Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Re: Etcetera, etcetera

Viv ... sexual experiences- I loved what you wrote in here and am waiting to see if anyone will discuss the beach blanket bingo scene question I asked on the thread about Manny. That was hysterical. As for more, sure go for it,
***** spoiler warning so may want to stop here if your not done with book*****,
I wished you had gone just a bit farther with the one with Harrison. Not like crude further, but a bit more "foreplay" about it lol, yes pun intended, how funny, you and "your hand at it, no pun intended"...

I think the sombrero scene, the pounding and flopping like a rag doll, that described their wild sex scene great! Relatistic in many ways.

Spoiler here ... when Harrison falls and hurts himself, I can relate. Sexual adventures don't always go so smoothly. ROFL :smileywink:
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Re: exercise?

Wrighty wrote:

KathyS wrote:
Dot, stretching and cardio is always a good thing....I try to work it in at least once or twice a day....that's why I keep my liquor in a cabinet above my head....those flabby arms get a nice workout...., lifting and hefting those gallon jugs! Stretching! And then the long reaches into the freezer compartment for ice, that helps too..... never fails to firm the face muscles, and gets the blood circulating..........and as far as my waist area, that just comes with the territory, ....after I drop the ice cubes on the floor! I'm always missing the glass, hitting the rim and watching them bounce cross the kitchen floor....running in place takes care of this situation! Cardio! I'm also a great believer in ecology, I keep my lights off in the kitchen. But inadvertently, I'll miss one of those ice cubes on the floor, and stepping inot one of those cold puddles in my bare feet, it really gives me the urge to dance!.......cardio! I could go on and on, but simply put, exercise is in the eyes of JB...and nice eyes he beholds, too!
Kathy

Now that's a program I could get used to! It also has more benefits than just weight lose. Although if I enjoy the benefits too much I won't remember the program! :smileywink:

Message Edited by Wrighty on 08-02-2007 10:53 PM

Sounds like a good program for me. I was engaged to a fellow who was 6'5". I said I'd never have a double chin, because I always had to look up to him. Is J&B that tall? LOL send him my way please! :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

dotfrank wrote:
THANK GOD y'all get y sense of humor. It's a little bawdy and dry sometimes but here goes the explanations for a few things:

DIRTY WATER DOGS = yes, in NYC, sold by persons of unknown origins, in a watery icky container, not a meat product, filled with so many chemicals you're not right in the head for days if you eat one and they cause instantaneous gastro blastointestinitis. (Not available in my spell check.)

Sexual Experiences - my agent thinks I should write a really hot sex scene in my next book. I do not know that I am capable of this. For some reason I have developed this habit of writing funny sex scenes and funny sex writing is acceptable among my family members. What do y'all think? Should I try my hand at this? (no pun intended.)

Interracial marriage - I am surprised that no one has brought this up. is this because it is a non-issue to my readers or is it too sensitive?

I never heard of "dirty dogs."
I think you should write a hot sex scene. Your sex scenes now are flaming and intriguing, and leads my imagination to a deeper thought. LOL :smileywink:

Interracial ... I must have read right over that. :smileywink: Never bothered me. :smileywink:

Cindersue, Charles fiancee Priscilla was Jamaican. Remember the talks about it, her color and about meeting her folks and about the wedding dinner being part Jamaican? Lots of it in there, but hey see, it didnt bother you either. I think it was the least of the problems to us. MANNY was more a problem LOLOL.
I think she should go for a real sex scene too, a romantic one thats not just a funny one. I think Dot could pull it off in a really "get to you" way, without being vulgar, just hot! She started a good one and backed off lol. Come on Dot, if your still checking the board at all, we are adult women, we can handle a good sex scene so no need to blush and take the funny road instead lol. OH those are great too, dont stop those, but give us one to purrrr about hm? lol :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:
Viv ... sexual experiences- I loved what you wrote in here and am waiting to see if anyone will discuss the beach blanket bingo scene question I asked on the thread about Manny. That was hysterical. As for more, sure go for it,
***** spoiler warning so may want to stop here if your not done with book*****,
I wished you had gone just a bit farther with the one with Harrison. Not like crude further, but a bit more "foreplay" about it lol, yes pun intended, how funny, you and "your hand at it, no pun intended"...

I think the sombrero scene, the pounding and flopping like a rag doll, that described their wild sex scene great! Relatistic in many ways.

Spoiler here ... when Harrison falls and hurts himself, I can relate. Sexual adventures don't always go so smoothly. ROFL :smileywink:

Cindersue, they may not all go smoothly but oh arent they fun lol :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

VIvico1

Cindersue, Charles fiancee Priscilla was Jamaican. Remember the talks about it, her color and about meeting her folks and about the wedding dinner being part Jamaican? Lots of it in there, but hey see, it didnt bother you either. I think it was the least of the problems to us. MANNY was more a problem LOLOL.
I think she should go for a real sex scene too, a romantic one thats not just a funny one. I think Dot could pull it off in a really "get to you" way, without being vulgar, just hot! She started a good one and backed off lol. Come on Dot, if your still checking the board at all, we are adult women, we can handle a good sex scene so no need to blush and take the funny road instead lol. OH those are great too, dont stop those, but give us one to purrrr about hm? lol :smileywink:

I knew Priscialla is Jamaican. And there were comments made about her. Didn't bother me. The "getting together" of families was realistic, and they ended up having a happy ending.
Users Online
Currently online: 73 members 1,148 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: