Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourselves!

cindersue wrote:

vivico1 wrote:
hey all you margarita drinkers lol, do any of you drink beer? I just saw an ad on tv for Miller Chill. Anyone heard of it or try it? Its suppose to be brewed with a little taste of lime and salt in it, so thought you might be interested if you like beer too :smileywink:

no, but I like lime in my beer. Hold the salt. Might have to try this

Well, Cindersue; maybe there is some white wine laying around somewhere on board. I am not choosy. I like charrnay or zippdale. Sorry, speelled wrong, and I am too sleep7y to fix it. ha.but I am sure you get my drift.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

vivico1 wrote:
hey all you margarita drinkers lol, do any of you drink beer? I just saw an ad on tv for Miller Chill. Anyone heard of it or try it? Its suppose to be brewed with a little taste of lime and salt in it, so thought you might be interested if you like beer too :smileywink:

yeah, a kind of tropical beer huh?

Hey Viv, do they have that? Hey if they don't, that would make for a great invention.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

Hey Viv, do they have that? Hey if they don't, that would make for a great invention.

lol well that sounds like what that miller chill is, a tropical tasting beer. lol
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

kiakar wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

lol well that sounds like what that miller chill is, a tropical tasting beer. lol

Shoot! Now we cant make lots of money inventing something.
New User
JulieTA
0 Kudos

Hey y'all from an SC girl! (Actually, I lived outside Chicago until 12 years ago, but SC has always been in my heart--we vacationed in NMB every year.) I LOVE Ms. Frank's books--they are such a pleasure to read. My Swiss hubby and I had a beach wedding on Isle of Palms, and it is truly my favorite place, with Sullivan's Island a close second! If you haven't been to SC, y'all need to come on down! :-)

We're reading Land of Mango Sunsets for my book club tomorrow night, and I stumbled upon this board when I was looking for Q&A for our group. I'm a compulsive reader, and my hubby and kids think I'm a little obsessed with books. They are right! I used to work in publishing a million years ago, and now I read at least a book or two per week. It's a pleasure to meet you all, and I look forward to the discussions.

Julie
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

lol lol,its ok Kiakar, have a beer and relax :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

Ok. just move over on that comfy couch and do not let mine get hot.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

Ok. just move over on that comfy couch and do not let mine get hot.

ALWAYS on ice :smileywink:
Vivian
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

take me back to the islands ... ahhh :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

take me back to the islands ... ahhh :smileywink:

I am so jealous cindersue!
Vivian
Frequent Contributor
mairwill
0 Kudos

Mimi and Dot's next book

Mimi--

Can you get Dot to put some more of your recipes in her next book? That was so neat--to read about the food and then, voila, there was the recipe in the back.

LOL at your husband's breakfast.

Later--

Mair
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

JulieTA wrote:
Hey y'all from an SC girl! (Actually, I lived outside Chicago until 12 years ago, but SC has always been in my heart--we vacationed in NMB every year.) I LOVE Ms. Frank's books--they are such a pleasure to read. My Swiss hubby and I had a beach wedding on Isle of Palms, and it is truly my favorite place, with Sullivan's Island a close second! If you haven't been to SC, y'all need to come on down! :-)

We're reading Land of Mango Sunsets for my book club tomorrow night, and I stumbled upon this board when I was looking for Q&A for our group. I'm a compulsive reader, and my hubby and kids think I'm a little obsessed with books. They are right! I used to work in publishing a million years ago, and now I read at least a book or two per week. It's a pleasure to meet you all, and I look forward to the discussions.

Julie

Julie,

Welcome! Great to have you joining.

Head on into the discussion sections, and after your face to face book group, come back and tell us what you all talked about!
Stephanie
New User
Beechmama
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone. I'm Tina from NJ. Dot, I love your books and have read and re-read all of them. Great forum.
New User
purpleroses
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Josephine from Brooklyn, NY, USA. I saw this book cover and fell in love.
I purchased the book a few days ago. Wow!

I'm a breast cancer survivor, just made 3 1/2 years and love to plunge into novels that make me smile, (which so far this has been true for this novel).
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

purpleroses wrote:
Hi, I'm Josephine from Brooklyn, NY, USA. I saw this book cover and fell in love.

I'm a breast cancer survivor, just made 3 1/2 years and love to plunge into novels that make me smile, (which so far this has been true for this novel).

Hi there purpleroses. Love your name. Makes me think of the lavendar/violet colored roses that are very very hard to come by. I read a long time ago that Elizabeth Taylor always had them in her dressing room because her eyes were a lavender/violet color, not blue and that the film never really could catch the color of her eyes but that from a very very young age (too young) grown men would be pulled in by her eyes, they are so beautiful, i can believe it. I used to look for lavender roses all the time after that and never saw one, but was told you could special order them lol. WTG on your 3 1/2 years! Enjoy your reading :smileywink:

Message Edited by vivico1 on 07-14-2007 12:21 PM
Vivian
Frequent Contributor
CAT72
0 Kudos

Hi Dot and everyone....I am a little late getting here as I have just returned from a whirlwind, jampacked week in Washington DC. I am sitting at Litchfield Beach ready for some relaxation. I was a part of the discussion group last year and definitely looking forward to all the wonderful discussions.:smileyhappy:
UPCOUTRY GIRL...LOWCOUNTRY HEART!!!
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

CAT72 wrote:
Hi Dot and everyone....I am a little late getting here as I have just returned from a whirlwind, jampacked week in Washington DC. I am sitting at Litchfield Beach ready for some relaxation. I was a part of the discussion group last year and definitely looking forward to all the wonderful discussions.:smileyhappy:

Litchfield! I am a little jealous about that! Make sure and go to Litchfield Books and say hello to Tom Warner and Vicki Crafton for me1 You will LOVE them! These folks are absolutely first class and they also carry the NY Times! Tell them I send them a big kiss! BEtter yet, tell em I said to buy you a beer!

Learn more about Bulls Island.

Discover all Dorothea Benton Frank titles.

Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

purpleroses wrote:

Welcome Jospehine! One of the things I do with my book earnings is support the National Breast Cancer Coalition. I have lost two friends on my block to breast cnacer and three others are survivors. I have had tumors myself but oddly they disappeared when I quit smoking and drinking coffee. I am thrilled you are enjoying Mango - I'm in NJ! The book cover is crazy, isn't it?

Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

Beechmama wrote:
Hi Everyone. I'm Tina from NJ. Dot, I love your books and have read and re-read all of them. Great forum.

Tina - where are you? I'm in Montclair.

Contributor
Twinksista
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi Everyone! This is a great day at the beach---but too hot to traspe down there just yet....What ya'll doing today? Reading, "Land of Mango Sunsets"? That would make Dottie pretty happy!!!! Me too! -I made two Mimi pound cakes this AM-One for the freezer-the other for Scott. Yeah, he's the #1 husband--Ya know, he ACTUALLY LIKES pound cake better than PPT's! LOL (That's what we call his Pop Tarts) -----Now, I just may eat some too, but don't tell! --- Talked with Dottie last PM and she and her family were having a "cooking marathon" in their kitchen. She's a great cook!

Message Edited by Twinksista on 07-15-2007 04:06 PM
Users Online
Currently online: 16 members 616 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: