New User
marisol97229
0 Kudos

Covers-What do you think?

Im sure after seeing the replies, I will see how dumb I was to overlook this, but what are the meanings of the pictures on the covers? (The apple, ribbin, etc.) Also, has the cover for BD been released?
Edward’s only human, Bella. He’s going to react like any other boy.” — Angela Weber
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

Re: Covers-What do you think?

marisol97229 wrote:
Im sure after seeing the replies, I will see how dumb I was to overlook this, but what are the meanings of the pictures on the covers? (The apple, ribbin, etc.) Also, has the cover for BD been released?

i know that the apple is edwards hand and then bellas hand and the apple is the forbidden fruit for the ribbion i heard that it was jakobs and bellas relationship spliting and ripping in half the apple one im sure of because sm says it on her page but the ribbion is just a rumor. let me know if that was any help to you at all. and bd's cover has not and im dieing to see what it is.
"When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options"
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

I don't think the cover of New Moon has a meaning. Pitty. It is such a nice picture
"Who's that little old man?
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

tigerlilly wrote:
I don't think the cover of New Moon has a meaning. Pitty. It is such a nice picture

it is a pitty. i love the cover just dont get what it means. Do you have any clues on bds cover?
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
LoveRae
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hmm I think the New Moon cover has a very specific meaning. It looks like a flower that is about to start wilting. A wilting flower means loss. Think beauty and the beast. Here the flower means loss of love. The color combination red and white is also significant. Red is the color for love while white is the color of purity. Although Bella does not lose her purity (although she risks it many times in the book) or her love for Edward there is the possibility that she could lose it. Just like the flower does not really wilt. It is on its way. It could die. But it does not. So it is a symbol that she would lose love but could regain it. Just like she lost herself but somehow found herself again.

Message Edited by LoveRae on 11-27-2007 08:37 AM
Frequent Contributor
LoveRae
0 Kudos

As for the ribbon I think it may have something to do with Jake but to me it signifies the splitting of her two lives. She chooses Edward and his family over her regular life. These two lives have to be split. Once she chooses Edward (and her new life) she lets go of Jacob (and her old life). Therefore a rip in the ribbon.
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

LoveRae wrote:
Hmm I think the New Moon cover has a very specific meaning. It looks like a flower that is about to start wilting. A wilting flower means loss. Think beauty and the beast. Here the flower means loss of love. The color combination red and white is also significant. Red is the color for love while white is the color of purity. Although Bella does not lose her purity (although she risks it many times in the book) or her love for Edward there is the possibility that she could lose it. Just like the flower does not really wilt. It is on its way. It could die. But it does not. So it is a symbol that she would lose love but could regain it. Just like she lost herself but somehow found herself again.

Message Edited by LoveRae on 11-27-2007 08:37 AM

i have never thought of that but once you said it, it all makes sence. what do you think tha breaking dawns cover will be? any clues?
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Frequent Contributor
LoveRae
0 Kudos

I think it is hard to determine what the cover of breaking dawn could be. You would have to know a little about the story I think. Obviously it will include the color red I would think since that color has been significant on all of the book covers so far. So far she has been tempted (the apple), the lost her true love but didn't die(the flower), and she decided which path to choose (the split ribbon). Maybe it will be red eyes because she is suppose to turn into a new born vampire or something to do with her soul since Edward is so concerned with her losing her soul. Maybe Carlisle's cross with blood on it? Who knows what it will be though. I am sure it will be something no one can guess.

PS- I just watched a SM interview on CNN international that was aired October 9, 2007 and she said she was 2/3 of the way through writing BD!
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

i know i cant wait to see it. by the way i love the way you point things out that i would never think of! :smileyhappy:
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Contributor
teexheexheex
0 Kudos

maybe it'll be like a cracked mirror with the cracks in red like blood.....coz she's like breakin apart, so perhaps her reflection (which will change when she's a vampire) will literally break apart.......which would mean the mirror!!! i dunno. that probably sounds stupid...... :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

actually that sounds kind of cool. i have no clue in to what i think. :s
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Contributor
readergirl12105
0 Kudos

LoveRae wrote:
I think it is hard to determine what the cover of breaking dawn could be. You would have to know a little about the story I think. Obviously it will include the color red I would think since that color has been significant on all of the book covers so far. So far she has been tempted (the apple), the lost her true love but didn't die(the flower), and she decided which path to choose (the split ribbon). Maybe it will be red eyes because she is suppose to turn into a new born vampire or something to do with her soul since Edward is so concerned with her losing her soul. Maybe Carlisle's cross with blood on it? Who knows what it will be though. I am sure it will be something no one can guess.

PS- I just watched a SM interview on CNN international that was aired October 9, 2007 and she said she was 2/3 of the way through writing BD!

Oh my gosh red eyes was my first thought! but all my friends think (and I do too!) that that would be kind of weird/creepy.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!!!
Contributor
teexheexheex
0 Kudos

ooohhh! i have another suggestion!!! perhaps it could be one (whatever colour eye Bella has), and then a honey coloured Edward eye next to it, and then a red new vampire eye somewhere........floating around........err......erm.....uhh......ok then, maybe that isn't quite so great!!! lol. :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
of course it has to be the original colors of the first three, red, black, and white. But what could they do for it cause they always do the symbolic thing for um. Like Twilight was the forbidden fruit, New Moon was the tulip which it symbolizes Bella dying when Edward left and the ribbon for Eclipse is Bella and Jake splitting apart. So I'm very curious as to what they do for it. Oh, and by the way she finished Breaking Dawn (SCREAMS!) I'm so stoked to read um!

Message Edited by lover_face on 02-24-2008 09:09 PM
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Contributor
teexheexheex
0 Kudos

she's finished!??!!! aahhh!!!!! (you know i almost did scream, but i'm at school, so people would have stared!!!!! lol)

xxxxxxxxxxx
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

ya, probably. But she finished a little bit ago so im way way excited and i was home so i screamed when i found that out :smileyhappy:
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Contributor
zimmyzam
0 Kudos

"What's with the apple?

The apple on the cover of Twilight represents "forbidden fruit." I used the scripture from Genesis (located just after the table of contents) because I loved the phrase "the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil." Isn't this exactly what Bella ends up with? A working knowledge of what good is, and what evil is. The nice thing about the apple is it has so many symbolic roots. You've got the apple in Snow White, one bite and you're frozen forever in a state of not-quite-death... Then you have Paris and the golden apple in Greek mythology—look how much trouble that started. Apples are quite the versatile fruit. In the end, I love the beautiful simplicity of the picture. To me it says: choice."

"Q. What kind of flower is that on the cover, and what does it mean?

A. That is a ruffled tulip. As for the meaning... If you've read the Twilight FAQ, you know that the apple cover had a lot of meaning for me, and I was an active part of the covering process. However, that experience is more the exception than the rule in the publishing world. Something to keep in mind if you intend to embark on a career as a writer: lots of things you might expect to be under your control are not. Covers, for example. Those are mostly up to the publisher and the marketing and sales departments. So I don't know what the tulip means—I didn't have anything to do with this one."

And nothing so far official on the ribbon D:

Both from the Twilight/New Moon FAQs on Stephenie Meyer's website.

That answer your question?

Contributor
Jade1991
0 Kudos

Rite every1 knows about the whole forbidden frit cover of the apple in edwards hands and what not

I read some sites, and they sed the flower (tulip to be exact) is suppsoed to show how the wittering flowe and how close it is to death is a metaphor to how close edward and her where to dieing in new moon, and how they were losing strength and will to go on without each other

and thr ribbon everyone says its to do with jacob and bellas relationship it aint, its the ripping of herself (liek the two magnets of herself she is tryign to push together), she is trying to to be both edards bella and jacobs bella, and also a quote from the book jacob says somehting like i;m not goign to rip u in half anymore (to tht story about the 2 mums fighting ova a baby and the king says cut it in half)

she felt liek she was being ripped in half by the two people she loves (thoguh she loves edward ALOT and i mean alot more), (i think it might be tht jacobs the smaller MUCH smaller piece on the ribbon
Frequent Contributor
lover_face
0 Kudos

in my own opinion, the tulip represents the way that Bella is dying. Like when a flower is wilting it is lacking something vital for it to live. Bella is lacking Edward and obviously he is something she needs to live. She hasnt fully died but she is suffering with out him in her life. It could also represent Edward though, because if you have ever read the extra's on Stephenie's website it shows how much pain Edward is in. As for Eclipse i think it represents Jake and Bella spliting. But for Breaking Dawn i am litteraly stumped. I think it will definetly be black,white, and red but for the picture idk im way EXCITED for it!! :smileyhappy:
~Bella- Breaking Dawn
Contributor
book_lover_tnmebdth
0 Kudos

Well, if you notice on the New Moon cover the flower is upside down almost like it's wilting.  So to me it's like Bella's wilting with Edward gone, and the flower, well it's just gorgeous and goes along with the black and red.  This is just my opinion though.
"Look after my heart, I left it with you."
-Edward Anthony Masen Cullen