Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Kaffee
0 Kudos

XXOX Mango Sunset

Hi My Friend! I have been snuggling up with Mellie, Josie, Harrison, Kevin & all the
rest of the gang. It has been so much fun, I've laughed and I've cried and I have
at time felt like you are in the room with me! Your sense of humor,vivid descriptions and imparted wisdom is sooo Dottie. Thank you and congratulations on another winner.
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

Re: XXOX Mango Sunset

Kaffee wrote:
Hi My Friend! I have been snuggling up with Mellie, Josie, Harrison, Kevin & all the
rest of the gang. It has been so much fun, I've laughed and I've cried and I have
at time felt like you are in the room with me! Your sense of humor,vivid descriptions and imparted wisdom is sooo Dottie. Thank you and congratulations on another winner.

ATTENTION Y'ALL!!!! This email is from Kaffee Kohler who owns Kaffee's Garden Spa in N Palm Beach FL. We were roommates a zilion years ago in Atlanta GA and she is THE NICEST SWEETEST WOMAN on the PLANET, and maybe in the whole Galaxy! Kaffee, you sweet darlin! How the heck are you? I am so thrilled you are having some Mango Fun with Mellie and the Gang. Isnt; that Judith the trashiest thing to ever drop to earth? And isn't Agnes Willis just the biggest stinker? Ah God, I'm still waiting for Harrison Ford to call me up to option it so he can play himself! Keep dreaming - but it would make such a wonderful movie, doncha think?

Am I ever going to see you again? Can we meet in Charleston? Jeez! I sure could use an industrial sized dose of my old girlfriend's energy field! xxoo Whew! Am I glad to see ya or what?

Learn more about Bulls Island.

Discover all Dorothea Benton Frank titles.

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Dot, you're killing me! Still mooning over H.F?....he's mine! Nice meeting your friend, Kaffee....I'm minus zero energy at the moment, so I'm no help, but maybe she could pass a few currents in my direction, too, ya think?! Hope you can get together!

dotfrank wrote:

Kaffee wrote:

ATTENTION Y'ALL!!!! This email is from Kaffee Kohler who owns Kaffee's Garden Spa in N Palm Beach FL. We were roommates a zilion years ago in Atlanta GA and she is THE NICEST SWEETEST WOMAN on the PLANET, and maybe in the whole Galaxy! Kaffee, you sweet darlin! How the heck are you? I am so thrilled you are having some Mango Fun with Mellie and the Gang. Isnt; that Judith the trashiest thing to ever drop to earth? And isn't Agnes Willis just the biggest stinker? Ah God, I'm still waiting for Harrison Ford to call me up to option it so he can play himself! Keep dreaming - but it would make such a wonderful movie, doncha think?

Am I ever going to see you again? Can we meet in Charleston? Jeez! I sure could use an industrial sized dose of my old girlfriend's energy field! xxoo Whew! Am I glad to see ya or what?

New User
Kaffee
0 Kudos

Well, I was up way before my usual this morning because I was determined to finish the book so I could pass it along to a friend who left for Europe today. It
will be perfect for her to make the travel fly by. Dottie, I really loved all the
characters in Mango. They all came alive for me, especially Mellie. I found
it incredibly touching the way you wrote about Josie's illness and how it
affected her daugther. It was beautiful how you described the feelings that
go along with those events. I was completely knocked out by the explanation
of how Josie looked at her as if she were taking pictures to be able to show
to those on the other side. I too have seen that look but never saw it written
about or explained so dearly. And yes,Judith IS a fluzzy for sure and Charles
really fouled up and got his in the end. I loved it. And then there is Harrison...
is that what they call fantasy??? if so I'm gonna fantasize away.(It was during the
"goat chase" that I really fell for Harrison)
About that visit. I can't think of a better idea. When will you be in SC? I know
we can work something out. I need to hear that wonderful laugh of yours. we deserve
some girlfriend time after so long!
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

Boy! Wow! Thanks for the extra generous words and you are so right about girlfried time. Seems like all I do is work, run the house, um, houses, deal with the family and crap, at the end of the day there's no time for me - uh, make that my whole life experiece that I am suppoed to be having? So STUPID! So, excuse me B&N whom I would give a kidney to but, HELL YEAH!!!!! Call me and let's figure out some crazy oyster roast weekend this winter when no one needs us for a life or death couple of days and let's meet in SC - um, I know a real cheap place to stay that's not too much of a dump. Uh, yeah, that joint on the island . . . wow, hope all is well with you and that no one at B&N.com needs a kidney! Does anyone else want to come for an oyster roast????? I can probably help find reasonable accomadations??? GOd knows, the oysters are lying there waitng to get shucked! xx to all.

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:
Boy! Wow! Thanks for the extra generous words and you are so right about girlfried time. Seems like all I do is work, run the house, um, houses, deal with the family and crap, at the end of the day there's no time for me - uh, make that my whole life experiece that I am suppoed to be having? So STUPID! So, excuse me B&N whom I would give a kidney to but, HELL YEAH!!!!! Call me and let's figure out some crazy oyster roast weekend this winter when no one needs us for a life or death couple of days and let's meet in SC - um, I know a real cheap place to stay that's not too much of a dump. Uh, yeah, that joint on the island . . . wow, hope all is well with you and that no one at B&N.com needs a kidney! Does anyone else want to come for an oyster roast????? I can probably help find reasonable accomadations??? GOd knows, the oysters are lying there waitng to get shucked! xx to all.

lol, how fun it is to hear someone so excited to meet up with her girlfriend again :smileyhappy: I am a big believer in girlfriend time lol and Dot, you are just sounding too cute about this! lol :smileywink: Hey does that, anyone else want to come..mean us?? LOL or are you asking your friend if anyone else you two know would want to come? LOL
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
CAT72
0 Kudos

dotfrank wrote:

LOL : D
Sounds like you gals are going to have a blast!! I would love a good oyster roast although I don't eat oysters (I KNOW, I KNOW - a serious southern sin) but I love a cold beer. : D
UPCOUTRY GIRL...LOWCOUNTRY HEART!!!
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Dot,

You have my phone number, just let me know when, and tell me what to bring. :smileyhappy:
Stephanie
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:
Dot,

You have my phone number, just let me know when, and tell me what to bring. :smileyhappy:

Call me, I'll bring the drinks!
Author
dotfrank
0 Kudos

CAT72 wrote:

dotfrank wrote:

LOL : D
Sounds like you gals are going to have a blast!! I would love a good oyster roast although I don't eat oysters (I KNOW, I KNOW - a serious southern sin) but I love a cold beer. : D

Know what? Truth? I go to the yster roasts to eat about 6 oysters and then I;m full - I go to socialize. And for the cold beer.

Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 685 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: