Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Re: Final comment on the DMV

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

dotfrank wrote:
... Y'all have a wonderful summer and I hope to see you all again! Tell your friends! And THE CHRISTMAS PEARL, my Gullah ghost story will be out October 23. If any of y'all want a signed book plate to give it as a Christmas gift, shoot me an email at dot@dotfrank.com!

Okay, I went on dot@dotfrank.com, but where do I request the signed book plate? I'd love to get one.

blonde :smileywink:

umm, I thought that was her email address and sent it there. Looks like one to me. And she said email me. Did you go to her website you mean?

.com is a website. I couldn't find a link to email requesting the signed book plate.
Frequent Contributor
CAT72
0 Kudos

dot@dotfrank.com is her email
UPCOUTRY GIRL...LOWCOUNTRY HEART!!!
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

cindersue wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

dotfrank wrote:
... Y'all have a wonderful summer and I hope to see you all again! Tell your friends! And THE CHRISTMAS PEARL, my Gullah ghost story will be out October 23. If any of y'all want a signed book plate to give it as a Christmas gift, shoot me an email at dot@dotfrank.com!

Okay, I went on dot@dotfrank.com, but where do I request the signed book plate? I'd love to get one.

umm, I thought that was her email address and sent it there. Looks like one to me. And she said email me. Did you go to her website you mean?

.com is a website. I couldn't find a link to email requesting the signed book plate.

cin, your tired kiddo from your vacation :smileywink: .com is also our email addresses. Like joeblow@hotmail.com Her email is dot@dotfrank.com like Cat72 says too. She has her own domain...dotfrank.com, instead of like dotfrank@yahoo.com. See? so email her there. at dot@dotfrank.com :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

Re: Miracles at The NJ DMV

vivico1 wrote:
State law here, you HAVE to have a new picture made with your renewal which only makes sense. I am surprised they let you use old pics there or do any of it through the mail! The updated pictures are for the protection of the officers in recognition and also often used for identification of bodies at the scene of a bad accident. You can sometimes talk them into a different pic at the time they do it, if they are nice and not busy but its manditory in any state I have lived in. I will be interested to see how mine turns out because what is on there now is before my big weight loss. lol. What I wished they would let you do is have a booth there, where you can take several pictures yourself, pick out which one you like and give that one to them at the desk to use. If they let you use one you brought it, it could be a glamore shots one LOL and half the women out there would not look like their pics in real life lol.

Here in NY state we can keep using the same photo over and over and just renew by mail. They want us to renew by mail. I'm not sure how long before you need a new photo. I've had mine quite a while now. When I took my kids for their permits and photos the lady showed it to them and asked if that was good or would you like another one? It must be all digital now. That's a much better way to do it instead of ending up with some of the atrocious photos a lot of people end up with. I think they do that on purpose! :smileywink:
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

Did it work Cindersue? I need to do that as well.
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

cindersue wrote:

I tried sending it via email. I have a hotmail one for Dot too, so I am confused. I sent via .com, so we'll see. Thanks Wrighty! :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

Wrighty wrote:

cindersue wrote:

I tried sending it via email. I have a hotmail one for Dot too, so I am confused. I sent via .com, so we'll see. Thanks Wrighty! :smileywink:

Hey guys, I posted that this is it and I already got a reply but now i dont see it. Maybe I just previewed it and didnt post. Anyway, if i am repeating, please forgive me but yes dot@dotfrank.com is her email address because I sent one there and got a reply from her today. She said to be sure to send your mailing address too, so she can send them to you. I had just sent an email saying yes I want one! But didnt put my mailing address on it, didnt know if it was a download or an actual autograph :smileyhappy:, so i sent another one just while ago with my mailing address on it. So for anyone confused, her email address IS dot@dotfrank.com, thats her own domain addy and she will reply so be sure your home address is on your request. Hope that clarifies it :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

Hey guys, I posted that this is it and I already got a reply but now i dont see it. Maybe I just previewed it and didnt post. Anyway, if i am repeating, please forgive me but yes dot@dotfrank.com is her email address because I sent one there and got a reply from her today. She said to be sure to send your mailing address too, so she can send them to you. I had just sent an email saying yes I want one! But didnt put my mailing address on it, didnt know if it was a download or an actual autograph :smileyhappy:, so i sent another one just while ago with my mailing address on it. So for anyone confused, her email address IS dot@dotfrank.com, thats her own domain addy and she will reply so be sure your home address is on your request. Hope that clarifies it :smileywink:

Yes, it worked! It is her email address (but also her website, that's what I tried first.) I heard from Dot, TYVM! So put it in your email address to reach her.
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

bookplates

vivico1 wrote:
So for anyone confused, her email address IS dot@dotfrank.com, thats her own domain addy and she will reply so be sure your home address is on your request. Hope that clarifies it :smileywink:

Thanks Viv. I would have forgotten to put my return address on it if you hadn't said something about it.
Users Online
Currently online: 12 members 191 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: