Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

Re: Question for Author

I don't have a lot to do with where I go but usually it coincides with book tour. The guys to contact are Ben and Buzzy. Ben.Bruton@harpercollins.com and Buzzy.Porter@harpercollins.com. I talk to student groups all the time and love to do it. In addition, there is a link on my homepage where you can downloaad a "How to WRite a Book" pamphlet that is geared to students. That's at www.dotfrank.com Hope this helps!

Learn more about Bulls Island.

Discover all Dorothea Benton Frank titles.

Frequent Contributor
CAT72
0 Kudos

Thanks...I will definitely email them and see if we can work anything out. It would be really awesome if you could speak to the students. I can't wait for The Christmas Pearl to come out. I just might have to read it to my students if there is Gullah involved in it.

dotfrank wrote:
I don't have a lot to do with where I go but usually it coincides with book tour. The guys to contact are Ben and Buzzy. Ben.Bruton@harpercollins.com and Buzzy.Porter@harpercollins.com. I talk to student groups all the time and love to do it. In addition, there is a link on my homepage where you can downloaad a "How to WRite a Book" pamphlet that is geared to students. That's at www.dotfrank.com Hope this helps!

UPCOUTRY GIRL...LOWCOUNTRY HEART!!!
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Hey cool, Dot, our reviews on your book are starting to post before this club is over, so thats a good deal too. Some may just wonder in and check it out this week :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:
Kevin has commitment issues. His relationship with Miriam/Mellie is more like chosen family or dear friends but doesn't carry the same emotional price tag as an intimate relationship. I think they discuss that somewhere in the book but if they don't they should have!

I was wondering about Kevin too. I thought he swung the other way. But never admitted it. with his occupation and stuff, it fits. :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

dotfrank wrote:
Kevin has commitment issues. His relationship with Miriam/Mellie is more like chosen family or dear friends but doesn't carry the same emotional price tag as an intimate relationship. I think they discuss that somewhere in the book but if they don't they should have!

I was wondering about Kevin too. I thought he swung the other way. But never admitted it. with his occupation and stuff, it fits. :smileywink:

oh he was very gay, but never had a man around, thats why i was wondering why, when in the end everyone else did at least. He had wayyyy too much time to run to miriam the moment she called too,but maybe a couple of times he said he couldnt right away. I wanted Kevin to have someone in the end too, not commitment problems like everyone else did!
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Users Online
Currently online: 10 members 471 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: