Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Novashannon
0 Kudos

Re: Middle Chapters: Alix's Wedding

I think Alix should have just stopped the overdoing to begin with. I also think wshe should have compromised a bit. there isa middle road between being a rug and being Bridezilla. Weddings are not just for the bride, they are for family as well. In fact, the purpose of a wedding is to pledge your selves before friends and family. While Alix should have been more assertive and run the show, she should have allowwed the parents some things, too. I was disappointed that the resolution was to have everything exaclty her way.
New User
Novashannon
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:
Twink,You were so funny " Dog and Pony show" Hehehe. Yes, that is what all those fancey preparations were all about ! To show the dog! And not really caring about Alix's feelings.

I disagree about them not caring about Alix's feelings. She simply did not stick up for herself. IN the end, Alix became as bad as they were, becauxe she did the Bridezilla thing and did not compromise at all.
New User
Novashannon
0 Kudos

While I think Jordan should have been more supportive (way more!), it was not up to him to defend Alix when she is capable of defending herself.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Novashannon wrote:

kiakar wrote:
Twink,You were so funny " Dog and Pony show" Hehehe. Yes, that is what all those fancey preparations were all about ! To show the dog! And not really caring about Alix's feelings.

I disagree about them not caring about Alix's feelings. She simply did not stick up for herself. IN the end, Alix became as bad as they were, becauxe she did the Bridezilla thing and did not compromise at all.

I know we disagree, but it was Alix's wedding and why should parents just take it amongst their selves to do everything and not askng the bride. The bride should be brizella, its her day! Jut my opinion.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Novashannon wrote:
While I think Jordan should have been more supportive (way more!), it was not up to him to defend Alix when she is capable of defending herself.

It was not up to him to defend her? Come on, isn't a husband suppose to protect his bridee and stand up for her? Again, we disagree, but thats ok. We both just have different opinions. I bet we are entirely different ages. I am 64 so maybe that is why I feel JOrdon should have stuck by Alix with anything she wished. ANd Alix didnot want to appear to be disrespectful by always saying she didnt want this and that. They (Parents) should have asked her not just do all that stuff.
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Linda,

I think you're right- your opposing views sound like they could be generational. I think there's merit to both though, in that Alix could have stood up for herself, the people giving her the wedding could have been a whole lot less pushy, Jordan should have been more sensitive to what Alix was dealing with and been a partner instead of just expecting the women to deal with the wedding... and still, at different times in our lives, we wish for different things. I'm not sure if my feelings about letting those ladies throw me the soiree of the century and my resting on my laurels would have been my attitude when I was getting married, but it sure is today! :smileyhappy:
Stephanie
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:
Linda,

I think you're right- your opposing views sound like they could be generational. I think there's merit to both though, in that Alix could have stood up for herself, the people giving her the wedding could have been a whole lot less pushy, Jordan should have been more sensitive to what Alix was dealing with and been a partner instead of just expecting the women to deal with the wedding... and still, at different times in our lives, we wish for different things. I'm not sure if my feelings about letting those ladies throw me the soiree of the century and my resting on my laurels would have been my attitude when I was getting married, but it sure is today! :smileyhappy:

Thanks Stephanie you say it well.
Users Online
Currently online: 45 members 1,311 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: