Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
DutchMoeder
0 Kudos

Knit? Crochet? Show us your work!

I learned how to knit in College over my first winter vacation. My room mate was an avid knitter and I loved to watch her work so I taught myself how with a kit that I bought myself. Since that December 2004 I've knitted dozens of projects! I now sell them in a little etsy shop (but am usually too busy with commissions to stock my shop lol) called A Good Yarn!

Here is a link to many of my knitted items: http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s260/DutchMoeder/Knits/

And my shop!: http://dutchmoeder.etsy.com

Right now I'm working on a number of commissions ranging from a sundress for a five year old to a purse and iPod cover. But don't tell I'm making myself a poncho first lol But I probably have about 7 total projects on needles right now.
Amanda
____
"If more people knitted and crocheted, the world would see fewer wars and a whole lot less road rage."
Contributor
mitchie55
0 Kudos

Re: Knit? Crochet? Show us your work!

I am really getting into the book Back On Blossom Street...but I am not a knitter..at least not yet.

But I love the idea of a prayer shawl...I would like to purchase one for a friend who is fighting cancer...

So if there is anyone out there who would be willing to knit one for me...let me know a price.

Michele
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Amanda,

Beautiful work! I especially love the little pink dress- stunning!
Stephanie
Contributor
DutchMoeder
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:
Amanda,

Beautiful work! I especially love the little pink dress- stunning!

Thank you! That was my very first commission! When I was done I wanted to keep it for when my little one grows up lol
Amanda
____
"If more people knitted and crocheted, the world would see fewer wars and a whole lot less road rage."
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Amanda,

Congratulations on that commission, but I know just what you mean about wanting to keep it- I couldn't have let it go! I only crochet for my family - my daughter loves bags (that nut didn't fall far from the tree!) so I've made a few for her. I like working in cotton (warm woolly items don't really work in Florida) so I made her a white cotton drawstring bag. I cringe every time she carries it to school, expecting it to come home filthy, or worse- not at all.
Stephanie
Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Amanda,

I am SO impressed. You do incredible work. I love each and every item and feel so pleased ( and more than a little proud) that the name of your little shopp is
A Good Yarn.

Debbie

DutchMoeder wrote:
I learned how to knit in College over my first winter vacation. My room mate was an avid knitter and I loved to watch her work so I taught myself how with a kit that I bought myself. Since that December 2004 I've knitted dozens of projects! I now sell them in a little etsy shop (but am usually too busy with commissions to stock my shop lol) called A Good Yarn!

Here is a link to many of my knitted items: http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s260/DutchMoeder/Knits/

Right now I'm working on a number of commissions ranging from a sundress for a five year old to a purse and iPod cover. But don't tell I'm making myself a poncho first lol But I probably have about 7 total projects on needles right now.

Contributor
DutchMoeder
0 Kudos

Wow THANK YOU! I couldn't be more honored by such a compliment from you. I had to share with my husband right away hehe I admire you so much as a writer and a knitter. I really want to get my hand on your pattern books from the novels but for now they sit firmly in position 1 on my Christmas list! lol

Thank you again!

DebbieMacomber wrote:
Amanda,

I am SO impressed. You do incredible work. I love each and every item and feel so pleased ( and more than a little proud) that the name of your little shopp is
A Good Yarn.

Debbie

DutchMoeder wrote:

Amanda
____
Users Online
Currently online: 12 members 785 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: