Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
Bill_T
0 Kudos

Introduce Yourselves!

Here's a place where we can all say hello as we gather. If you were here for any of our previous conversations with Dorothea Benton Frank, do let us know!
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourselves!

Hey there, Vivian from Oklahoma here. I have not read any of Dorothea's books before but there are about 3-4 of us from a previous club in here that decided to read this one and I am glad we did. I am looking forward to the discussions on this book. Was a nice summer read. I know a few are just getting their books so looking forward to really starting the club next week. :smileywink: ,and hi to you too Bill.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Hi Viv! Hi Bill! Hi Dot! I holler from the Midwest. This is the first book I am reading of Dot's. I wanted to read a summer romance kind of book. My friend from the last book club said we should read this. This is my 4th book in the club. I'm still kinda new at this. I had to buy the book as the waiting list at the library was too long. I just started, and I like the writing style already. Look forward to the discussion. :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:
Hi Viv! Hi Bill! Hi Dot! I holler from the Midwest. This is the first book I am reading of Dot's. I wanted to read a summer romance kind of book. My friend from the last book club said we should read this. This is my 4th book in the club. I'm still kinda new at this. I had to buy the book as the waiting list at the library was too long. I just started, and I like the writing style already. Look forward to the discussion. :smileywink:

Hey Cindersue, good to see you! Now,if kiakar can get her computer and wrighty is coming too and i think maybe even leftbrainer, we will have the old gang back for a good read and discussion! :smileyhappy:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
tll
New User
tll
0 Kudos

I am tll from West Virginia. I have read all of Dorthea Benton Frank book and they are wonderful. I am looking forward to joining the book discussion on Monday.
Contributor
Hildegard1
0 Kudos

Hello!

I'm not certain what "name" will pop up. I'm at Chautauqua, New York instead of Orange, California and am using the library computer.

I'm KathyH from California where I work at a large church. I was in a group with Dot I think last August. I'll be back at my office computer the 17th and will try to catch up then.

I loved the group with Dot and her book, so I'm looking forward to great things.

KathyH
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

Hey Cindersue, good to see you! Now,if kiakar can get her computer and wrighty is coming too and i think maybe even leftbrainer, we will have the old gang back for a good read and discussion! :smileyhappy:

Hello everyone! A special hello to Viv, cindersue and kiakar! I'm Debbie from the east and this is my first book of Dot's. The girls suggested this club last month and I'm glad they did. I've been away this week so I just got the book today. I've been reading it this afternoon and I'm enjoying it already. I'm glad Dot is away until Tuesday, I may need the extra time! :smileywink: I'm really looking forward to this discussion.
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Good 2 c u Debbie! :smileywink:
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

Hey there! I have my brandnew computer and I am having a grand span party. I will stay up all night and celebrate! Oh! Viv I am so excited!!
And hi to CinderSue and Wrighty! I am so glad I am back with the groove. Its the four of us again! Riding high! Reading even higher! I know you three will just adore her writing! She is superb at writing! I go over each page twice to thrill over the flow of her words over and over
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

Hey there! I have my brandnew computer and I am having a grand span party. I will stay up all night and celebrate! Oh! Viv I am so excited!!
And hi to CinderSue and Wrighty! I am so glad I am back with the groove. Its the four of us again! Riding high! Reading even higher! I know you three will just adore her writing! She is superb at writing! I go over each page twice to thrill over the flow of her words over and over

MAN Kiakar lol, what a little time on a new comp when you have been without one will do huh? ROFL, calm down girl hehe, and your right, we will all have a good discussion with this book I am sure. You do like her right? ROFL!! :smileytongue: Good to see you back :smileywink:
Vivian
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

Thanks cindersue, you too! Kiakar, so glad you're back with a new computer. It's very frustrating when there are technical issues. Viv, are you still reading too? Is anyone besides me? I'm just checking in quick because I need to get back to my reading. This should be such a fun book especially for summer. I'm looking forward to meeting even more people here and to reading more of Dot's books.
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

cindersue wrote:

Thanks cindersue, you too! Kiakar, so glad you're back with a new computer. It's very frustrating when there are technical issues. Viv, are you still reading too? Is anyone besides me? I'm just checking in quick because I need to get back to my reading. This should be such a fun book especially for summer. I'm looking forward to meeting even more people here and to reading more of Dot's books.

Welcome back Kiakar! Have fun with your new CPU. I'm still on Chapter 1. Haven't had much reading time with the 4th weekend. Sunday, if I'm not too pooped, I'll start reading again. I'm looking forward to some normalcy around here ... if that's ever possible! :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

cindersue wrote:

Wrighty,
I have finished it but I promise not to post any spoilers :smileywink:. I will post things the way i thought about them as i read them. I am in Crashing Through bookclub too, so I am around. lol and cindersue, once you get past chapter one, you will get on a roll I bet :smileyhappy:
Vivian
New User
keysreader
0 Kudos

Hello--this is my first on-line book club but when I saw it was about the Land of Mango Sunsets, I wanted to join. I am from South Florida and have read all of D. B. Frank's books. I have just started reading it but will finish quickly. Since I have one mango left on my tree, I will go pick it and read while I eat it! keysreader
keysreader
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

keysreader wrote:
Hello--this is my first on-line book club but when I saw it was about the Land of Mango Sunsets, I wanted to join. I am from South Florida and have read all of D. B. Frank's books. I have just started reading it but will finish quickly. Since I have one mango left on my tree, I will go pick it and read while I eat it! keysreader

Wow! That is some kind of heaven, reading The Land of Mango Sunsets and nibble on a lustrious mango fresh from your tree. Wow! That is living the life! My daughter lives on the West Coast of Florida and they have grapefruit trees and they are quite the delicious treat too. Florida, the land of milk and honey. Well, fruit anyway! lol.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

keysreader wrote:

Wow! That is some kind of heaven, reading The Land of Mango Sunsets and nibble on a lustrious mango fresh from your tree. Wow! That is living the life! My daughter lives on the West Coast of Florida and they have grapefruit trees and they are quite the delicious treat too. Florida, the land of milk and honey. Well, fruit anyway! lol.

Sorry! That should be nibbling! bad english I know. lol.
Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

Hello!

Hi Everyone! Good to see you again Dot & Stephanie.

I was in Dot's last group Full of Grace which converted me to a full-fledged fan of Dot's books, of which I've now read every one. This was another terrific story, and, as usual, it was great to run into old "friends."

Looking forward to a great discussion!

:smileyvery-happy:
Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Re: Hello!

Hi all,

Great to see so many familiar faces and new readers to Dot's books, too. I've been moderating her groups forever now, and I can tell you all that she is one Great Lady. Can't wait for you all to meet her.
Stephanie
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm Chris and am recuperating from a total knee repacement done 2 weeks ago. I feel great and am walking around without the use of a walker or cane. I still have a lot of physical therapy to go but it's great to be able to do things on your own without having to bother your husband to do tiny things. He is pretty much doing the cooking as one of the drawbacks from major surgery is no appetite. And he is my drive buddy as he takes me to physical therapy and other places. Anyone thinking of getting one of those knee replacements, do it!
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
New User
Nanc
0 Kudos

Hello there-

I've never participated in a book club due to travel
schedules. I spotted this book club tab when I was
perusing the B&N site today.

It's a sign :-)....I just finished Mango Sunsets

The title invoked pleasant memories of sunsets
I have watched. I hope someday to vacation down
in the low country area she writes about.

Hope to Chat with you later
Nanc
Users Online
Currently online: 48 members 1,036 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: