Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room - Stephanie

I'm sorry you don't want the cake, but I guess it won't go to *waist*.....[at least yours]the kids and I will just have to eat it.

Glad you're here too!....Fried-frizzy-hair, and all! Thunderstorms can be nasty! Don't blow-up on us!
K.
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Re: Dot--Greece?

My son is leaving for Greece this weekend to go to a wedding. He'll be there for 3 weeks. I'm jealous! Jo
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Re: Dot--Greece?

Jo,

Honestly, I'm a little jealous too. Greece is one of the places I would love to go. Everytime I've read about it in books I've thought - I'm going! Someday.
Stephanie
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

missed posts

Did you ever miss some posts on a thread because you read the first or second new one, answered it and then the thread shows all posts read and you forgot there were more? LOL, I am going back through some of the questions because I did miss some comments that way! :smileysurprised:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Re: missed posts

wow, slow night. Been gone most of the afternoon and evening and I dont see any new posts. Must be a busy friday the 13th night lol.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

I noticed that too Viv. I thought I was going to have a lot of catching up to do by the time I got a chance to check in but there hasn't been that much action. I think everyone has a much busier social life than I do. ( Wouldn't take much. :smileywink: ) Maybe people are checking out the recipes for those tasty drinks!
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:
I noticed that too Viv. I thought I was going to have a lot of catching up to do by the time I got a chance to check in but there hasn't been that much action. I think everyone has a much busier social life than I do. ( Wouldn't take much. :smileywink: ) Maybe people are checking out the recipes for those tasty drinks!

Not me ... went to the Steve Miller Band tonight. THey were awesome! :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

Wrighty wrote:

Not me ... went to the Steve Miller Band tonight. THey were awesome! :smileywink:

yeah wrighty, cindersue has a busy social life and is quite the concert goer too! I had a good night tonight but thats one night in the whole month LOL. I am jealous lol.
Vivian
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

Wrighty wrote:

yeah wrighty, cindersue has a busy social life and is quite the concert goer too! I had a good night tonight but thats one night in the whole month LOL. I am jealous lol.

Wow! That would be so cool! I thought you were going camping? Did you go to a concert too Viv? I'm just sitting here living vicariously through my teenagers.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

Wrighty wrote:

Wow! That would be so cool! I thought you were going camping? Did you go to a concert too Viv? I'm just sitting here living vicariously through my teenagers.

nope, i went out with my long time friend for dinner and a movie. We dont get to see each other much anymore, so we have designated the second friday of every month now as our girls night out together and we take turns deciding what and where. We always have fun.
Vivian
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

Wrighty wrote:

No, I go camping tomorrow night. I hope to get caught up on the book. I'm only in chapter 5! yikes! :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

Wrighty wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

Wrighty wrote:

No, I go camping tomorrow night. I hope to get caught up on the book. I'm only in chapter 5! yikes! :smileywink:

hey cindersue, dont let me spoil the book for you but.....the butler did it!! lol
Vivian
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

hey cindersue, dont let me spoil the book for you but.....the butler did it!! lol

Oh rats, I thought it was blonde!
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

hey, hypothetical question. Was in this movie I saw tonight and also the way Miriam lives in the beginning of the book and as it goes along....when you get old and are on your death bed, if an old friend came to see you whom you hadn't seen in a long long time and asks you, are you happy, has your life been happy? The woman said, sometimes i was. The other said, yes there were times. Neither of them could say, yes I am happy, I have had a happy life. What do you think your answer would be?
Vivian
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:
hey, hypothetical question. Was in this movie I saw tonight and also the way Miriam lives in the beginning of the book and as it goes along....when you get old and are on your death bed, if an old friend came to see you whom you hadn't seen in a long long time and asks you, are you happy, has your life been happy? The woman said, sometimes i was. The other said, yes there were times. Neither of them could say, yes I am happy, I have had a happy life. What do you think your answer would be?

Cindy, it was the blond butler that did it. :smileywink:

Viv, was the movie "The Evening" or something like that? Your description sounds like it. Gesh! What a question you came up with! My answer is most definitely yes. There have been rough times, illnesses, financial drains because of illnesses, family losses - some of the same crisis that other people face, but through it all I've always been happy. I would never trade my life to someone with more money or better health. I have had many blessings and a wonderful family and I'm very grateful.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

Cindy, it was the blond butler that did it. :smileywink:

Viv, was the movie "The Evening" or something like that? Your description sounds like it. Gesh! What a question you came up with! My answer is most definitely yes. There have been rough times, illnesses, financial drains because of illnesses, family losses - some of the same crisis that other people face, but through it all I've always been happy. I would never trade my life to someone with more money or better health. I have had many blessings and a wonderful family and I'm very grateful.

yes, it was Evening. I am glad about your answer.
Vivian
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

You know, there are some nights, that there are some songs, that you should not play but at the same time, you cant shut them off. Know what I mean? And some nights you shouldnt just post meaningless things on a bookclub thread huh lol.
Vivian
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

I was at an acting class with my husband. Jo
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

Hey you three; I will let you know I am not being a snob or do I have a rowdy social life, but my daughter and her two sons have been here from Martinsburg West Va. and I haven't posted much at all. We have been on the go. They will be gone Tuesday so I will be back to the every minute poster then . But do not think I will win the poster contest. ha. Its maybe already won!
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

Wrighty wrote:

Hey you three; I will let you know I am not being a snob or do I have a rowdy social life, but my daughter and her two sons have been here from Martinsburg West Va. and I haven't posted much at all. We have been on the go. They will be gone Tuesday so I will be back to the every minute poster then . But do not think I will win the poster contest. ha. Its maybe already won!

The reason I am posting now, I couldn't sleep because I usually do not use this bed and I am not use to it. But since I have my computer in this room I will post away until I can find my way back to lala land.
Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 287 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: