Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

EARlY CHAPTERS THROUGH 5 FIRST IMPRESSIONS LIZ

ok, if everyone has their magaritas or recipes now lol,how about some more about the first of the book? This is still just up to chapter 5 like the others.

What are your first impressions of Liz?
Of the three Miriam interviewed, I thought this young woman was the one she needed and Kevin loved her "their little pole dancer" LOL. She seems a good enough kid but maybe from a hard background but she really is polite and easy going. I cracked up tho, when Miriam and Kevin were listening to the ever increasing speed of the thump,thump thumps of her bed on the floor ROFL! And Miriam so horrified. I think she was more horrified she wasnt getting any herself lol :smileywink: . When it turns out to be Agnes Willis' husband, oy! I couldnt understand tho that he didnt know whose house this was, if they had any parties there with couples when Charles was still there. Just goes to show how superficial all those relationships were. So at this point, do you think Liz knows he's married or not?
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: EARlY CHAPTERS THROUGH 5 FIRST IMPRESSIONS LIZ

vivico1 wrote:
ok, if everyone has their magaritas or recipes now lol,how about some more about the first of the book? This is still just up to chapter 5 like the others.

Of the three Miriam interviewed, I thought this young woman was the one she needed and Kevin loved her "their little pole dancer" LOL. She seems a good enough kid but maybe from a hard background but she really is polite and easy going. I cracked up tho, when Miriam and Kevin were listening to the ever increasing speed of the thump,thump thumps of her bed on the floor ROFL! And Miriam so horrified. I think she was more horrified she wasnt getting any herself lol :smileywink: . When it turns out to be Agnes Willis' husband, oy! I couldnt understand tho that he didnt know whose house this was, if they had any parties there with couples when Charles was still there. Just goes to show how superficial all those relationships were. So at this point, do you think Liz knows he's married or not?

I am sure Liz knows he is married just that he told her, he was treated like he-- and was miserable in the marriage but couldn't leave her because she would take everything he had. Probably all the Mrs. anyway) That is what I have heard from most husband runarounds.
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Liz reminds me of the dumb blond types who don't have brains but get what they want. No offense to any blonds out there! She certainly seems to be active and you wonder if she knows these guys she is "dating" are married!
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:
Liz reminds me of the dumb blond types who don't have brains but get what they want. No offense to any blonds out there! She certainly seems to be active and you wonder if she knows these guys she is "dating" are married!

Miss MaxCat! You have come the closest thus far to the truth. The genesis of the Liz character is the gal who trades on her looks. Not a good idea. BUT, she's also not Einstein and she knows it. AND she is a survivor and knows that kindness will take her far. Her inner child is damaged and she needs to figure out how to navigate the world without being used. It is a tough row to how for her because like a lot of young beautiful women she gets more attention for her looks than for her character and inside Liz is a sweetheart.

Learn more about Bulls Island.

Discover all Dorothea Benton Frank titles.

Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

First impression ... immature, very excitable, young. Look how she screamed in delight when she saw the apt. Made me think she was innocent too. :smileysurprised:

Good observation, Viv ... why didn't Charles know the house? Unless they never visited there.
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

I am sure Liz knows he is married just that he told her, he was treated like he-- and was miserable in the marriage but couldn't leave her because she would take everything he had. Probably all the Mrs. anyway) That is what I have heard from most husband runarounds.

Ha ha, Kiakar! Know alot of "husband runarounds?" I went to a bar with a co-worker when I was in college. She was much older. The bar turned out to be her favorite hangout. Most of the men there that talked to me had taken their wedding bands off. :smileyindifferent: But ... hehehehe ... you could see the suntan line! LOL what a place! :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

First impression ... immature, very excitable, young. Look how she screamed in delight when she saw the apt. Made me think she was innocent too. :smileysurprised:

Good observation, Viv ... why didn't Charles know the house? Unless they never visited there.

Just goes to show how "for show" these socialite friendships are huh.
LOL yeah forgot that scream of delight hehehe, remembered some other sounds of delight tho lol. I can just see Kevin's eyes lighting up with his own delight when she was so gushy over the apartment, you knew like Miriam did, those two were going to plan on it being hers lol. She does seem like a good, lost soul tho huh.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Miss MaxCat! You have come the closest thus far to the truth. The genesis of the Liz character is the gal who trades on her looks. Not a good idea. BUT, she's also not Einstein and she knows it. AND she is a survivor and knows that kindness will take her far. Her inner child is damaged and she needs to figure out how to navigate the world without being used. It is a tough row to how for her because like a lot of young beautiful women she gets more attention for her looks than for her character and inside Liz is a sweetheart.

Hey, LOL, I have my blonde moments! :smileywink: And I have my moments when I know to act blonde. Works quite well in the business world. hehehehe. The question is, is she bleached blonde? I'm natural. She sounds like a bleach blonde to me. ha ha
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

Ha ha, Kiakar! Know alot of "husband runarounds?" I went to a bar with a co-worker when I was in college. She was much older. The bar turned out to be her favorite hangout. Most of the men there that talked to me had taken their wedding bands off. :smileyindifferent: But ... hehehehe ... you could see the suntan line! LOL what a place! :smileywink:

Married men, even the ones who dont fool around, are such flirts lol.
Vivian
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

Oh! yes, Cindersue honey; Have been married to quite a few. Just kidding only two. But I guess that is enought! ha. I got rid of them but so many friends of mine had husbands like that too. It seems to be alot of that going around.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

dotfrank wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Hey, LOL, I have my blonde moments! :smileywink: And I have my moments when I know to act blonde. Works quite well in the business world. hehehehe. The question is, is she bleached blonde? I'm natural. She sounds like a bleach blonde to me. ha ha

Hey cindersue; So there is a difference; I was always a sad dull medium brown haired person. I wanted to show alittle spirit and I became medium blonde and have stayed in that catogory. Even after the grey and white appeared, I am still a blonde. ha.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

yea, you are right about that. God must be up there telling them they are a gift for the world to be a better place and they think he said A gift to women to enjoy. Don't you think?
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

yea, you are right about that. God must be up there telling them they are a gift for the world to be a better place and they think he said A gift to women to enjoy. Don't you think?

I think God created women second so we could give them darn car directions!
Vivian
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

cindersue wrote:

maxcat wrote:

Hey cindersue; So there is a difference; I was always a sad dull medium brown haired person. I wanted to show alittle spirit and I became medium blonde and have stayed in that catogory. Even after the grey and white appeared, I am still a blonde. ha.

medium dark brown hair here with just a little red highlights and want to stay that way till i am old and medium dark brown with red highlights LOL! (dont want to be old and gray) It was a little lighter when i was younger in the west, the humid country here darkened it up some and true blondes cindersue, you are right, are some pretty smart cookies i have found lol but when they have their "blonde moments" they are hysterical! :smileywink:
Vivian
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Yes, there is a difference. See, you're more spirited! :smileywink: Don't fall for the traveling salesman who will give you $100 if you take your clothes off. It doesn't work! :smileyvery-happy: Can't trust anyone when you're blonde. :smileyindifferent:
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

true blondes cindersue, you are right, are some pretty smart cookies i have found lol but when they have their "blonde moments" they are hysterical!

Like today, for me, for instance ... hmmmmm ... I kept hitting the reply button and getting the wrong "quote post." I thought, what the heck, i've only been gone a day. VEry frustrating...threads acting up. hmpf ... did someone move the reply button on me?

I was hitting the bottom button, not the top one. Which, I always thought was in the wrong place in the first place. Oh well, I figured it out ... after several tries. :smileywink:
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:
true blondes cindersue, you are right, are some pretty smart cookies i have found lol but when they have their "blonde moments" they are hysterical!

Like today, for me, for instance ... hmmmmm ... I kept hitting the reply button and getting the wrong "quote post." I thought, what the heck, i've only been gone a day. VEry frustrating...threads acting up. hmpf ... did someone move the reply button on me?

I was hitting the bottom button, not the top one. Which, I always thought was in the wrong place in the first place. Oh well, I figured it out ... after several tries. :smileywink:

Eek! That's a blond moment but so harmless. What if you're a brown haired girl with lots of blond highlights? Does that qualify me to be smart, sexy and have an excuse for my ditzy moments? That sounds good to me! :smileywink: Just joking about the "dumb blond" everyone. Girl power all the way!

FYI - my spellcheck keeps saying that "blonde" is wrong and "blond" is correct. I decided to look it up and the dictionary gave one spelling and definition as:
blond - someone having blonde hair.

Huh?!?
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:

maxcat wrote:

I don't think my first impression of all of these characters is what they are truly like. Some of them seem so shallow at first or to have different motives than what we are first led to believe but I think they are all much deeper than they first appear. (You're pulling us into the story Dot! Great writing!) Liz does seem kind of shallow, young and naive but not bad. She certainly doesn't fit the standards that Miriam thinks are proper. I'm only half way through the book but I think some changes are a comin'.
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Touche, kiakar! I did the same thing. I'm basically mousy brown in hair color myself. But occassionally I'll buy Champagne Blonde. It lightens the brown witout going overboard.!
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Eek! That's a blond moment but so harmless. What if you're a brown haired girl with lots of blond highlights? Does that qualify me to be smart, sexy and have an excuse for my ditzy moments? That sounds good to me! :smileywink: Just joking about the "dumb blond" everyone. Girl power all the way!

FYI - my spellcheck keeps saying that "blonde" is wrong and "blond" is correct. I decided to look it up and the dictionary gave one spelling and definition as:
blond - someone having blonde hair.

Huh?!?

ROFL ... we all should be able to laugh at ourselves. Can be quite entertaining. LOL :smileywink:

I thought blonde was blonde. Unless you're on vacation in Mexico ... than, as I'm affectionally teased by my friends, poco loco blond-eeee. :smileyvery-happy: Hey, I get free drinks! :smileyhappy:

Wrightly, if you're a brown haired girl with lots of blond highlights, you should be smart, sexy and have and have some ditzy moments ... not alot, because you're are brown haired. LOL JK :smileywink:
Users Online
Currently online:46 members 544 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: