Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: Mount Prospect Historical Society

kiakar wrote:

cindersue wrote:

Vivico ... Well, I didn't get an offer for my own pie lol, so guess I will just have to show up anyway and reintroduce myself sometime.

Well dear Vivian, what pie would you make. Maybe I'll make it for next year. I have been asked to bake 2 blackberry pies for the weekend. I may make 3 and see how one tastes with low fat sour cream. yum yum :smileywink:

Yes, Cindersue, let me know about the lowfat sour cream. If that works, it wouldnt be too fattening anyway. right! We can pretend, anyway!

I don't know if substitute sugar would work either say like splendor. Probably wouldnt give it enought texture. Oh well, this is getting to be a dieter's special delight. If it would work. Even Viv could eat it(the whole pie that it)
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

kiakar wrote:

cindersue wrote:

Vivico ... Well, I didn't get an offer for my own pie lol, so guess I will just have to show up anyway and reintroduce myself sometime.

Well dear Vivian, what pie would you make. Maybe I'll make it for next year. I have been asked to bake 2 blackberry pies for the weekend. I may make 3 and see how one tastes with low fat sour cream. yum yum :smileywink:

Yes, Cindersue, let me know about the lowfat sour cream. If that works, it wouldnt be too fattening anyway. right! We can pretend, anyway!

I don't know if substitute sugar would work either say like splendor. Probably wouldnt give it enought texture. Oh well, this is getting to be a dieter's special delight. If it would work. Even Viv could eat it(the whole pie that it)

I am not quite sure how to take that comment Kiakar lol, but it makes me laugh THAT it reads in a way that I dont quite know how to take it lol :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

baked goods - yum!

vivico1 wrote:
I love pumpkin pie. Other than that, my very favorite is homemade deep dish peach cobbler! One made like in a 9x12 dish with the top crust in a lattice across it and enough cinnamony flour inside that when the juices mix with it you get that wonderful thick filling thats so tasty! Love that. Berry pies, I have never liked blackberry, they grow wild here and you can kill yourself trying to pick them from the prickly bushes but I just dont like the taste of blackberry, blueberry yes! Chocolate cream is good. Strawberry cream cheese is good. But for just a really yummy pie that to me is an old comfort food, its definately a homemade peach cobbler. :smileyhappy:

I'm gaining weight just reading this! It all sounds soooo delicious!! I think I'll go make some banana bread for my kids. They love it and we always have some over ripe bananas around. I may even get a piece of it if I'm really quick. Otherwise I could lose a finger if I don't reach fast enough. My kids are pigs!
Frequent Contributor
mairwill
0 Kudos

Cindersue & Blackberry Pie

Cindersue--

Thanks so much for the Blackberry Pie recipe. I'm going to make it this weekend. I cheat and use Pillsbury pie crusts in the refrigerator sector of the grocery.

Later-

Mair
Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

Re: Cindersue & Blackberry Pie

Mair, that's not "cheating" - it's a creative shortcut! :smileyhappy:

mairwill wrote:
Cindersue--

Thanks so much for the Blackberry Pie recipe. I'm going to make it this weekend. I cheat and use Pillsbury pie crusts in the refrigerator sector of the grocery.

Later-

Mair

Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
Frequent Contributor
mairwill
0 Kudos

LizzieAnn wrote:

mairwill wrote:
Cindersue--

Later-

Mair

And you know what is the best part, LizzieAnn? If you have a little bit of the pie dough left over you can eat it. No use throwing it away. I love raw pie dough. Sorry in advance for grossing some of you all out! LOL!

Later--

Mair
Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

Never had raw pie dough. That's a new one for me. I was thinking I could just bake it and put ice cream over it, or fry it and sprinkle it with cinnamon-sugar! Mmmm!!!!

mairwill wrote:

LizzieAnn wrote:

mairwill wrote:
Cindersue--

Later-

Mair

And you know what is the best part, LizzieAnn? If you have a little bit of the pie dough left over you can eat it. No use throwing it away. I love raw pie dough. Sorry in advance for grossing some of you all out! LOL!

Later--

Mair

Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

LizzieAnn wrote:
Never had raw pie dough. That's a new one for me. I was thinking I could just bake it and put ice cream over it, or fry it and sprinkle it with cinnamon-sugar! Mmmm!!!!

mairwill wrote:
Cindersue--

Later-

Mair

Later--

Mair

When my mother would make pies, she never made anything from a box or mix or frozen lol, anyway, she would have me in the kitchen to learn (still cant make that fluffy of a pie crust!) she would give me some of the left over pie dough to cut out like cookies and put cinnamon and sugar and butter on to bake with her pies and that would be my baking at the time.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Now we're talk'n Liz!! Raw pie dough...nope.

LizzieAnn wrote:

mairwill wrote:

LizzieAnn wrote:

mairwill wrote:
Cindersue--

Later-

Mair

Later--

Mair

KathyS
0 Kudos

mairwill wrote:

LizzieAnn wrote:

mairwill wrote:
Cindersue--

Later-

Mair

Later--

Mair

RAW PIE DOUGH?!!! Icky! Blicky! Yucky! Pooy! Spaaitzhyllsphewt! Whew! That was a hard one to get out! The blasted thing stuck to the roof of my mouth!!!

K.
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:
For those of you who were thinking, or may be interested, in the MPHS, here's our website: www.yourcentralschool.org We're trying to save, move and preserve an 1896 one-room schoolhouse. So, my "infamous" pie went towards this move. :smileywink:

Now, I'm under pressure on what to bake for next year. All suggestions are welcomed. :smileywink:

Cindy

My son (11) did some research on one-room schoolhouses last year. I've directed him to your site. He thinks it's fabulous.
Stephanie
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

kiakar wrote:

kiakar wrote:

cindersue wrote:

I am not quite sure how to take that comment Kiakar lol, but it makes me laugh THAT it reads in a way that I dont quite know how to take it lol :smileywink:

Well, hon, sweety pie, and all that, and formost a great pal, I was really paying you the biggest compliment. If we can get the ingredients all down to almost zero calories, then you can eat the whole thing if you like that is, and not gain an ounce.
Now, wasn't I thinking of you in a nice concern sweet way now??? Love, me. hehehe
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:
Now we're talk'n Liz!! Raw pie dough...nope.

LizzieAnn wrote:

mairwill wrote:

LizzieAnn wrote:

mairwill wrote:
Cindersue--

Later-

Mair

Later--

Mair

Now, KathyS, that is bad manners!>
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:

cindersue wrote:
For those of you who were thinking, or may be interested, in the MPHS, here's our website: www.yourcentralschool.org We're trying to save, move and preserve an 1896 one-room schoolhouse. So, my "infamous" pie went towards this move. :smileywink:

Now, I'm under pressure on what to bake for next year. All suggestions are welcomed. :smileywink:

Cindy

My son (11) did some research on one-room schoolhouses last year. I've directed him to your site. He thinks it's fabulous.

I like this too, Cindersue; You have a great project going there; So proud of you!
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

kiakar wrote:

Well, hon, sweety pie, and all that, and formost a great pal, I was really paying you the biggest compliment. If we can get the ingredients all down to almost zero calories, then you can eat the whole thing if you like that is, and not gain an ounce.
Now, wasn't I thinking of you in a nice concern sweet way now??? Love, me. hehehe

Silly Kiakar lol, I KNOW how to take a joke lol, BUT, even if it had been at jab at me and my weight watchers lol, that would have been ok too :smileywink: cause I know you wouldnt mean to offend me :smileywink:. Thats why I joked about, dont know how to take this but makes me laugh that I dont know how to take this LOL! I would love to be able to eat a whole peach cobbler! I ate 3 brownies in the past two days that someone baked and gained FOUR pounds! :smileysad: . that just isnt fair, ya know?
Vivian
KathyS
0 Kudos

Linda,
I love left over pie dough, all slathered with butter, cinnamon and sugar, then rolled into logs - cut in small pinwheels, and definately cooked in the oven! All crispy and hot out of the oven...mm, mm, good! Oh, yeah, don't forget that tall glass of ice cold milk to wash every last finger lick'n morsel down!....Memories of childhood!.....! You eat it your way, and I'll suck up every last calorie my way! :smileyvery-happy:

Kathy S.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:
Linda,
I love left over pie dough, all slathered with butter, cinnamon and sugar, then rolled into logs - cut in small pinwheels, and definately cooked in the oven! All crispy and hot out of the oven...mm, mm, good! Oh, yeah, don't forget that tall glass of ice cold milk to wash every last finger lick'n morsel down!....Memories of childhood!.....! You eat it your way, and I'll suck up every last calorie my way! :smileyvery-happy:

Kathy S.

You are so right! Kathy S., I will have mine with buttermilk! I mean the kind with the butter in it, the fat, fat, fat, kind.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

kiakar wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

kiakar wrote:

Silly Kiakar lol, I KNOW how to take a joke lol, BUT, even if it had been at jab at me and my weight watchers lol, that would have been ok too :smileywink: cause I know you wouldnt mean to offend me :smileywink:. Thats why I joked about, dont know how to take this but makes me laugh that I dont know how to take this LOL! I would love to be able to eat a whole peach cobbler! I ate 3 brownies in the past two days that someone baked and gained FOUR pounds! :smileysad: . that just isnt fair, ya know?

Gosh; what did she have in them brownies?? Remind me never to eat any! I would gain 10 lbs just smelling them!
KathyS
0 Kudos

Chunky milk!

kiakar wrote:

KathyS wrote:
Linda,

Kathy S.

You are so right! Kathy S., I will have mine with buttermilk! I mean the kind with the butter in it, the fat, fat, fat, kind.

My dad used to drink buttermilk. But I just can't handle *chunks* in my milk! :smileyvery-happy:
K.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: Chunky milk!

KathyS wrote:

kiakar wrote:

KathyS wrote:
Linda,

Kathy S.

My dad used to drink buttermilk. But I just can't handle *chunks* in my milk! :smileyvery-happy:
K.

The chunks is what is so good!!!!!
Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 766 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: