Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

EARlY CHAPTERS THROUGH 5 FIRST IMPRESSIONS HARRISON

Ok, what do you think about Harrison Ford lol? First Dot, how did you come up with naming him Harrison Ford?? lol What are everyone's initial thoughts on him and his relationship with Miss Josie? And how about Miriam worrying about it but at the same time finding herself maybe becoming just a tad jealous?
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Contributor
Liz1017
0 Kudos

Re: EARlY CHAPTERS THROUGH 5 FIRST IMPRESSIONS HARRISON

vivico1 wrote:
Ok, what do you think about Harrison Ford lol? First Dot, how did you come up with naming him Harrison Ford?? lol What are everyone's initial thoughts on him and his relationship with Miss Josie? And how about Miriam worrying about it but at the same time finding herself maybe becoming just a tad jealous?

I absolutely adored him from the first time I met him! I just knew there was something brewing with the way he looked at Miriam... and that was cinched when he picked out a nickname for her! I have to tell you, though... Because I was seeing him through Miriam's eyes, of course I thought he and Miss Josie were together. They were interested in the same things and he always seemed to be around. Her mother was happier when he was around! How wouldn't that make Miriam a tad jealous?!?!?!?! lol!
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Liz1017 wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

I absolutely adored him from the first time I met him! Her mother was happier when he was around! How wouldn't that make Miriam a tad jealous?!?!?!?! lol!

Liz, check your pm's (private messages) at the top right in the little envelope. :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

I liked Harrison from the beginning but is he a "friend" of Miss Josie or does he have eyes for Miriam? Read on, I say.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

He's called Harrison Ford because I think he's got enough manly appeal for a gaggle of gals. I have this secret fantasy that the real HF's car will break down in my front yard and his cell phone will be dead and then he will have to knock on my door and I will be twenty pounds thinner and he will beg me to run away - after we fix the car of course - and I will say oh! No! No! Because at my age it's more fun to say no than yes but I hope to God a film crew will document it.

Learn more about Bulls Island.

Discover all Dorothea Benton Frank titles.

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:
He's called Harrison Ford because I think he's got enough manly appeal for a gaggle of gals. I have this secret fantasy that the real HF's car will break down in my front yard and his cell phone will be dead and then he will have to knock on my door and I will be twenty pounds thinner and he will beg me to run away - after we fix the car of course - and I will say oh! No! No! Because at my age it's more fun to say no than yes but I hope to God a film crew will document it.

Now if they would come to my door and Not expect me to be one ounce thinner but fall madly for me just as i am, with no makeup even! lol, then I am with ya, except...never get told old to say YES! :smileywink: well if your both available anyway lol.
Vivian
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I love Harrison. And I love his relationship with Miss Josie tho its hard to tell just what it is early on. Miriam runs right into something that is hard for all of us at any age about our parents, that they are people who love too, flirt too, have sex AAHHHH, can tell people off better than we did even younger, and heaven forbid! SMOKE POT!!! lol There are generational things that we just have such a hard time dealing with about our parents. They just arent suppose to be that way and Miriam is ready to run like heck with disgust at it all, more like jealousy of it all hehe. I absolutely love that Miriam could be jealous of her mother's relationship with such a cool guy! Or that he would have a relationship of such tenderness with her mom. Looking around at what Miss Josie's life is like now and missing the things that are there, both the place but the emotions too, I think Miriam really is realising she's tired of the socialite pretenses shes been living. Other than Kevin, she seems to have no real truth based relationships of caring anymore in her life and its good for her to see all this interaction with her mother again and Harrison. I love that he gives her a nickname (and some say in chosing it lol, ya hate when someone nicknames you something aweful and it sticks!). The nickname for me, is a starting place for change for Miriam. She does have a Mellie inside and Harrison knows it from the start, probably because he knows Miss Josie so well. Go Harrison! Now Manny is another matter. I'll put him on another thread lol.

Message Edited by vivico1 on 07-12-2007 04:50 PM
Vivian
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:
I liked Harrison from the beginning but is he a "friend" of Miss Josie or does he have eyes for Miriam? Read on, I say.

Yea, that is the big question! Does he really like her mom or her! Wow! I need to get back to reading.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

FYI, today, Friday the 13th, is Harrison Ford's birthday lol, he's 65!
Vivian
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Yea, that is the big question! Does he really like her mom or her! Wow! I need to get back to reading.

I'm wondering the same thing. He has chemistry with both women but what kind with which one? There are too many mysteries still but he seems like a good guy who is important to Miss Josie.
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:

I can't wait for you to write the book about that! Can I get an autographed copy?
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

Wow! How does time fly! Yeah! At least I am one year younger than him. heheh
But I wouldnt mind being a year older if I had all of his money and fame. ha.
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

My other fantasy is that Mango gets made into film and Harrison Ford plays himself and gets to deliver the line that he's the man not that "wimpy actor." I think that would be a riot.

kiakar wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:
My other fantasy is that Mango gets made into film and Harrison Ford plays himself and gets to deliver the line that he's the man not that "wimpy actor." I think that would be a riot.

kiakar wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

You really think he is whimpy?? Oh! well! Its a big wide world!
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

No! Harrison Ford is hot. Harrison Ford the fictional character was making a joke.

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:
No! Harrison Ford is hot. Harrison Ford the fictional character was making a joke.

Harrison is making another Raiders of the Lost Ark movies, I love those movies! I dont think he can get away with Sean Connery as his dad anymore tho lol, barely could then but that was one of the best of them.
Vivian
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:

Thanks, Dot. I thin k he is hot also!
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

the "real" Harrison Ford

dotfrank wrote:

That would be the best! I love when there are little funny reference to real life or past works by a character. Recently on Boston Legal William Shatner's character made a reference to a dream or something where he was the captain of a ship (reference to his character on the old Star Trek series). It was brief but funny, kind of smart aleck, like me. :smileyhappy: It seems like there are more and more of those comments on shows and movies.
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

Re: the "real" Harrison Ford

Who ever thought WIlliam Shatner could be so funny?

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Shatner

dotfrank wrote:
Who ever thought WIlliam Shatner could be so funny?

I think the first time I saw him act was on the Twilight Zone...serious stuff. ...but I also saw him on a game show, years ago, and he was a real jokester!...so I think he had it in him all the time to be funny! Now all I have to do is look at him, and I can't take him seriously! He really is a gifted actor, to be able to act in both of these capacities.

K.
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 732 guests
Recent logins:
Please welcome our newest community members: