Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

More Great Books from Debbie Macomber

[ Edited ]

Book Cover Image: Title: Morning Comes Softly, Author: Debbie Macomber Buy It Morning Comes Softly
Travis Thompson, the guardian of three orphaned children, is determined to do whatever it takes to keep the kids out of foster homes. Before he knows it, he has taken out an ad in the personals, and agreed to marry a mysterious Southern woman sight unseen. Mary Warner, the shy Louisiana librarian who answers his call, has a gut feeling that this may be her last chance at happiness. With a little faith, a little trust, and a lot of love, two lonely hearts might just discover the true meaning of miracles.

Book Cover Image: Title: Susannah's Garden, Author: Debbie Macomber Buy It Susannah's Garden
At age 50, Susannah returns to her home town. Long married, a mother and a teacher, she's balancing a sense of emptiness with the demands of an aging mother and a temperamental twenty-year-old daughter. In returning to her girlhood friends and the garden she's always loved, she also returns to the past, and to the choices she made back then. What she discovers is that things are not always as they once seemed.

Book Cover Image: Title: 50 Harbor Street, Author: Debbie Macomber Buy It 50 Harbor Street
The fifth book in the Cedar Cove series, Corrie McAfee narrates the storry of the mysterious, unsettling anonymous postcards delivered to her and her P.I. husband, Roy. In addition to answering the question posed by the postcards ("Is there anything you've done you wish you could do over?"), Macomber picks up the story lines and characters from previous books, including Olivia and Jack Griffin, Justine and Seth Gundersen, and the return of the McAfee daughter, Linnette.

Book Cover Image: Title: A Good Yarn, Author: Debbie Macomber Buy It A Good Yarn
In the year since it opened, A Good Yarn has thrived, and so has owner Lydia Hoffman. She has a great business and a happy love life with Brad until his ex-wife returns. Lydia establishes a knitting class and bonds with four women, brought together by the craft of knitting, who find companionship and comfort in each other. Who would've thought that knitting socks could change your life?

Book Cover Image: Title: 44 Cranberry Point, Author: Debbie Macomber Buy It 44 Cranberry Point
In the fourth book in the Cedar Cove series, Peggy and Bob Beldon, owners of the Thyme & Tide B&B, are still recovering from the shock of discovering Bob's war buddy, Max Russell, murdered in one of their rooms. Almost everyone from Macomber's previous books makes an appearance in this one, each with his or her own bit of drama. This installment ties up the Beldons' story with a satisfying and surprising ending.

Book Cover Image: Title: The Shop On Blossom Street, Author: Debbie Macomber Buy It The Shop On Blossom Street
At A Good Yarn, women are brought together by an age-old craft. For owner Lydia Hoffman, the shop represents her dream of beginning a new life, free from the cancer that has ravaged her twice. She, along with four other very different women, are brought together by an age-old craft, to make unexpected discoveries about themselves and each other.

Message Edited by LitEditor on 06-06-2007 01:58 PM
New User
suzilightning
0 Kudos

Re: More Great Books from Debbie Macomber

despite all the titles listed I still think the best book Debbie Macomber has ever written was Navy Baby. A fair and honest depicition of a military family with a member on deployment and it showed the development of a relationship after a very rocky start - to say the least. This is the book I go back to and reread at least once a year and I have two copies - one to read and one to lend
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

I love all the Cedar Cove novels too. They are so warm and inviting just like Blossom street novels.
New User
Marty50
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Back on Blossom Street is the first book I have read by Debbie. I loved it as it was so different from the crime dramas I have been drawn to for a while. I will definitely look for Navy Baby at suzilightning's suggestion. Is Susannah's Garden about the same Susannah in the present book?

Message Edited by Marty50 on 06-08-2007 12:13 PM
New User
suzilightning
0 Kudos

yes, the susannah you meet in Back on Blossom Street is first introduced in Susannah's Garden.
Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Thank you for those kind words. Navy Baby is one of my personal favorites too although I wrote it years and years ago.

Debbie

suzilightning wrote:
despite all the titles listed I still think the best book Debbie Macomber has ever written was Navy Baby. A fair and honest depicition of a military family with a member on deployment and it showed the development of a relationship after a very rocky start - to say the least. This is the book I go back to and reread at least once a year and I have two copies - one to read and one to lend

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Marty,

Yes, it is.

Debbie

Marty50 wrote:
Back on Blossom Street is the first book I have read by Debbie. I loved it as it was so different from the crime dramas I have been drawn to for a while. I will definitely look for Navy Baby at suzilightning's suggestion. Is Susannah's Garden about the same Susannah in the present book?

New User
RynMattsMom
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I'm currently in the middle of Back on Blossom Street - I read The Shop on Blossom Street but not A Good Yarn (I'll go back & read that one - sometimes it is nice to do them out of order a bit - it's kind of like a literary flashback) & I am really enjoying it. I love the Cedar Cover series as well- a group of us passed them around the office & we all devoured them one by one. I just ordered some of the older Christmas books that we will read in the fall & after reading this thread I am going to get the Navy series.

I have to say that Susannah's Garden was my favorite- Debbie- will there be a sequel? Please, please, please?

:smileyhappy: Linda
New User
fzheng
0 Kudos

good
Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Linda,

First off thank you for your kind words and while there won't be a sequel so-to-speak for Susannah's Garden. Susannah will now be part of the Blossom Street gang and make regular appearances in the follow-up books.

Debbie

RynMattsMom wrote:
Hi all!

I'm currently in the middle of Back on Blossom Street - I read The Shop on Blossom Street but not A Good Yarn (I'll go back & read that one - sometimes it is nice to do them out of order a bit - it's kind of like a literary flashback) & I am really enjoying it. I love the Cedar Cover series as well- a group of us passed them around the office & we all devoured them one by one. I just ordered some of the older Christmas books that we will read in the fall & after reading this thread I am going to get the Navy series.

I have to say that Susannah's Garden was my favorite- Debbie- will there be a sequel? Please, please, please?

:smileyhappy: Linda

Frequent Contributor
homereader
0 Kudos

In the list of more great books from Debbie Macomber, I have to include, "Between Friends." It was just my all time favorite. I thoroughly enjoyed the references to growing up in the 50's and 60's, as that is when I was growing up. I also loved following the relationship of the two main characters over a period of decades.
It is hard to believe that I now have several of those 30-40 yr friends. In each case our lives diverged greatly, but I can pick up with anyone of them as if there has been no gap in time. There is such comfort in having friends and family members who have known you through all of life's adventures. It is a treasure that is well conveyed in "Between Friends."

Janet from Central FL....one of Debbie's newer fans (1 yr, starting with Susannah's Garden and skipping around ever since)
Contributor
DutchMoeder
0 Kudos

homereader wrote:
In the list of more great books from Debbie Macomber, I have to include, "Between Friends." It was just my all time favorite. I thoroughly enjoyed the references to growing up in the 50's and 60's, as that is when I was growing up. I also loved following the relationship of the two main characters over a period of decades.
It is hard to believe that I now have several of those 30-40 yr friends. In each case our lives diverged greatly, but I can pick up with anyone of them as if there has been no gap in time. There is such comfort in having friends and family members who have known you through all of life's adventures. It is a treasure that is well conveyed in "Between Friends."

Janet from Central FL....one of Debbie's newer fans (1 yr, starting with Susannah's Garden and skipping around ever since)

I Agree! I too loved this story and found a number of similarities in letters that could have been written between my friends and I.
Amanda
____
"If more people knitted and crocheted, the world would see fewer wars and a whole lot less road rage."
Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Hi, Marty,

Yup, this is the same Susannah as in BOBS. However you might not recognize her right away she's going through something of a personal crisis and so is her mother. I hope you enjoy6 both books. Navy Baby was written during the first Gulf War so it's several years old now--still good and definitely a lot more . . . er . . . sexy.

Debbie

Marty50 wrote:

Users Online
Currently online: 37 members 290 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: