Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

Re: Question for Author

I don't have a lot to do with where I go but usually it coincides with book tour. The guys to contact are Ben and Buzzy. Ben.Bruton@harpercollins.com and Buzzy.Porter@harpercollins.com. I talk to student groups all the time and love to do it. In addition, there is a link on my homepage where you can downloaad a "How to WRite a Book" pamphlet that is geared to students. That's at www.dotfrank.com Hope this helps!

Learn more about Bulls Island.

Discover all Dorothea Benton Frank titles.

Frequent Contributor
CAT72
0 Kudos

Thanks...I will definitely email them and see if we can work anything out. It would be really awesome if you could speak to the students. I can't wait for The Christmas Pearl to come out. I just might have to read it to my students if there is Gullah involved in it.

dotfrank wrote:
I don't have a lot to do with where I go but usually it coincides with book tour. The guys to contact are Ben and Buzzy. Ben.Bruton@harpercollins.com and Buzzy.Porter@harpercollins.com. I talk to student groups all the time and love to do it. In addition, there is a link on my homepage where you can downloaad a "How to WRite a Book" pamphlet that is geared to students. That's at www.dotfrank.com Hope this helps!

UPCOUTRY GIRL...LOWCOUNTRY HEART!!!
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Hey cool, Dot, our reviews on your book are starting to post before this club is over, so thats a good deal too. Some may just wonder in and check it out this week :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:
Kevin has commitment issues. His relationship with Miriam/Mellie is more like chosen family or dear friends but doesn't carry the same emotional price tag as an intimate relationship. I think they discuss that somewhere in the book but if they don't they should have!

I was wondering about Kevin too. I thought he swung the other way. But never admitted it. with his occupation and stuff, it fits. :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

dotfrank wrote:
Kevin has commitment issues. His relationship with Miriam/Mellie is more like chosen family or dear friends but doesn't carry the same emotional price tag as an intimate relationship. I think they discuss that somewhere in the book but if they don't they should have!

I was wondering about Kevin too. I thought he swung the other way. But never admitted it. with his occupation and stuff, it fits. :smileywink:

oh he was very gay, but never had a man around, thats why i was wondering why, when in the end everyone else did at least. He had wayyyy too much time to run to miriam the moment she called too,but maybe a couple of times he said he couldnt right away. I wanted Kevin to have someone in the end too, not commitment problems like everyone else did!
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb