Reply
Contributor
DutchMoeder
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Knit? Crochet? Show us your work!

I learned how to knit in College over my first winter vacation. My room mate was an avid knitter and I loved to watch her work so I taught myself how with a kit that I bought myself. Since that December 2004 I've knitted dozens of projects! I now sell them in a little etsy shop (but am usually too busy with commissions to stock my shop lol) called A Good Yarn!

Here is a link to many of my knitted items: http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s260/DutchMoeder/Knits/

And my shop!: http://dutchmoeder.etsy.com


Right now I'm working on a number of commissions ranging from a sundress for a five year old to a purse and iPod cover. But don't tell I'm making myself a poncho first lol But I probably have about 7 total projects on needles right now.
Amanda
____
"If more people knitted and crocheted, the world would see fewer wars and a whole lot less road rage."
Contributor
mitchie55
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎06-11-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Knit? Crochet? Show us your work!

I am really getting into the book Back On Blossom Street...but I am not a knitter..at least not yet.

But I love the idea of a prayer shawl...I would like to purchase one for a friend who is fighting cancer...

So if there is anyone out there who would be willing to knit one for me...let me know a price.

Michele
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
Posts: 2,613
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Knit? Crochet? Show us your work!

Amanda,

Beautiful work! I especially love the little pink dress- stunning!
Stephanie
Contributor
DutchMoeder
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Knit? Crochet? Show us your work!



Stephanie wrote:
Amanda,

Beautiful work! I especially love the little pink dress- stunning!




Thank you! That was my very first commission! When I was done I wanted to keep it for when my little one grows up lol
Amanda
____
"If more people knitted and crocheted, the world would see fewer wars and a whole lot less road rage."
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
Posts: 2,613
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Knit? Crochet? Show us your work!

Amanda,

Congratulations on that commission, but I know just what you mean about wanting to keep it- I couldn't have let it go! I only crochet for my family - my daughter loves bags (that nut didn't fall far from the tree!) so I've made a few for her. I like working in cotton (warm woolly items don't really work in Florida) so I made her a white cotton drawstring bag. I cringe every time she carries it to school, expecting it to come home filthy, or worse- not at all.
Stephanie
Author
DebbieMacomber
Posts: 162
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Knit? Crochet? Show us your work!

Amanda,

I am SO impressed. You do incredible work. I love each and every item and feel so pleased ( and more than a little proud) that the name of your little shopp is
A Good Yarn.

Debbie



DutchMoeder wrote:
I learned how to knit in College over my first winter vacation. My room mate was an avid knitter and I loved to watch her work so I taught myself how with a kit that I bought myself. Since that December 2004 I've knitted dozens of projects! I now sell them in a little etsy shop (but am usually too busy with commissions to stock my shop lol) called A Good Yarn!

Here is a link to many of my knitted items: http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s260/DutchMoeder/Knits/

And my shop!: http://dutchmoeder.etsy.com


Right now I'm working on a number of commissions ranging from a sundress for a five year old to a purse and iPod cover. But don't tell I'm making myself a poncho first lol But I probably have about 7 total projects on needles right now.


Contributor
DutchMoeder
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Knit? Crochet? Show us your work!

Wow THANK YOU! I couldn't be more honored by such a compliment from you. I had to share with my husband right away hehe I admire you so much as a writer and a knitter. I really want to get my hand on your pattern books from the novels but for now they sit firmly in position 1 on my Christmas list! lol

Thank you again!




DebbieMacomber wrote:
Amanda,

I am SO impressed. You do incredible work. I love each and every item and feel so pleased ( and more than a little proud) that the name of your little shopp is
A Good Yarn.

Debbie



DutchMoeder wrote:
I learned how to knit in College over my first winter vacation. My room mate was an avid knitter and I loved to watch her work so I taught myself how with a kit that I bought myself. Since that December 2004 I've knitted dozens of projects! I now sell them in a little etsy shop (but am usually too busy with commissions to stock my shop lol) called A Good Yarn!

Here is a link to many of my knitted items: http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s260/DutchMoeder/Knits/

And my shop!: http://dutchmoeder.etsy.com


Right now I'm working on a number of commissions ranging from a sundress for a five year old to a purse and iPod cover. But don't tell I'm making myself a poncho first lol But I probably have about 7 total projects on needles right now.





Amanda
____
"If more people knitted and crocheted, the world would see fewer wars and a whole lot less road rage."
Users Online
Currently online:47 members 443 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: