Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: Congrats, Cindersue!

KathyS wrote:
Well done! Does this mean we get the pie recipe? Please, please, please??? I love blueberry pie!

oh!my! Cindersue; Please,Please,Please, this is me your pal, one of them, anyway. Please. write the receipe. Gosh I love blueberries. I beg for them in the summer. This guy my ex knows sells alot in the summer. And I am always after my ex to get some from him. Wow! I bet that is crumpous.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:
Kathy,

I'm sorry, I just can't resist ...

I'm betting you could sub in blueberries, but Cindersue's is a blackberry pie. Your blueberry loving tastebuds are fogging up your glasses! :smileyvery-happy:

Cindersue: Congratulations! That's way cool. I always wanted to enter a cooking/baking contest, but I've never had the nerve.

I'll second Kathy's request, can we have the recipe, or is it a secret, because it's a prize winner?

Shoot; I goofed because KathyS, goofed. But berries are berries. And blackberries are quite delicious. Please please write the receipe anyway!!!! Cindersue please do not sway from writing this cool receipe if you may, I promise to remain pals that stay forever true.Even if you live in a bay send the receipe and I will always be pals anyway. hehehe. I know, I am not quite great at poetry.
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Food Talk/ u go girl

Cindersue. What a great story! I can't believe you hadn't even eaten this pie before you entered the contest. Must have been *written* for you to win! I'll look forward to tasting it, also!
K.

cindersue wrote:
Cindersue that terrific! Congratulations! Does your PT know that you won with her recipe yet? :smileyhappy:

ROFL, yes she does. My last appt. was the following Tuesday. I brought her a blackberry sour cream pie. I said, Natalie, we won! :smileyvery-happy: While I was finishing up, she gave me a slice of the pie, my very first piece! hehehe :smileyvery-happy:

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

Stephanie wrote:
Kathy,

I'm betting you could sub in blueberries, but Cindersue's is a blackberry pie. Your blueberry loving tastebuds are fogging up your glasses! :smileyvery-happy:

Cindersue: Congratulations! That's way cool. I always wanted to enter a cooking/baking contest, but I've never had the nerve.

I'll second Kathy's request, can we have the recipe, or is it a secret, because it's a prize winner?

Shoot; I goofed because KathyS, goofed. But berries are berries. And blackberries are quite delicious. Please please write the receipe anyway!!!! Cindersue please do not sway from writing this cool receipe if you may, I promise to remain pals that stay forever true.Even if you live in a bay send the receipe and I will always be pals anyway. hehehe. I know, I am not quite great at poetry.

Linda, you are so funny lol lol. p.s. and keep your day job rofl. jk :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Linda, you are so funny lol lol. p.s. and keep your day job rofl. jk :smileywink:

Yea! Viv! Glad I don't even have to do that anymore!!! hahaha
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

Stephanie wrote:
Kathy,

Okay ... here's the recipe. I think, Linda, you could substitute blueberry's for the blackberries. Fresh fruit is better, according to my P.T., than frozen. :smileywink:

Blackberry Sour Cream Pie (award winning recipe ... ha ha)

9" unbaked pie shell
1 C sugar
1 C sour cream
3 Tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
4 cups fresh or frozen 16 oz. pkg blackberries (thawed)
1/4 C fine bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine (melted)

Combine the 1 C sugar, sour cream, flour and salt. Place berries in pie shell. spread sour cream mixture on top. Combine bread crumbs and remaining sugar and butter. Sprinkle on top.

Bake 375 degrees for 40-45 mins. or 'til done.

I have some drink recipes, but my tummy hurts tonight, so I'll send those tomorrow. (You'll have to wait for those Kathy S :smileysurprised: )

enjoy your pie! :smileywink:
KathyS
0 Kudos

Pie Crusts? - Cindersue

Thanks so much, Cindersue, for this winning pie recipe. I had a question. Half the greatness to any pie is in the crust recipe. So what is the secret to that part of this recipe, Pillsbury's best? :smileyvery-happy:

9" unbaked pie shell
1 C sugar
1 C sour cream
3 Tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 C fine bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. sugar

Combine the 1 C sugar, sour cream, flour and salt. Place berries in pie shell. spread sour cream mixture on top. Combine bread crumbs and remaining sugar and butter. Sprinkle on top.

Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Re: Pie Crusts? - Cindersue

KathyS wrote:
Thanks so much, Cindersue, for this winning pie recipe. I had a question. Half the greatness to any pie is in the crust recipe. So what is the secret to that part of this recipe, Pillsbury's best? :smileyvery-happy:

Okay, now this is definately going to cost you a donation to the historical society. You ready ......... I cheated! :smileysurprised: I usually make pie crust from scratch with the recipe in the back of Betty Crocker's cookbook, using Crisco. But I didn't have time. So I brought the frozen crusts. Everyone loved my crust! hehehehe :smileywink:
KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Pie Crusts? - Cindersue

This is really getting, too, too funny! I'll have to give you one big donation for all of this info!! It was worth it! Where do I mail the check?

Kathy S.

cindersue wrote:

KathyS wrote:

Okay, now this is definately going to cost you a donation to the historical society. You ready ......... I cheated! :smileysurprised: I usually make pie crust from scratch with the recipe in the back of Betty Crocker's cookbook, using Crisco. But I didn't have time. So I brought the frozen crusts. Everyone loved my crust! hehehehe :smileywink:

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

kiakar wrote:

Stephanie wrote:
Kathy,

Okay ... here's the recipe. I think, Linda, you could substitute blueberry's for the blackberries. Fresh fruit is better, according to my P.T., than frozen. :smileywink:

9" unbaked pie shell
1 C sugar
1 C sour cream
3 Tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 C fine bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. sugar

I have some drink recipes, but my tummy hurts tonight, so I'll send those tomorrow. (You'll have to wait for those Kathy S :smileysurprised: )

enjoy your pie! :smileywink:

Cindersue, I am the one insisted on the receipe! Thanks for it! Send me your address and I will send a contribution to your society. You are so very sweet! As sweet as your receipe. It sounds so darn good! Iam making one as soon as I fin dsome blackberries or blueberries. We still are getting alot of strawberries here.
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

I bet strawberries would be good too. :smileywink:
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Re: Mount Prospect Historical Society

For those of you who were thinking, or may be interested, in the MPHS, here's our website: www.yourcentralschool.org We're trying to save, move and preserve an 1896 one-room schoolhouse. So, my "infamous" pie went towards this move. :smileywink:

Now, I'm under pressure on what to bake for next year. All suggestions are welcomed. :smileywink:
KathyS
0 Kudos

Cindersue, donation will be in the mail...

My first thought was to write a letter to Oprah, as a sort of story behind the scenes sort of thing. Then it dawned on me Oprah would definately have a connection to this project. Being from the area, and being one of the strongest supporters of teachers, and education, that I know of. She would also, I'm sure, love this story of your small, but huge, contribution to this project. Would you like this letter written, of this pie recipe *saga*?....of course, the cat would be out of the bag, sort of speak, concerning the, ahem, way in which one of your ancesters handed it down! :smileywink:. Anyway, I think it's a worthwhile project you're involved in; saving our history, especially where it comes to the history of our education.

Thanks for sharing this with us.
Kathy S.

cindersue wrote:
For those of you who were thinking, or may be interested, in the MPHS, here's our website: www.yourcentralschool.org We're trying to save, move and preserve an 1896 one-room schoolhouse. So, my "infamous" pie went towards this move. :smileywink:

Now, I'm under pressure on what to bake for next year. All suggestions are welcomed. :smileywink:

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

My first thought was to write a letter to Oprah, as a sort of story behind the scenes sort of thing. Then it dawned on me Oprah would definately have a connection to this project. Being from the area, and being one of the strongest supporters of teachers, and education, that I know of. She would also, I'm sure, love this story of your small, but huge, contribution to this project. Would you like this letter written, of this pie recipe *saga*?....of course, the cat would be out of the bag, sort of speak, concerning the, ahem, way in which one of your ancesters handed it down! :smileywink:. Anyway, I think it's a worthwhile project you're involved in; saving our history, especially where it comes to the history of our education.

Kathy S.

cindersue wrote:

It is a worthwhile project and Cindersue is often overworked and under appreciated but she gives her best. She is a special lady working for a special project. They could use all the donations they can get, like most small towns trying to save a piece of history. Historical preservation is important and I think those in here from NC, Charleston, any of that area around there, Sullivan's Island would probably agree. I have seen some wonderful historical places from there on tv. And I love the area where Cindersue works, its a nice town. One day, I will have to get up there and see that place again and hey Cindersue, if I do, will you bake me a pie? lol :smileyhappy:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

Kathy S.

TYVM, any help we can get would be greatly appreciated, KathyS. :smileywink: We wrote to Oprah, but never heard from her. But, she doesn't know about my pie! ROFL :smileyvery-happy: If I go on TV, you must all come with me! :smileywink: And once we get the building move, I vote that we have a book gathering in the old schoolhouse. I'll supply the pie! :smileywink: Maybe Oprah would pay for the airlines to fly us all to Mount Prospect to meet! Awesome!
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

It is a worthwhile project and Cindersue is often overworked and under appreciated but she gives her best. She is a special lady working for a special project. They could use all the donations they can get, like most small towns trying to save a piece of history. Historical preservation is important and I think those in here from NC, Charleston, any of that area around there, Sullivan's Island would probably agree. I have seen some wonderful historical places from there on tv. And I love the area where Cindersue works, its a nice town. One day, I will have to get up there and see that place again and hey Cindersue, if I do, will you bake me a pie? lol :smileyhappy:

Thanks, Viv. I'm lucky to be involved in something I enjoy. MP is a nice town, but the Carolina's have their very special charm! :smileywink: I love the beauty of the south. You know those southern gals can say "go to hell," and us Yankees think they gave us a compliment. :smileywink: Seriously, I love the south, the plantations, the vegetation, the history, the people, there's still so much more to see. Thank you Dot, for bringing the south up north to me. :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

Thanks, Viv. I'm lucky to be involved in something I enjoy. MP is a nice town, but the Carolina's have their very special charm! :smileywink: I love the beauty of the south. You know those southern gals can say "go to hell," and us Yankees think they gave us a compliment. :smileywink: Seriously, I love the south, the plantations, the vegetation, the history, the people, there's still so much more to see. Thank you Dot, for bringing the south up north to me. :smileywink:

Well, I didn't get an offer for my own pie lol, so guess I will just have to show up anyway and reintroduce myself sometime.
Vivian
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Vivico ... Well, I didn't get an offer for my own pie lol, so guess I will just have to show up anyway and reintroduce myself sometime.

Well dear Vivian, what pie would you make. Maybe I'll make it for next year. I have been asked to bake 2 blackberry pies for the weekend. I may make 3 and see how one tastes with low fat sour cream. yum yum :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

Vivico ... Well, I didn't get an offer for my own pie lol, so guess I will just have to show up anyway and reintroduce myself sometime.

Well dear Vivian, what pie would you make. Maybe I'll make it for next year. I have been asked to bake 2 blackberry pies for the weekend. I may make 3 and see how one tastes with low fat sour cream. yum yum :smileywink:

When I said I didnt get an offer for my own pie, I meant, I didnt get an offer to have a pie MADE just for me, if i showed up there LOL! Not an offer from someone for MY pie. I dont make desserts these days, I would eat them all. I am not the biggest pie fan except for two, one it too much a holiday one I guess and thats pumpkin pie, I love pumpkin pie. Other than that, my very favorite is homemade deep dish peach cobbler! One made like in a 9x12 dish with the top crust in a lattice across it and enough cinnamony flour inside that when the juices mix with it you get that wonderful thick filling thats so tasty! Love that. Berry pies, I have never liked blackberry, they grow wild here and you can kill yourself trying to pick them from the prickly bushes but I just dont like the taste of blackberry, blueberry yes! Chocolate cream is good. Strawberry cream cheese is good. But for just a really yummy pie that to me is an old comfort food, its definately a homemade peach cobbler. :smileyhappy:
Vivian
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

Yes, Cindersue, let me know about the lowfat sour cream. If that works, it wouldnt be too fattening anyway. right! We can pretend, anyway!
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 286 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: