Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
Posts: 323
Registered: ‎04-02-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Dot--Greece?


mairwill wrote:
Dot--

Had you been to Greece before? ...





Yep, I have been to Greece before - about 15 years ago. Now that my son, Will is a history major and has a love of all things historic we thought a trip to Greece might be good for him and it was fabulous. So off the 4 of us went and stayed on Mykonos most of the time, side tripping to Delos and other islands to see the rubble. We had a marvy time but my bag is still MIA. When my bag gets here and hopefully that will be today, and I get the charger for my camera i can download and upload some pics. Greece may find its way into a book.




I've been to Greece ... way back in 1980. I loved it. My Aunt lived in Iraklion (sp?), on Crete Island. We spent 3 weeks with her, touring the island and sites. We were there at Easter, their holiest time. We saw a wedding and shared in all the festivities of the holiday. It was a blast! We want to go back and take a Mediterranean cruise this time. :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room/riddle

I have a riddle for you guys, it may not sound like it but in a way, it will relate back to the other conversations in here, ready? OK here it is:

You are driving in a car at a constant speed. On your left side is a 'drop off', (The ground is 18-20 inches below the level you are traveling on), and on your right side is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you. In front of you is a galloping horse, which is the same size as your car and you cannot overtake it. Behind you is a galloping zebra. Both the horse and zebra are also traveling at the same speed as you. What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?

If you really know the answer to this riddle, put it on here but write, spoiler answer on it first lol, lets see what you think :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
mairwill
Posts: 84
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Dot--Greece?

Dot--

Well, your son must have gotten his fill of the "antiquities". Man, after awhile they all started looking the same to us.

And Greece definitely needs to play a role in a future book.

Sorry about your bags. Bummer. Love to see some pics.

Later--

Mair
Wordsmith
kiakar
Posts: 3,435
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room - bowling tournaments



vivico1 wrote:

kiakar wrote:


cindersue wrote:

kiakar wrote:


cindersue wrote:
Host Cities
2012 - Reno
2011 - Syracuse, NY
2010 - El Paso, TX
2009 - Reno
2008 - Detroit
2007 - Charlotte
2006 - Reno
2005 - Tulsa, OK
2004 - Wichita, KS

Viv ... here's the bowling tournaments for the next several years. Hope I can hit them all. :smileywink:




So you are a bowling champion huh? Wow!


LOL :smileyvery-happy: Sounds impressive, doesn't it. But you should see my golf game ... yuk! :smileyindifferent: I started going with the Witchita tournament. I'm asked to go because of my handicap. LOL Me and my partner ... we have fun. Good food, good drinks, good laughs, good travels! :smileywink:





Sounds wonderful!


lets go watch her bowl Kiakar lol :smileywink:

Where did my first post to your schedule go Cindersue saying your going the wrong ways lol, where are the midwest ones that an agoraphobic with vertigo and cant fly can go to lol. hmmm, now watch both pop up lol

Message Edited by vivico1 on 07-09-2007 10:22 PM




ok. viv, can you make Charlotte??? I know, thats unfair since that is real close to me. So which is the nearest to you? Wow! Wouldn't that be fun!
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room - bowling tournaments


kiakar wrote:


vivico1 wrote:

kiakar wrote:


cindersue wrote:

kiakar wrote:


cindersue wrote:
Host Cities
2012 - Reno
2011 - Syracuse, NY
2010 - El Paso, TX
2009 - Reno
2008 - Detroit
2007 - Charlotte
2006 - Reno
2005 - Tulsa, OK
2004 - Wichita, KS

Viv ... here's the bowling tournaments for the next several years. Hope I can hit them all. :smileywink:




So you are a bowling champion huh? Wow!


LOL :smileyvery-happy: Sounds impressive, doesn't it. But you should see my golf game ... yuk! :smileyindifferent: I started going with the Witchita tournament. I'm asked to go because of my handicap. LOL Me and my partner ... we have fun. Good food, good drinks, good laughs, good travels! :smileywink:





Sounds wonderful!


lets go watch her bowl Kiakar lol :smileywink:

Where did my first post to your schedule go Cindersue saying your going the wrong ways lol, where are the midwest ones that an agoraphobic with vertigo and cant fly can go to lol. hmmm, now watch both pop up lol

Message Edited by vivico1 on 07-09-2007 10:22 PM




ok. viv, can you make Charlotte??? I know, thats unfair since that is real close to me. So which is the nearest to you? Wow! Wouldn't that be fun!


Dont know how far it is from here but i KNOW i have no money now. The farthest trip I was able to make in the past 10 years was to Chicago but half of that trip was with my very best friend, so that made it so much easier. I got a great car but cant afford to go anywhere till i can save a lot of money :smileysad: . So I have friends send me little things from places they go that I can not. And one of my favorite things is sand from beaches lol. Just enough to fill a little bottle. I have several of these little craft jugs with cork tops in them with sand from several places. The last was from Seattle. MAN she gave me a pound when these bottles are about the size of hmm ,maybe a small aspirin bottle, or a visine bottle. They are about 2 inches tall. Also people send me other things like an really pretty acorn someone picked up on a walk in scotland and thought of me, a pine cone from Banff, Canada that is really pretty and different than here, a small Eiffel tower that was bought at the park by the Eiffel in France and a guy I know who lives in Rhode Island said they have some nice beaches up that way and is going to send me some sand from there. I am a cheap date huh ROFL. Dont have to pick me up, feed me, or anything, just send me sand ROFL! I really want to take a trip somewhere again but so much goes into it for me, and the money, that I just dont know. I am 20 miles south of OKC, and I cant do more than a two day drive away from home in distance, then a few days or so there and then two back. Its a long drive, two days alone. I still may do a plane one day again and see if my ear puts me on the floor in pain and spins, may be worth the try tho those by me may not think so lol. Oh for the days you never found me home! ok, how do you make a "sigh" face on here, not just the frown lol.

Hey Dot, if you read this, I know you dont have time for such but you describe these wonderful places, how about sending a basically homebound reader of yours, a little plastic bottle of sand from one of those beaches of yours?? Now that would be cool, to have some sand from a beach from the author of this kind of book lol. Oh the things people ask huh LOL. oh well.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

Did you guys see there is a summer book bargain sale section in Barnes and Noble? I happened onto it looking at some of Dot's other books to try. There are hundreds of books and a lot of hardback ones too and a bunch that start at only $2! I may have to take some time to go through them all lol. Oh hey, anyone read anything by a writer named Tina Wainscott?
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
Posts: 1,762
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room/riddle - answer - SPOILER!!


vivico1 wrote:
I have a riddle for you guys, it may not sound like it but in a way, it will relate back to the other conversations in here, ready? OK here it is:

You are driving in a car at a constant speed. On your left side is a 'drop off', (The ground is 18-20 inches below the level you are traveling on), and on your right side is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you. In front of you is a galloping horse, which is the same size as your car and you cannot overtake it. Behind you is a galloping zebra. Both the horse and zebra are also traveling at the same speed as you. What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?

If you really know the answer to this riddle, put it on here but write, spoiler answer on it first lol, lets see what you think :smileywink:




Ooooh, ooooh! (hand raised) I know the answer! I haven't finished reading all of the posts yet so I'm not sure why it relates.

SPOILER!! SPOILER!!




The answer is:









Get off the merry-go-round! :smileyindifferent: :smileyhappy: :smileyvery-happy:
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
Posts: 1,762
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

sand


vivico1 wrote:
So I have friends send me little things from places they go that I can not. And one of my favorite things is sand from beaches lol. Just enough to fill a little bottle. I have several of these little craft jugs with cork tops in them with sand from several places.


Wow, Viv, it sounds like you are on your way to having your own beach! How cool! I've collected sand before too and I did have my own beach. Maybe I'll send you some.
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room/Oklahoma disasters

WOW,this is wild. I live in Oklahoma and as you may know we have been having so much rain we have had flooding all over the state. I live in a little town south of Oklahoma city, just out of town actually on a few acres that thankfully sit up on a rise. So far I have been lucky. Last night it stormed again but didnt get us here bad but then about 5 am, the sky dumped on us bad again! 5 inches at once. The town west of me, Norman has had extensive flooding and the are watching a dam there tonight that is breaking up, and so they are getting people out of that area. The little town to the south of me, the major highway through it is underwater and closed. The little town to the north of me going to Oklahoma called Newcastle, one of the roads where a stream goes under, caved in as the stream became a river and a man drove right off into it in his car. The car is totalled but the man is ok. A driver on I35 had a flat in the rain, a man got out to help him and a third car hit both of them and killed the good samaritan. The third driver tried to get away and a bounty hunter (now you know your in the south lol) was behind him and caught him but dang, those poor people in the first two cars. The town to the east of me,lightening struck their major industry, a peanut place and over 300 million tons of peanuts are burning and they cant stop it. They just now said the town of Guthrie to the north, there is a dam there that they expect to crest at 7am in the morning but will sound the sirens before then to warn people. Dont you think you would be putting things up high right now and also leaving! They just said the little town that I am at, the main water main busted from the pressure and the town is without water. I have my own well water so I am ok. Its just not safe to go anywhere right now tho. I went to Norman earlier today and its one mile of gravel road then one mile of asphalt before you hit a highway from my house and on that asphalt part, I saw a little water running across it but it didnt look right,something was wrong. I stopped and got a better look, and the driveway of a man just a little ways from that had caved in and crumbled from water run off and all his drive came down and hit that asphalt and tore it up all the way across the road! It just looked like an inch of water on top but under that inch,there is no asphalt left! I made it across and back in an hour and am staying in now because with this rain coming tonight, that will be gone and nothing will be under that water but a long pothole that could take you out at the axels. Lightening and high winds have taken down trees and ripped off roofs in some areas. This is nuts!! And here the west is burning up!

I am so blessed to have my little plot of land right where I am, I may have complained about no money to go anywhere with but I know I am blessed and I dont get the Miriam types in this book or the world, the Mellie yes but not the Miriams, heck i even feel out of place in this discussion so far with just talks of mango cocktails and exotic places and in a way i feel like I am at a tea party with a bunch of Miriams. Not that I dont want to have fun in this club, i really do, but it sounds very much like there is a clique in here that have their bookclub set and any seats left are ok, but for observers only. Anyway, got food, got water, got a safe house so far and books, so I really cant complain if i am stuck here for however long.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room/riddle - answer - SPOILER!!


Wrighty wrote:

vivico1 wrote:
I have a riddle for you guys, it may not sound like it but in a way, it will relate back to the other conversations in here, ready? OK here it is:

You are driving in a car at a constant speed. On your left side is a 'drop off', (The ground is 18-20 inches below the level you are traveling on), and on your right side is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you. In front of you is a galloping horse, which is the same size as your car and you cannot overtake it. Behind you is a galloping zebra. Both the horse and zebra are also traveling at the same speed as you. What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?

If you really know the answer to this riddle, put it on here but write, spoiler answer on it first lol, lets see what you think :smileywink:




Ooooh, ooooh! (hand raised) I know the answer! I haven't finished reading all of the posts yet so I'm not sure why it relates.

SPOILER!! SPOILER!!




The answer is:











lets see who else gets it first wrighty lol, good touch, the hand raised! :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: sand


Wrighty wrote:

vivico1 wrote:
So I have friends send me little things from places they go that I can not. And one of my favorite things is sand from beaches lol. Just enough to fill a little bottle. I have several of these little craft jugs with cork tops in them with sand from several places.


Wow, Viv, it sounds like you are on your way to having your own beach! How cool! I've collected sand before too and I did have my own beach. Maybe I'll send you some.



send it on woman! just a little with something saying where its from is all i need. Its called vicarious living LOL! Sometimes our memories have to be gathered by others for you, but if they are good friends, you know you have a piece of something they enjoyed too and are sharing that with you. So, my little bottles still make a good collection for the soul. :smileyhappy:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
Posts: 1,762
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room/riddle


vivico1 wrote:
lets see who else gets it first wrighty lol, good touch, the hand raised! :smileywink:




Okay, okay :smileysad:
I got it right though didn't I? :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room/riddle


Wrighty wrote:

vivico1 wrote:
lets see who else gets it first wrighty lol, good touch, the hand raised! :smileywink:




Okay, okay :smileysad:
I got it right though didn't I? :smileywink:


yes with a couple of more words tho, which will then tie into something in here lol.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
Posts: 1,762
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room/riddle


vivico1 wrote:

Wrighty wrote:
Okay, okay :smileysad:
I got it right though didn't I? :smileywink:


yes with a couple of more words tho, which will then tie into something in here lol.




Hmm... I'll have to think about that one...
Wordsmith
kiakar
Posts: 3,435
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: sand



Wrighty wrote:

vivico1 wrote:
So I have friends send me little things from places they go that I can not. And one of my favorite things is sand from beaches lol. Just enough to fill a little bottle. I have several of these little craft jugs with cork tops in them with sand from several places.


Wow, Viv, it sounds like you are on your way to having your own beach! How cool! I've collected sand before too and I did have my own beach. Maybe I'll send you some.



I know I know:

Get off "The Rollcoaster"! I know WRONG WRONG - I didn't even have to write SPOILER at all!!!!! Sorry this is the wrong post anyway! Hi! Wrighty! Well, Viv and you know what this relates too! ha! lol.
Wordsmith
kiakar
Posts: 3,435
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room/Oklahoma disasters



vivico1 wrote:
WOW,this is wild. I live in Oklahoma and as you may know we have been having so much rain we have had flooding all over the state. I live in a little town south of Oklahoma city, just out of town actually on a few acres that thankfully sit up on a rise. So far I have been lucky. Last night it stormed again but didnt get us here bad but then about 5 am, the sky dumped on us bad again! 5 inches at once. The town west of me, Norman has had extensive flooding and the are watching a dam there tonight that is breaking up, and so they are getting people out of that area. The little town to the south of me, the major highway through it is underwater and closed. The little town to the north of me going to Oklahoma called Newcastle, one of the roads where a stream goes under, caved in as the stream became a river and a man drove right off into it in his car. The car is totalled but the man is ok. A driver on I35 had a flat in the rain, a man got out to help him and a third car hit both of them and killed the good samaritan. The third driver tried to get away and a bounty hunter (now you know your in the south lol) was behind him and caught him but dang, those poor people in the first two cars. The town to the east of me,lightening struck their major industry, a peanut place and over 300 million tons of peanuts are burning and they cant stop it. They just now said the town of Guthrie to the north, there is a dam there that they expect to crest at 7am in the morning but will sound the sirens before then to warn people. Dont you think you would be putting things up high right now and also leaving! They just said the little town that I am at, the main water main busted from the pressure and the town is without water. I have my own well water so I am ok. Its just not safe to go anywhere right now tho. I went to Norman earlier today and its one mile of gravel road then one mile of asphalt before you hit a highway from my house and on that asphalt part, I saw a little water running across it but it didnt look right,something was wrong. I stopped and got a better look, and the driveway of a man just a little ways from that had caved in and crumbled from water run off and all his drive came down and hit that asphalt and tore it up all the way across the road! It just looked like an inch of water on top but under that inch,there is no asphalt left! I made it across and back in an hour and am staying in now because with this rain coming tonight, that will be gone and nothing will be under that water but a long pothole that could take you out at the axels. Lightening and high winds have taken down trees and ripped off roofs in some areas. This is nuts!! And here the west is burning up!

I am so blessed to have my little plot of land right where I am, I may have complained about no money to go anywhere with but I know I am blessed and I dont get the Miriam types in this book or the world, the Mellie yes but not the Miriams, heck i even feel out of place in this discussion so far with just talks of mango cocktails and exotic places and in a way i feel like I am at a tea party with a bunch of Miriams. Not that I dont want to have fun in this club, i really do, but it sounds very much like there is a clique in here that have their bookclub set and any seats left are ok, but for observers only. Anyway, got food, got water, got a safe house so far and books, so I really cant complain if i am stuck here for however long.





As far as the seats go, Viv. I claim mine and make my mark all along the way. And you sure can't dispute I have been around. hehehhe Just mark all the errors you cross into with bright mango colors and you will be heard and then you can mingle amongst the "Catfish".
Author
dotfrank
Posts: 222
Registered: ‎06-13-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room/Oklahoma disasters


vivico1 wrote:
WOW,this is wild. I live in Oklahoma and as you may know we have been having so much rain we have had flooding all over the state. I live in a little town south of Oklahoma city, just out of town actually on a few acres that thankfully sit up on a rise. So far I have been lucky. Last night it stormed again but didnt get us here bad but then about 5 am, the sky dumped on us bad again! 5 inches at once. The town west of me, Norman has had extensive flooding and the are watching a dam there tonight that is breaking up, and so they are getting people out of that area. The little town to the south of me, the major highway through it is underwater and closed. The little town to the north of me going to Oklahoma called Newcastle, one of the roads where a stream goes under, caved in as the stream became a river and a man drove right off into it in his car. The car is totalled but the man is ok. A driver on I35 had a flat in the rain, a man got out to help him and a third car hit both of them and killed the good samaritan. The third driver tried to get away and a bounty hunter (now you know your in the south lol) was behind him and caught him but dang, those poor people in the first two cars. The town to the east of me,lightening struck their major industry, a peanut place and over 300 million tons of peanuts are burning and they cant stop it. They just now said the town of Guthrie to the north, there is a dam there that they expect to crest at 7am in the morning but will sound the sirens before then to warn people. Dont you think you would be putting things up high right now and also leaving! They just said the little town that I am at, the main water main busted from the pressure and the town is without water. I have my own well water so I am ok. Its just not safe to go anywhere right now tho. I went to Norman earlier today and its one mile of gravel road then one mile of asphalt before you hit a highway from my house and on that asphalt part, I saw a little water running across it but it didnt look right,something was wrong. I stopped and got a better look, and the driveway of a man just a little ways from that had caved in and crumbled from water run off and all his drive came down and hit that asphalt and tore it up all the way across the road! It just looked like an inch of water on top but under that inch,there is no asphalt left! I made it across and back in an hour and am staying in now because with this rain coming tonight, that will be gone and nothing will be under that water but a long pothole that could take you out at the axels. Lightening and high winds have taken down trees and ripped off roofs in some areas. This is nuts!! And here the west is burning up!

I am so blessed to have my little plot of land right where I am, I may have complained about no money to go anywhere with but I know I am blessed and I dont get the Miriam types in this book or the world, the Mellie yes but not the Miriams, heck i even feel out of place in this discussion so far with just talks of mango cocktails and exotic places and in a way i feel like I am at a tea party with a bunch of Miriams. Not that I dont want to have fun in this club, i really do, but it sounds very much like there is a clique in here that have their bookclub set and any seats left are ok, but for observers only. Anyway, got food, got water, got a safe house so far and books, so I really cant complain if i am stuck here for however long.




Vivico - The very worst thing that can happen in one of these discussion groups is for someone to feel like an outsider and that the group doesn't need any new members. Yes, we need new thoughts and members like crazy! I have met a few members here at booksignings but we are not all best buddies at all! So please, and this goes for anyone hanging in the background and not participating, pleasae jump in and let's talk about the book. That's why I'm here. This book is about what matters in life. Sounds like you know exactly what matters and have a lot to contribute.

And as to Miriam and her stupid life, I wrote Mango and the high tone life style of Miriam and her friends to provide entertainment and escapism. But there ARE people like Miriam and AGnes and they work my last nerve. STAY DRY!!!! ANd on HIGH GROUND!


Learn more about Bulls Island.

Discover all Dorothea Benton Frank titles.


Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room/riddle - answer - SPOILER!!


Wrighty wrote:

vivico1 wrote:
I have a riddle for you guys, it may not sound like it but in a way, it will relate back to the other conversations in here, ready? OK here it is:

You are driving in a car at a constant speed. On your left side is a 'drop off', (The ground is 18-20 inches below the level you are traveling on), and on your right side is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you. In front of you is a galloping horse, which is the same size as your car and you cannot overtake it. Behind you is a galloping zebra. Both the horse and zebra are also traveling at the same speed as you. What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?

If you really know the answer to this riddle, put it on here but write, spoiler answer on it first lol, lets see what you think :smileywink:




Ooooh, ooooh! (hand raised) I know the answer! I haven't finished reading all of the posts yet so I'm not sure why it relates.

SPOILER!! SPOILER!!




The answer is:









Get off the merry-go-round! :smileyindifferent: :smileyhappy: :smileyvery-happy:


Ok wrighty you are right lol, its a merry go round, but the full answer is...get your DRUNK BUTT off the MERRY GO ROUND!!! lol, see ya got to be drunk if this is really a problem hehe. How does it relate in here, that was just a joke because up till now, more talk has been about drinking than the book story :smileywink:. Not that I wouldnt mind a tropical drink myself but I am not going to have this book but a couple more days, and then I have to pass it on, so i really want to discuss it too, its so much fun and a really good book! But you win lol. What, I dont know, another margarita and you may be having this same problem too hehe.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Scribe
vivico1
Posts: 3,456
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room/Oklahoma disasters

dotfrank wrote:
And as to Miriam and her stupid life, I wrote Mango and the high tone life style of Miriam and her friends to provide entertainment and escapism. But there ARE people like Miriam and AGnes and they work my last nerve. STAY DRY!!!! ANd on HIGH GROUND!
______________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Dot,
Miriam and her friends are quite entertaining, its why I stayed with the book. I may not relate to their lives (or want to lol) but dont get me wrong, they are entertaining. You want to slap some up side the head sometimes lol and if thats all there was to the book, it wouldn't be fun or entertaining but its watching to see what happens to them that is. Something too about Miriam and the way you write her that I didn't know where else to put or if I should now but why not and heres a good place. Her sense of humor, in the beginning doesn't seem to go over very well, she knows it and feels shes not good at it, so do a few others lol, but, what she says in her head that she doesn't say out loud is so humorous! Man I love the way she describes people or situations or herself in situations that if she were to say them all out loud, she would be that funny person Miriam is not. I think she cant now tho, cause even tho hardly anyone finds her humor funny, I think the socialite crowd would find her even more out of place than she feels sometimes if she did say out loud, the things she thinks. Later tho, when she gets a new "nickname" and a new feel for people and things, it begins to come out. But I find her take very funny at times.:smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
Posts: 2,613
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room - Stephanie



KathyS wrote:
Is that a hint, Stephanie? You still want the cake....X the bubbles? It was such a special cake, too, but I'm sure the kids would love to make you another one! I'll just try to pick out the shells this time :smileyvery-happy:
Kathy

Stephanie wrote:
Thanks to all of you! Kathy, I was hoping you'd forget! But I knew you wouldn't. :smileyhappy:

And, by the way, it is (or it was, before 9/11) possible to mail a cake. Or at least, UPS it. I've done it. Dry ice is the key. Sans bubbles.


As to the Mango Margarita Liz, I thank you, and Dot, I'll be looking forward to the next one! Oddly coincidental, I had one at lunch today! T'was lovely.





Kathy,

No - no cake! Please, I have a TON of cake in my house right now, and I'm trying very hard not to eat it. We had some friends in last weekend, one of whom shares my birthday, and my husband, bless his soul, bought us a half sheet cake! Delicious, but good Lord!

So glad to be here tonight, these miserable thunderstorms keep knocking out my power and my Internet.
Stephanie
Users Online
Currently online: 57 members 1,107 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: