Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
lolo18
0 Kudos

Re: Discussion Topic: Bella and Edward's Destiny

I started reading these books over Christmas break, and became totally infatuated with them. I can't wait until Breaking Dawn comes out. And, I had a friend tell me that there were supposed to be like 7 books or something, like Harry Potter. Except, the next three were going to be through Edward's point of view, and then the last one would be through Bella's, and it would be the ending to the whole story. Has anyone else heard this?

Ok, and, I totally agree with the whole Bella and Edward should have a cute little baby. But, at the same time, I agree that there is really no way that will be able to happen, because if Edward's reproductive organs and stuff are DEAD, then there is no way that that will happen.
Frequent Contributor
Hollie_xxx
0 Kudos

Vampires cant have children stephanie meyer has said on few websites etc..but wouldn't it be soo kool if Bella was turned into a vampire...il cry if shes not lol...nd the if 1 of her powers was 4 her n Edward 2 beable 2 have kids that would ust be the best thing ever..the baby could age until it was lyk 18 or summit woohoo ....very unlikely but we can dream...oh wouldn't the baby be just the cutest thing everr :smileyhappy:
Contributor
twilightgroupie
0 Kudos

joyd wrote:
I am sure your wife is happy about that, too, Paul! Would being a Cullenesque vampire be such an awful way to live? They make it look like so much fun; on the other hand, how many times can a person relive high school??? Ugh!

joyd wrote:
I am sure your wife is happy about that, too, Paul! Would being a Cullenesque vampire be such an awful way to live? They make it look like so much fun; on the other hand, how many times can a person relive high school??? Ugh!

absolutely - once in high school is enough. but can you imagine having all the time in the world to go to college again and again and learn so many new things, degree after degree. and think of all the good you could do helping others out, as a dr. or protecting from the bad vampires etc. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
jane0902
0 Kudos

If she becomes a vampire, she can just do what Carlisle did. She can find a poor little lonely, dying baby in a hospital or something and change it. It will be like what happened to Edward. But if she changed a baby it would stay a baby forever, but that would be kinda weird because it would learn to talk and walk and stuff so after a while it would be a GENIUS BABY! It would still be kinda cool though, you have to admit.
Frequent Contributor
Paiger34433
0 Kudos

Sure. Of course they could stay together if bella stays human. I think that they would stay together no matter what the situation. But... i dont think their relationship is based on "infatuation for each other- her scent and his "vampireness" " I think that is what initially brought them together, their extreme curostiy with each other, but as their relationship progressed it became more than that. Bella and Edward talk about this in eclipse. They have a discussion about why Edward doesn't want bella to be a vampire and why bella doesn't want to be married. Edward tells bella that even though he would miss the sound of her heart, the way she blushes when he touches her, and her scent, but he said that he would still love her and that it would be a lot easier not focusing on killing her every single second. And even though bella's scent attracts him, he's not bothered by it anymore. When he talks about not being focused on killing her. he is talking about with his strength... not "resisting the wine".  For example, when bella and edward are in the forest setting up a false track for the newborns to follow... when she cuts herself, edward cleans it and says that it no longer bothers him because of being away from her and almost losing her, resisting killing her because of her blood isn't a issue.
There
Frequent Contributor
Paiger34433
0 Kudos

Sure. Of course they could stay together if bella stays human. I think that they would stay together no matter what the situation. But... i dont think their relationship is based on "infatuation for each other- her scent and his "vampireness" " I think that is what initially brought them together, their extreme curostiy with each other, but as their relationship progressed it became more than that. Bella and Edward talk about this in eclipse. They have a discussion about why Edward doesn't want bella to be a vampire and why bella doesn't want to be married. Edward tells bella that even though he would miss the sound of her heart, the way she blushes when he touches her, and her scent, but he said that he would still love her and that it would be a lot easier not focusing on killing her every single second. And even though bella's scent attracts him, he's not bothered by it anymore. When he talks about not being focused on killing her. he is talking about with his strength... not "resisting the wine".  For example, when bella and edward are in the forest setting up a false track for the newborns to follow... when she cuts herself, edward cleans it and says that it no longer bothers him because of being away from her and almost losing her, resisting killing her because of her blood isn't a issue.
There will
Frequent Contributor
Paiger34433
0 Kudos

There will be no
Frequent Contributor
Paiger34433
0 Kudos

As brought up at least a million times in eclipse, YES. Jacob would definitely be a better choice for bella than edward. Think of all the possibilities.
He can come out on beautiful sunny days.
They can have kids.
Bella can stay human and live a normal life
the list could go on and on...

But... they are a few complications.
jake is forever 16... kinda. ( he says something that i cant exactly remember about werewolves aging)
bella loves edward... bella loves edward... BELLA LOVES EDWARD.
the volturi will be checking.
bella was a complete wreck without edward... what makes you think it will be any different this time?

I think in the long run bella would be happiest with edward... with or without kids. Any kind of love that is worth giving up your life for is definitely worth keeping. Their relationship is about compromise... give and take. it's not going to be perfect. but what's life without a littel imperfection?
Frequent Contributor
Paiger34433
0 Kudos

Extinah:

Bravo... applause applause. Thank you so much. With so many thoughts getting twisted and turned in my brain i had completely forgotten about a point a wanted to make awhile ago.
If bella stayed human... she would out grow edward. I dont care what bella's stubborn mind might tell her.
think about it.
bella stays human, her and edward are still together. Bella ages... and ages and... ages. Lets fast foward to the age of 40.
all of her friends have kids. bella doesn't.
no one can know she's even with edward...can you say pedophile?
even though their love stronger beyond compare... would a 40 year old women have feelings for a 17 year old? even though he is wise beyond his years (haha.. not really) he's still in a17 year old's body. shouldn't bella be attracted to men her own age?
the complications of their relationship would just keep building and building.
with all of that... how happy could their relationship possibly be? Bella would be unhappy? If bella's unhappy would edward be happy? Bella's aging would all be too complicated for the both of them to handle. and yet... even if it was... it would all just seem to wrong for readers to accept. I can hardly see myself thinking, "Isn't that sweet! Their love is sooo strong, it doesn't matter that she's 40 and he's 17!"

There are 2 options... someone else (jacob)... or becoming a vampire (edward)

~ Paige <3
Frequent Contributor
Paiger34433
0 Kudos

It's okay. There's no need to blush.
That was exactly what i was thinking. Vampires dont have blood in their bodies...so....

~Paige <3
Frequent Contributor
Paiger34433
0 Kudos

the stupid choice that everyone is talking about... HAS BEEN MADE. It's old news. bella chose. In eclipse when she goes to visit jacob when he is injured after the little war with the newborns, she makes her choice clear to jacob. It's almost as if they were breaking up. Jacob talks about how he couldn't live with himself unless he at least gave fighting for a bella a chance. That even if he lost (which he did) it would be better than not trying at all. Bella chose Edward, she chose edward over everything. Over children, over family, over life. She wouldn't change all that for a impulsive 16 year old dog. There is no choice to be made. She definitely had a great option to consider, but it didn't compare at all to Edward. If that point hasn't already been pointed out.. loud and clear, maybe people should consider the wedding invitation in the epilogue.