should come with a warning label attached that states that knitting can become addictive so heed my words. Actually you're love it. I'm glad you're on board.

Debbie

cowyboysfan wrote:
My name is April. I am from Columbus,Ohio. I started reading her books one day I was walking around the book store and Thursday's at Eight caught my eye. After reading that book I went back to see what other books were there and I picked up A Good Yarn which I fell in love with then moved on to the Shop on Blossom Street and the to the Cedar Cove Series. I am currently on my third book in the series and have just started Back on Blossom Street. I think I fell in love with the books because I used to live in Seattle-Tacoma area and it is neat to read of things you've seen and places you have been. Since reading these books I have became interested in knitting even though I know nothing of sewing ,knitting,crocheting. I will find a class to learn and to de-stress!! I have two beautiful children a 12 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy!!

Message Edited by cowyboysfan on 06-05-200711:27 AM

Message Edited by cowyboysfan on 06-05-200711:28 AM

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Hello again, Bren. I'm glad you decided to join up with me a second time. I'll look forward to reading your comments.

Debbie

bren_r wrote:
Hi!

Im Bren from Long Island, NY I was in Debbie's SG group and loved it. I haven't had the time to read everyone's introductions. I wanted to jump in and introduce myself. But I did see some others were in the SG group too. Its going to be fun to talk with you all again.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Mary,

what a touching note. You're more than welcome but I feel certain that your grandmother was looking down from heaven on you and urging those memories to the forefront of your mind. I lost my grandma Adler before I had any real memories of her but have been told how she could crochet in her sleep. Literally. She would nap in her rocking chair and continue crocheting as she rocked and slept. Amazing, isn't it. thank you for bringing up the memory of my cousins telling me that.

Debbie

knitty_coastergirl wrote:
Hey there everyone - My name is Mary and I have been reading Debbie's books for about a year...starting with the Blossom Street series. The funny thing is that my boss gave me the book to read because she knew I crocheted.....well - as I was reading the book and how much family meant and the knitting meant to those in the book, I kept thinking about how my grandmother taught me to knit when I was a little girl - I was in a serious car accident where I lost all my memory, but while I was reading, the memory sorta surfaced.

well - that was the catalyst to drop the hook and go pick up some of grandma's old needles (she had passed about a year before) and get back into knitting. Well - the rest is history - I have been avidly knitting - and reading Debbie's books - I loved Between Friends - the format of the book was so creative and so engaging -

Debbie - thanks for helping surface my memory of my grandmother teaching me to knit and for bringing sticks and yarn back into my days....

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Candy,

I'm just back from tour--7 weeks, and for the life of me I can't even remember what state Oakmont is in. That's kind of the way it gets on tour. I'm back home, as of Sunday June 10th, and still can't remember what time zone I'm in. This probably means that I'm going to give it a day or two before I start reading everyone's comments for fear I'll say something totally off base. What's most important is the fact that you're here. Welcome, Candy.

Debbie

Candace1 wrote:
Hi
I'm Candy (Candace1) and live in Beaver, PA. I love all the Cedar Cove series, Susanna's Garden and the Blossom Street.My books make their rounds, I share them with my Mom, a girl from work and her Mom. Can't wait for the next Cedar Cove. I started knitting again-small projects-after starting this series. Would have loved to meet you Debbie in Oakmont but my schedule didn't permit. Maybe the next time. I'm the grandmother to 3 girls and 2 boys ranging in age from 4-15. This is my first time in any book club or even chatting on line.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Hello Gloria and welcome. Not only to the book club but to the world of fiction. I've met several other readers over the last number of weeks while one tour who have recently taken up reading fiction again after a long drought due to either school or their work situation. I hope you're enjoying the book and are encouraged to read even more. Books and yarn are both addictive so take warning.

Debbie

flynn31 wrote:
I apologize for not introducing myself prior to blogging in regards to the Book - Back on Blossom Street.
My name is Gloria and after 34 years of not reading much, except for college books when I attend the university,I have began reading again. I read every evening and find it so relaxing.
I just bought the book on Tuesday and I already have a quarter of it read. As a girl I spent many Saturdays with the neighbor lady sipping tea and learning to knit and reading this book is like wrapping myself in a prayer shawl for another moment with an understanding woman and friend in my life. I plan to buy her other books - A Shoppe on Blossom Street and a Good Yarn.
I'm going to make the prayer shawls for friends and sisters as well. I love the idea that knitting patterns are included in her books and on her website.

Gloria

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Dear Lynn,

Welcome. Lynn, btw, is my middle name! I'm so pleased you're a part of this group and of RWA too. Hold fast to your dream of being a writer. Will you be in Dallas this July? I'm going to skip it this year. After a long tour, I need a break and it's important for me to make time for family. Those grandkids grow up all too fast. I'll be anxious to read your comments, Lynn.

Debbie

lynnmdd wrote:
Hello,
I'm Lynn from Illinois. I took part in last year's Susannah's Garden and enjoyed. I read Navy Baby first when Harlequin reprinted (I believe) have been a Debbie Fan ever since. Love the realistic characters and writing style ---natural and comfortable. Just bought my copy of Back on Blossom Street so that I could take part in this chat....reading 6 Ranier Drive at present as well. Having joined RWA last year, I have finally finished my first ms. I'm busy with synopsis and query.....Ms. Macomber has been my inspiration. Thanks for being an exceptional role model.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Welcome! Computer problems drive me nuts, mostly because I generally don't have a clue on how best to correct it. I had a terrible time while on tour attempting to type on that tiny keyboard. Thankfully I'm home now and everything is working. I'm pleased you're here.

Debbie

kiakar wrote:
Hello;

I am so glad to be back in Debbie's reading group again. This book was quite awesome!
Sorry I am late checking in. My computer is down but I am at a friend 's now. Hoping to have mine back next week. Hello and happy reading to all!

Contributor
mitchie55
0 Kudos

Hello, this is Michele from Michigan.

I recently read an article about Debbie in an old Guidepost..and immediately put on "to read" list that I wanted to read something by her.

Back On Blossom Street seemed to come up several times in the past week, so I decided to pick it up.

But now I wonder if it would be better to pick up the first two books and read them in order.

What do you suggest?
Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Hello Michele,

Welcome. Not to worry, you can read BOBS without having read the other two. Each book stands alone. You'll be able to leap right in there without a problem. I'm pleased you decided to join us.

Debbie

mitchie55 wrote:
Hello, this is Michele from Michigan.

I recently read an article about Debbie in an old Guidepost..and immediately put on "to read" list that I wanted to read something by her.

Back On Blossom Street seemed to come up several times in the past week, so I decided to pick it up.

But now I wonder if it would be better to pick up the first two books and read them in order.

What do you suggest?

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

DebbieMacomber wrote:
Welcome! Computer problems drive me nuts, mostly because I generally don't have a clue on how best to correct it. I had a terrible time while on tour attempting to type on that tiny keyboard. Thankfully I'm home now and everything is working. I'm pleased you're here.

Debbie

kiakar wrote:
Hello;

I am so glad to be back in Debbie's reading group again. This book was quite awesome!
Sorry I am late checking in. My computer is down but I am at a friend 's now. Hoping to have mine back next week. Hello and happy reading to all!

Yes, Debbie, Why can't they just make things that tell you everything about them and things that never ever break! That would be quite the invention! huh?
New User
traceymc68
0 Kudos

Hi, My name is Tracey and I live in Colville, WA (setting for most of "Susannah's Garden, yeah!!!). I had the pleasure of meeting Debbie several years ago through a mutual friend. Thank you again, Debbie for graciously allowing our group to stay with you when we came over to attend the conference in Tacoma! Since then I have read most of your books. It's so hard to pick a favorite, I like them all! It is a toss-up between the Cedar Cove Series, the Blossom Street series, and of course who doesn't love those irrepressible angels!!

You truly have a gift that has been a blessing to many of us! Keep up the good work, and I'm looking forward to the next Cedar Cove installment.
Reader 2
juliana
0 Kudos

Hi. I'm Juliana from Glen Burnie, Maryland. I've been reading Debbie's books for about 15yrs. I picked up Morning Comes Softly and was hooked. The Dakota Series is my favorite. Can't wait to reread it. The characters on Blossom Street and in Cedar Cove are like friends and neighbors. I'm always dying to find out what Alix and Charlotte are up to. Debbie have you ever thought of starting a character in one of these series and finishing their story up in another? The world is a very small place. Congratulations on your newest best seller. WooHoo!!!
yesterday is just a memory ... tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be
Frequent Contributor
homereader
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Janet from Central, Florida. I know I am incredibly late joining in, but I couldn't let this be a "missed opportunity."

I participated in Deb's book discussion of "Susannah's Garden" last year. I see many familiar names from that time.

"Susannah's Garden" was the first book that I read by Deb. In the past year, I have read about 6-8 more. My absolute favorite is "Between Friends," because it is a story about a friendship that spans several decades. I am at a time in my life, when I have several of those friendships, so I could really relate.

I have read the Blossom St. books, and enjoyed them. My mom is the an all-time knitter. She is 83, legally blind, and continues to knit hats and mittens for the homeless people in Boston, dozen by dozen. Knitting is not my passion (OH NO), but I still enjoy the books.

I thought about doing speed reading to catch up, but I don't think that is the way to go with Deb's books. I think they are to be enjoyed and savored, like a cup of tea with a friend. So I may be on my first sip, while the rest of the readers are finishing up, but it is still worth it to me.

Janet

Janet
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Janet,

Great to have you here in the group. I completely agree about savoring and taking your time to enjoy Back on Blossom Street. I have a tendency to read too fast when I'm hungry to know what's going to happen, but then I enjoy going back over those sections I flew through, so I do my share of savoring as well.
Stephanie
Users Online
Currently online: 54 members 756 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: