Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Re: Questions for Debbie Macomber

Dear Flynn,

Let me tackle your questins one by one.

First off, I don't remember how long it took to write BOBS. Each book takes as long as it takes. As I recall this one went rather smoothly although I did a fairly extensive revision. (I work with a wonderful editor who has an excellent eye for story.)

2. The book is entirely a figment of my creative imagination. My parents were burlarized but never robbed and that's the most serious crime any family of mine has experienced. Collette's storyhelps lead into the next book for 2008 titled 20 WISHES and the relationship between Margaret and Lydia is an ongoing one from book to book . . . which leads to your next question. I hope that reading them out of sequence doesn't rob you of any pleasure. Please let me know if it does because I wrote each book to stand completely alone.

Debbie

flynn31 wrote:
How long did it take you to write Back To Blossom Street? How much of the book is fact and fiction in regards to your own life? Did you actually adopt and if so how did it go and was it a boy or girl?
I completed the prayer shawl pattern in the front of the book and gave it to a woman I've known for 20 some years who is also a cancer survivor. She almost cried as she draped in over her shoulders.I told her I decided to give it to her because, unlike some other people I could have given it to,I knew she would share it's gift of healing with others.She attends a cancer survivor group once a month and also does spiritual healings for many, many others.
I plan to buy A Shoppe on Blossom Street and a Good Yarn, but I'm wondering if I goofed to buy the last of the series first? Will reading them out of sequence mess up the joy of reading them?

Frequent Contributor
johanna49
0 Kudos

I do needlecrafts liking sewing, embroidery, quilting. I enjoy it so much. When I had cancer my family, friends, crafts, reading and watching Gilmore Girls got me through it.Plus I had many beautiful presents to give that year for Christmas for my family and friends. Also I made beautiful things for myself and our home.
Frequent Contributor
johanna49
0 Kudos

Hello Debbie,
This is a compliment rather than a question. Last year I also enjoyed the Barnes
and Noble book club of Susannah's Garden. Last you recommeneded the books by Emilie Richards. a friend of yours. I read the three books in her quilt series. I loved them.
Thank you for being so generous.
Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

Johanna,

You're so welcome. Emilie is a good friend and very talented.

Debbie

johanna49 wrote:
Hello Debbie,
This is a compliment rather than a question. Last year I also enjoyed the Barnes
and Noble book club of Susannah's Garden. Last you recommeneded the books by Emilie Richards. a friend of yours. I read the three books in her quilt series. I loved them.
Thank you for being so generous.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

I don't have a question for Debbie; I just wanted to say this was a marvelous book and keep writing about the series. We love reading about the different characters and their individual situations.
maxcat
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

No problem, Maxcat, these characters have become near and dear to my heart as well. I think about them almost with the same devotion I do my own children.

Debbie

maxcat wrote:
I don't have a question for Debbie; I just wanted to say this was a marvelous book and keep writing about the series. We love reading about the different characters and their individual situations.
maxcat

Author
DebbieMacomber
0 Kudos

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Debbie

mitchie55 wrote:
I posted that comment about time this morning and then these quotes came online this afternoon....

"It is not time which needs to be managed; it is ourselves." -- Gillian Butler, PhD and Tony Hope M.D.

Time only seems to matter when it's running out." -- Peter Strup

So..if I fit in time to read and do this online book club..I probably can manage myself and find time to get back into crafts.

Reader 2
lynnmdd
0 Kudos

Dear Debbie,
Yes, I read Susannah's Garden and loved it. It too has a great deal of depth. Being at the beginning stages of all of this, it is difficult for me to think past the 50000 word target, I guess.

I know this book club is about thru.... and not having this chance every day...wanted to thank you again for the hope your personal story has provided for me....I realize it's only a baby step but... Harlequin sent a response to my query yesterday, asking for the first three chapters.....I am in a frenzy here......Not that long ago I read your story in Guideposts and have been working hard ever since. I know this could mean nothing but it gives me a great deal of motivation to push onward..... Thank you again. Now I really want to get to Chicago in the spring.

Saving pennies in Ill lynn
Users Online
Currently online: 38 members 277 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: