Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Final Week

Hello all:

Just wanted to say that this is our last week with Dot- this book club ends on Friday, and the August clubs start next Monday.

Please be sure to ask Dot any lingering questions you might have, and bring up any topics you want to discuss before the week is out!
Stephanie
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Re: Final Week

Stephanie wrote:
Hello all:

Just wanted to say that this is our last week with Dot- this book club ends on Friday, and the August clubs start next Monday.

Please be sure to ask Dot any lingering questions you might have, and bring up any topics you want to discuss before the week is out!

LOL, I think all of us,including Dot, thought the last day of the month, tomorrow was the last day of the club and have been wrapping it up with her now! :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

Stephanie wrote:
Hello all:

LOL, I think all of us,including Dot, thought the last day of the month, tomorrow was the last day of the club and have been wrapping it up with her now! :smileywink:

I'm still here! Going to get the NY Times puzzle - anyone out there working that? And y'all? I thought it was over too! Yikes! So calendar driven! I'm happy to stick around as long as Stephanie wants me to!

Learn more about Bulls Island.

Discover all Dorothea Benton Frank titles.

Frequent Contributor
CAT72
0 Kudos

Glad to hear you are going to stick around for a few more days.
UPCOUTRY GIRL...LOWCOUNTRY HEART!!!
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

Stephanie wrote:
Hello all:

I'm still here! Going to get the NY Times puzzle - anyone out there working that? And y'all? I thought it was over too! Yikes! So calendar driven! I'm happy to stick around as long as Stephanie wants me to!

I think its the post and the little blip at the top that says you're here through the month of July that got us Dot. We arent that used to anyone hanging around through the first week of the next month :smileywink: Havent been in one yet where the author did! lol
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:
I think its the post and the little blip at the top that says you're here through the month of July that got us Dot. We arent that used to anyone hanging around through the first week of the next month :smileywink: Havent been in one yet where the author did! lol

Viv's right. So many discussion's are finished before the month is. This one has been so much fun with great participation from all. Dot, you have been great! You have been so informative, friendly and warm. I told you that I was a new fan after reading this book but now it's not just your writing, it's you as well. I'm telling everyone I know too so I hope you have even more new fans. I'm not through with you yet though! (I also wrote a great review for this book and I was very happy to do it!)
Frequent Contributor
KathyH
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Other than reading the book in a day while I was at Chautauqua, NY, I've been spening all my time finding a place to move, packing, and now moving.

I loved the book and look forward to the next book and group.

KathyH
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

Stephanie wrote:
Hello all:

Yea: Viv: What a wonderful time we have had!
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Dot,

Be careful... I might keep you here indefinitely! :smileyhappy:

Basically, the rule of thumb is that we go four weeks (think Mon-Fri) from our start date. This month we started late because of the 4th of July holiday.

Don't get me started on crossword puzzles. They're my passion!
Stephanie
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:
Dot,

Basically, the rule of thumb is that we go four weeks (think Mon-Fri) from our start date. This month we started late because of the 4th of July holiday.

My heart belongs to B&N.com and everybody knows it! So what?

Learn more about Bulls Island.

Discover all Dorothea Benton Frank titles.

Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:

Stephanie wrote:
Dot,

My heart belongs to B&N.com and everybody knows it! So what?

I'm so glad you joined the book club, Dot! You visited with all of us more than any author so far. I love your style of writing ... your sense of humor. YOu made the characters seem "normal." I look forward to reading another one of your books. :smileywink:

I'm terrible at crosswords, how 'bout Sudoko?
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 210 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: