Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Frequent Contributor
Margeit
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: How Nice joke

This is my second time typing this, I don't know what I did the first time and I can't find the thread now. So Viv, I hope you find this. I hope it does not offend anyone!

There were two southern bells visiting on the veranda.

1: My husband bought me a fur coat when we got married.
2: How Nice!
1: My husband bought me this diamond necklace upon the birth of our first child.
2: How Nice!
1: My husband bought me this diamond bracelet upon the birth of our second child.
2: How Nice!
1: What did your husband ever get you?
2: He sent me to finishing school.
1: Finishing school? Whatever for?
2: So I could learn to say How Nice! Instead of F***Y**

That's the jest of it, I might have the gifts all wrong, but you get the idea.
Margret
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
Posts: 323
Registered: ‎04-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: How Nice joke

Hahahaha ... ROFL. I love it! Not that I'm not a lady |) mind you, hehehehe ... after not working a week, I needed a break and come on to the B&N book club, did I laugh when I read it. Thanks for making me smile! I'll remember this joke for all my friends. :smileyhappy:

Margeit wrote:
This is my second time typing this, I don't know what I did the first time and I can't find the thread now. So Viv, I hope you find this. I hope it does not offend anyone!

There were two southern bells visiting on the veranda.

1: My husband bought me a fur coat when we got married.
2: How Nice!
1: My husband bought me this diamond necklace upon the birth of our first child.
2: How Nice!
1: My husband bought me this diamond bracelet upon the birth of our second child.
2: How Nice!
1: What did your husband ever get you?
2: He sent me to finishing school.
1: Finishing school? Whatever for?
2: So I could learn to say How Nice! Instead of F***Y**

That's the jest of it, I might have the gifts all wrong, but you get the idea.

Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: How Nice joke


cindersue wrote:
Hahahaha ... ROFL. I love it! Not that I'm not a lady |) mind you, hehehehe ... after not working a week, I needed a break and come on to the B&N book club, did I laugh when I read it. Thanks for making me smile! I'll remember this joke for all my friends. :smileyhappy:

Margeit wrote:
This is my second time typing this, I don't know what I did the first time and I can't find the thread now. So Viv, I hope you find this. I hope it does not offend anyone!

There were two southern bells visiting on the veranda.

1: My husband bought me a fur coat when we got married.
2: How Nice!
1: My husband bought me this diamond necklace upon the birth of our first child.
2: How Nice!
1: My husband bought me this diamond bracelet upon the birth of our second child.
2: How Nice!
1: What did your husband ever get you?
2: He sent me to finishing school.
1: Finishing school? Whatever for?
2: So I could learn to say How Nice! Instead of F***Y**

That's the jest of it, I might have the gifts all wrong, but you get the idea.




LOL, ok see I knew there was a real joke behind it! too funny, thanks margeit for sharing. Hey, you didnt say the words that are even in some of the books we r reading that you have to step around! Now see, KathyS could have posted that just like you did if she had known it instead of hemhawing around about oh my hmm how to say it. You could have even told the whole joke and on the last line say, so i could learn to say How Nice! instead of...@#$@#%! and we would have known hehe. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like the southern gentile way of saying some not so gentile things directly to people's faces lol. But hey, arent there things like that everywhere? Now we know the regional joke for saying it. :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Wordsmith
kiakar
Posts: 3,435
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKLAHOMA

Yes, it was Cindersue. It was quite horrible. I am anxious to see what the findings of their investigations are.
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
Posts: 323
Registered: ‎04-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKLAHOMA



kiakar wrote:
Yes, it was Cindersue. It was quite horrible. I am anxious to see what the findings of their investigations are.




And we are talking about?????? ROFL Do you mean bridges? like in structures that go over a body of water? ROFL just wondering ... hehehe :smileywink:
Wordsmith
kiakar
Posts: 3,435
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKLAHOMA



cindersue wrote:


kiakar wrote:
Yes, it was Cindersue. It was quite horrible. I am anxious to see what the findings of their investigations are.




And we are talking about?????? ROFL Do you mean bridges? like in structures that go over a body of water? ROFL just wondering ... hehehe :smileywink:






Sorry! I am too dense to make myself clear!!!!! Doesnt that sound good! hehehehe
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
Posts: 323
Registered: ‎04-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKLAHOMA



kiakar wrote:


cindersue wrote:


kiakar wrote:
Yes, it was Cindersue. It was quite horrible. I am anxious to see what the findings of their investigations are.




And we are talking about?????? ROFL Do you mean bridges? like in structures that go over a body of water? ROFL just wondering ... hehehe :smileywink:






Sorry! I am too dense to make myself clear!!!!! Doesnt that sound good! hehehehe




LOL LOL ... you're okay Linda! :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKLAHOMA


cindersue wrote:


kiakar wrote:


cindersue wrote:


kiakar wrote:
Yes, it was Cindersue. It was quite horrible. I am anxious to see what the findings of their investigations are.




And we are talking about?????? ROFL Do you mean bridges? like in structures that go over a body of water? ROFL just wondering ... hehehe :smileywink:






Sorry! I am too dense to make myself clear!!!!! Doesnt that sound good! hehehehe




LOL LOL ... you're okay Linda! :smileywink:


You guys are cracking me up LOLOL. I was wondering what was quite horrible too but after rereading, i got it but at first i was like HUH?? Linda, your cool, no worries lol, but might want to add a little of what you are refering to sometimes :smileywink:. too funny you two lol.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
Posts: 683
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKLAHOMA



vivico1 wrote:

dotfrank wrote:







NO, I love the beauty of the desert, northern AZ and NM, not down around Phoenix, thats really hot and nothing but cactus. But up around Santa Fe, Taos over to Flagstaff and Sedona, I love those areas. :smileywink:



I've only been to Tucson but I loved it!
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 222 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: