Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourselves!

Twinksista wrote:
Hi Everyone! This is a great day at the beach---but too hot to traspe down there just yet....What ya'll doing today? Reading, "Land of Mango Sunsets"? That would make Dottie pretty happy!!!! Me too! -I made two Mimi pound cakes this AM-One for the freezer-the other for Scott. Yeah, he's the #1 husband--Ya know, he ACTUALLY LIKES pound cake better than PPT's! LOL (That's what we call his Pop Tarts) -----Now, I just may eat some too, but don't tell! --- Talked with Dottie last PM and she and her family were having a "cooking marathon" in their kitchen. She's a great cook!

Message Edited by Twinksista on 07-15-2007 04:06 PM

I thought we were opening a cooking section somewhere!
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

Twinksista wrote:
Hi Everyone! This is a great day at the beach---but too hot to traspe down there just yet....What ya'll doing today? Reading, "Land of Mango Sunsets"? That would make Dottie pretty happy!!!! Me too! -I made two Mimi pound cakes this AM-One for the freezer-the other for Scott. Yeah, he's the #1 husband--Ya know, he ACTUALLY LIKES pound cake better than PPT's! LOL (That's what we call his Pop Tarts) -----Now, I just may eat some too, but don't tell! --- Talked with Dottie last PM and she and her family were having a "cooking marathon" in their kitchen. She's a great cook!

Message Edited by Twinksista on 07-15-2007 04:06 PM

I thought we were opening a cooking section somewhere!

It's the thead "Food Talk".
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
kathleenOH
0 Kudos

Re: Stephanie & started reading

Oh Stephanie:

I finished the book about 3 days after it was released! :smileyhappy:

Now I always insisted that Sullivan's Island was Dot's best, best, best book and that nothing could beat it. I'm eating crow right now. Mango Sunset is divine. Just moved right into my soul. Thank you Dot!

Kathleen - Ohio
Kathleen - Ohio
Frequent Contributor
kathleenOH
0 Kudos

I love the definition.

Just fits me to a T.

Kathleen Ohio
Kathleen - Ohio
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

kathleenOH wrote:
Just moved right into my soul. Thank you Dot!

Kathleen - Ohio

It did to me too! This is a wonderful read!
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

kathleenOH wrote:
Oh Stephanie:

Now I always insisted that Sullivan's Island was Dot's best, best, best book and that nothing could beat it. I'm eating crow right now. Mango Sunset is divine. Just moved right into my soul. Thank you Dot!

Kathleen - Ohio

I hope my mother-in-law is checking this!

Learn more about Bulls Island.

Discover all Dorothea Benton Frank titles.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:

kathleenOH wrote:
Oh Stephanie:

Kathleen - Ohio

Dot,

Just click over there on the Options button above the message and you can email it to her!
Stephanie
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:

dotfrank wrote:

kathleenOH wrote:
Oh Stephanie:

Kathleen - Ohio

Dot,

Just click over there on the Options button above the message and you can email it to her!

ROFL! good suggestion Stephanie hehe.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
CAT72
0 Kudos

Will be glad to tell them hello for you...actually Litchfield Books is where I say you this year for your book signing....I was at my parents villa while I was on Spring Break (usually I see you in Charlotte).
Have been enjoying much beer and seveal Margaritas while here this week.
UPCOUTRY GIRL...LOWCOUNTRY HEART!!!
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

CAT72 wrote:
Will be glad to tell them hello for you...actually Litchfield Books is where I say you this year for your book signing....I was at my parents villa while I was on Spring Break (usually I see you in Charlotte).

Awww...books, villa, spring break, beer and margaritas! What magical words! I'm soooo jealous. :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
CAT72
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

CAT72 wrote:

Awww...books, villa, spring break, beer and margaritas! What magical words! I'm soooo jealous. :smileytongue:

I know...the life of a school teacher is great right now....no responsibilites, no stress, etc. However this is just recovery time from the grind of teaching school. I teach 8th Grade SC History and I love my job and my babies but it sure does help to have some time to decompress from the school year.

I saw Dot during the first week of her book tour while I was on Spring Break...Needless to say I had just returned the week before from taking about 240 students to Charletson to get a first hand taste of history. It was great fun but I was definitely glad to have Spring Break.
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

CAT72 wrote:
I know...the life of a school teacher is great right now....no responsibilites, no stress, etc. However this is just recovery time from the grind of teaching school. I teach 8th Grade SC History and I love my job and my babies but it sure does help to have some time to decompress from the school year.

I saw Dot during the first week of her book tour while I was on Spring Break...Needless to say I had just returned the week before from taking about 240 students to Charletson to get a first hand taste of history. It was great fun but I was definitely glad to have Spring Break.

I only taught school part time and I LIVED for vacations! I loved the kids but you really do need time to decompress (that was a great word choice) so you can do it all over again. I think teachers would burn out so fast if they didn't have summers off.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

CAT72 wrote:

yea; Cat and Wrighy, it sounds so good! And it is so good!
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

spring break

[ Edited ]

kiakar wrote:

Wrighty wrote:

Linda, are you a spring breaker? :smileyindifferent: :smileyhappy: :smileyvery-happy:

Are we going to see you on one of those "Girls Gone Wild" videos where the girls take their tops off? :smileysurprised: :smileysurprised:

I'll take a break for spring (or any other time) but that's probably not for me! :smileywink:

(Just teasing ya! They should be so lucky!)

Message Edited by Wrighty on 07-17-2007 02:16 PM
Contributor
Liz1017
0 Kudos

I must admit.. my husband does all the cooking! Well, the majority of it. I get to stir! He loves to cook and is a complete control freak in the kitchen! I hate cooking! If it were up to me, I'd eat pizza everynight and salads on the weekends :smileywink:!! Even though I watch all the cooking shows and see how I can make anything in 30 minutes (ha!) it usually takes me 2 hours to do it. I love to bake, though... Baking and cooking are two different things!

- Liz
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

cooking

Liz1017 wrote:
I must admit.. my husband does all the cooking! Well, the majority of it. I get to stir! He loves to cook and is a complete control freak in the kitchen! I hate cooking! If it were up to me, I'd eat pizza everynight and salads on the weekends :smileywink:!! Even though I watch all the cooking shows and see how I can make anything in 30 minutes (ha!) it usually takes me 2 hours to do it. I love to bake, though... Baking and cooking are two different things!

- Liz

That's exactly the same way at our house!! My husband loves to cook and try new things and is an absolute control freak in the kitchen. I just stay out of his way. He makes dinner every night now and has for years. He loves the food network. I don't care that much about food and would have the same things over and over. Pizza is a big favorite. Baking is my thing too. It's also something I enjoy eating, unfortunately. With teenagers in the house there's never much left for me, fortunately, I guess. As long as I get some of it I'm happy!
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

CAT72 wrote:

Wrighty wrote:

CAT72 wrote:

I remember you! How are you?

Learn more about Bulls Island.

Discover all Dorothea Benton Frank titles.

Frequent Contributor
CAT72
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:

CAT72 wrote:

Wrighty wrote:

CAT72 wrote:

I remember you! How are you?

Doing great!! How are you? I need to send you a copy of the picture we took. Is there an email address that would be good? I would love it if there was a way to work out you coming to my school next year and speaking to my students about SC History and writing.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: spring break

Wrighty wrote:

kiakar wrote:

Wrighty wrote:

Linda, are you a spring breaker? :smileyindifferent: :smileyhappy: :smileyvery-happy:

Are we going to see you on one of those "Girls Gone Wild" videos where the girls take their tops off? :smileysurprised: :smileysurprised:

I'll take a break for spring (or any other time) but that's probably not for me! :smileywink:

(Just teasing ya! They should be so lucky!)

Message Edited by Wrighty on 07-17-2007 02:16 PM

Whatever it is, I will try it! I am a spring breaker, a winter maker, and a summer dipper, Oh! I forgot fall! A Autumn drifter. And whatever my friends are doing! hehehe
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Liz1017 wrote:

- Liz

Yes, it is! I have watched those shows constantly with my daughter for the last week since she was here with me. ha. but the shows are fun in a way. I have never cooked alot since my kids left home and that has been years ago. It never was a hobby for me only a chore.
Users Online
Currently online: 30 members 518 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: