Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Welcome from your Moderator

Hello Everyone,

I'm so pleased to be your moderator for Debbie Macomber's Back on Blossom Street. I've been a fan for many years, but some how the Blossom Street series escaped me, and this is the first I've read. I'm already planning my trip to the local B&N to pick up the first two.

I know you'll all enjoy either revisiting or meeting anew the many wonderful characters in this novel. Some are wildly different from each other, but all are warm personalities, reminiscent of the people we all encounter when we visit our favorite shops in our own towns. The community Debbie has created is palpable and feels just like home.

Happy Reading!
Stephanie
New User
birdlady
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome from your Moderator

Hi Stephanie,
I just joined this group. I've never done anything like this before -- so what do I do? Do I get emails from you or B&N when someone is talking with Debbie? Should I try to make sure I'm around my computer at a certain time each day? Sorry for such "dumb" questions but I don't want to get anybody mad at me.................. Mari (birdlady)
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Mari,

You can have email notifications sent to you (careful how you set that up, you might get inundated with emails!) or you can sign onto the site and click on the group (you can bookmark the group from the "board options" tab at the main page of the group) any time you want to. The new messages will display in bold text.

For email notifications you'll see that there are check boxes at the bottom of your "reply" box, below the Submit Post button in the gray area.

Don't worry about asking questions, it's much better to get it figured out early so that you can just read and post messages and have fun!

Hope this helps, let me know if anything I said isn't clear.
Stephanie
Contributor
Reenie5
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie,
It was nice to read your post and it's nice to meet you!....Looking forward to getting off work tomorrow and signing into the discussion! Thanks for offering all of your help and support...I know everyone appreciates it.

Maureen
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Maureen,

Glad you've joined this group, I have a feeling it's going to be a fun month! What a great crowd here already. I'm looking forward to it.

(Maybe you should just take the month off from work so you can hang out here in your jammies and read and talk about books!) :smileywink:
Stephanie
Contributor
bren_r
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie, its nice to meet you. Im Bren from Long Island, I've been in just one other book club. Debbie's SG from last year, and I enjoyed it very much. I've read a number of Debbie's books, and Im totally hooked! I am looking foward to getting to know everyone in the club.
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Hi Bren,

Nice to meet you, too - glad you're here! Debbie's books are like comfort food to me, my only problem is I read them much too fast. :smileyhappy:
Stephanie
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:
Maureen,

Glad you've joined this group, I have a feeling it's going to be a fun month! What a great crowd here already. I'm looking forward to it.

(Maybe you should just take the month off from work so you can hang out here in your jammies and read and talk about books!) :smileywink:

Hi Steph: So glad you are here. You have missed alot, you have to go back and read the first of Blossom Street books. They are really the most delicious read I know of.
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

Terrific to have you here. Debbie did a great job filling in the gaps so that I think I have an idea of the first two books, but that only made me want to read them more!
Stephanie
New User
sgivens161
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie:

This is my first time joining a book club and I'm a little fuzzy on where to post and what to do? My name is also Stephanie and I can go by Steph, in case we get mistaken as online twins :smileyhappy:)). Anyway, I look forward to getting started on this book series. I'll have to start with the first and do my best to catch up.

Steph
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Steph,

You only have to read the whole series if you want to - it's not necessary for this discussion.

As to where and how to post- basically, it's like a bulletin board, people come along, read what's posted, then reply as they choose, whenever they want. It's not a live discussion, so if you're a night owl, you can join in your pajamas with your cup of tea (or whatever :smileyhappy: ) and it will all be here waiting for you when you arrive.

You have such a lovely name! Going by Steph would work, that way you won't be blamed for my thoughts. :smileywink:

And to Everyone: I think it is really so nice to be able to call each other by name instead of a screen nickname- if you like, you can add your name as a signature to your posts without having to type it every time. You'll find the option for that in your profile under Signature.
Stephanie
Contributor
DutchMoeder
0 Kudos

Hey there,

I have a quick question. I know that the threads started all seem to revolve around the book. Could I start a fresh thread for 'Show off what you've knitted?' I just want to make sure that starting a new thread isn't reserved solely for book posts.

Thanks!

Amanda
Amanda
____
"If more people knitted and crocheted, the world would see fewer wars and a whole lot less road rage."
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Amanda,

No, that's a great idea! I would love to see what you all have knitted and I think everyone else would, too. And if I can find it packed away here in Florida, I'll even dig out the sweater that I crocheted for my daughter when she was five.
Stephanie
New User
grannywoman
0 Kudos

birdlady wrote:
Hi Stephanie,
I just joined this group. I've never done anything like this before -- so what do I do? Do I get emails from you or B&N when someone is talking with Debbie? Should I try to make sure I'm around my computer at a certain time each day? Sorry for such "dumb" questions but I don't want to get anybody mad at me.................. Mari (birdlady)

I have a question for Debbie. First off LOVE the Cove Road series. Cant seem to wait until September. Will there be more after this #7 one? Will you write more about the Blossom Street Characters? Will you be in the Atlanta area again this year for the Ficton Romance Writers Symposium (or whatever its called)? I tried to get over there last year to meet you but was sick and I couldnt go.
Reader
LexiV
0 Kudos

Hi,
I'm also new to this genre. Haven't had any updates since my first welcome email from the Moderator. Also would like to know if I should just join in at a particular time or if there's some type of notification when there's an online discussion?

Regards,
LexiV
Users Online
Currently online: 34 members 250 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: