Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
jb73
0 Kudos

Re: Discussion Topic: Bella and Edward's Destiny

I am sure if Bella were to age she would want to be a vamp...But the thought that she might be related to the tribe in someway and that Leah is a werewolf and a women could open new avenues for Meyer. It would put her on equal footing with Jake but I am not sure how it would work with Edward or if she would be close enough to the bloodline to change but it would explain the dream and the connection.

Thanks,
Jessica
Frequent Contributor
joyd
0 Kudos

Jessica!!! Bella a werewolf!! What an amazing idea!!
New User
evilgeneous
0 Kudos

I didn't mean if they can have sex. We already know that from eclipse. I meant can they have children? If they could have sex but not children that would explain why Esme doesn't have children when she so obviously wants some. Sorry, if I seem thick, but it doesn't seem possible.
New User
mysterygirl
0 Kudos

Hey! mysterygirl here!

i think that Bella and Edward are perfect for each other. I mean I do feel bad for Jake, they would make a cute couple, but Edward and Bella have been through to much, I guess, danger that brought them more together. And you saw what Bella went through in the beginning of 'New Moon', when Edward just up and left her. She said she never wanted to go through that again. (listen to me, Im talking like there real people). Anyway, I just can't see Bella with anyone else.

On the whole thing about them having kids, I do see the problem about Edward being able to reproduce. I mean, he is technically dead, right? But lets say they could and did have kids, they could have it before she becomes a vamp, then when she does, turn the kid also. Not when its first born, but when its grown a bit. Do you think thats possible? (say what ever you want, Im the kind of person who just spits out ideas)
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Wow! The last few posts have been great – here's one for you: if memory serves correct, isn't there a character in the LKH series that is BOTH a vampire and a werewolf? What if Bella were to become both?

And about this being a "YA" series – I see no reason why Meyer can't make these novels more adult as Bella gets older. I mean, she has to grow up sometime... Well, actually, if she were to become a vampire, she'd stay 17 forever...
Paul
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Okay, the whole vampire and sex thing .... I always thought that for the vampire, it wasn't about the physical act but the emotions involved – I've read in countless novels where bloodsuckers feed off of the passion in the blood...
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

She'd stay 18 :smileywink:

i'll post about them NOT being to have babies--here's the link though

http://twilightlexicon.com/2006/03/11/personal-correspondance-1/

on the question about vampire bloodm 3/4 down the page
Frequent Contributor
joyd
0 Kudos

Ok, ok, i get it. No Edward babies!! Would SM make a real scandal and have a Jacob/ Bella baby that Edward would have to raise :-)???
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

OMG! I can't believe you posted that! :smileysurprised: What a thing to think about. :]

I still think there MIGHT be a hope she becomes pregnant......she made it open ended enough. Hehe.
New User
CurlyQue_16
0 Kudos

Well, first and foremost, Stephenie Meyer is LDS, right? And they don't believe in the whole premarital sex thing, so the question is would she put that kind of a thing in her books in the first place?
I also think that a Jacob/Bella baby is not going to happen. Bella's getting married, remember? I don't think that her character would cheat on Edward like that, it just doesn't fit her personality, I know that I would be disappointed in her. Bella has to pick one guy and stick with him, not keep going back and forth. At this point it seems like the man she picked is Edward. If she changes her mind and goes back to Jacob, they might have a baby but Edward would certainly not raise him/her. She can't change her mind that much.
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

Hypothetically (and I don't think it'd happen), if Bella DID choose Jacob, and they DID have children...but Bella changed her mind and went back to Edward, I don't think he'd mind to help raise the child. BUT, i am not sure if they (bella nd edward) would change the child into a vampire...or if Edward would change bella into a vampire, for that matter.

I doubt it (Bella and Jacob havin a kid...then Bella going back to Edward) would happen though.

On the LDS/premarital sex thing--no, she wouldn't put that in her books, but I think that if Bella nd Jake DID have a child, they'd be married first.
Frequent Contributor
joyd
0 Kudos

You all know I was kidding about the B/J baby, right??? I really liked the idea of a B/E baby based on the fact they were getting married and then they had the "deal" and the whole Rosalie foreshadowing of a baby wish put that idea in my head...
but since I have been outvoted by EVERYONE, I had to get a baby in there somehow :-)

On the other hand, this is SM's world. She doesn't have to follow anyone else's rules about what vamps can and can't do!!! Can't she change his anatomy to do whatever she wants him to do???
Frequent Contributor
extinah
0 Kudos

Yep--she can do whatever she wants! And her readers will lap it up. :smileywink:

Also, I'd like to think we choose our own destiny. :]
New User
ktgirl106
0 Kudos

I really don't know if they could stay together. Myabe I should rephrase that. I don't know if Bella can stay ALIVE is she remains human. Even if Edward did leave her for her own "safety"... the Volturri won't let her live cause she know's their secret. She's going to have to be changed sooner or later. Plus, Edwrad agreed to the graduation deadline if she marries him first. I'm 95% positive that he'll change her. If he doesn't, somebody better or the Volturri will intercede. I'm really excited to see what happens.
New User
ktgirl106
0 Kudos

A BABY?!?! No way. No. It won't happen. Maybe it could for bella and Jacob, but not edward. It can't happen if he's not HUMAN. Major point you're missing. It wont work. I don't even consider it. And I honestly don't think this whole "Bella and Jacob" thing so many people are set on is going to happen, as much as some people wish it would, although Bella nees to make a choice sooner or later. She can't go on being in love with the wolf and the vampire. It just isn't possible.
Contributor
goodygirl_93
0 Kudos

Either way I think they could be together if Bella was a vampire or not. But if she says human she is going to end up dying by the Volterra because if she didn't turn into a vampire they were going to kill her. Edward would still like her even if she were a vampire or not. Edward not only likes her because she is human he likes her because she is Bella. Edward likes her appearance, personality and he is just head over heels for her. Though Edward went to Italy when he found out she was dead in New Moon. I thought that was sexy how he wanted to kill himself but a little bit crazy but thinking he really loves her and thinking messed up by leaving her. Edward really loves her and do you think Jacob would actually do that if she really did kill herself. Jacob really never imprinted on her like it said in Eclipse when she first visits him and asked him. Bella shouldn't have a baby by him. What if he imprints on someone else and leave like Sam. That would be messed up and I hope she wouldn't try and go back to Edward. Though Edward loves her too much for him to leave her if she turns in a vampire. It’s like the werewolves imprint he is imprinted on her even though it can't happen to vampires. Bella and Edward have a strong love bond that I think will never tear them apart. Plus Bella feels less of a Cullen staying human. Bella wants to be a vampire because she still feels she isn't enough for him like she mentioned in New Moon after she came back home from Italy. The longer they stay together they will get stronger and even distance can't tear them apart. I really hope they do get married and Jacob can just die for all I care or stay away from Folks. Plus she already made a comment to Edward she can't keep changing her mine. When Bella decides things she keep up too it and doesn't change it again. I honestly hope this is her last book because if it isn't this is my last book I will read for Bella version. Also I just hope a happy ending but with a kid so it will be? Bella and Edward/kid?:smileyhappy:
New User
the_saint_dante
0 Kudos

Everyone is talking about Edward and Bella having a kid, but I don't see how they are going to have sex if his blood is stagnant...

What Rosalie said about children was only a precaution toward Bella so she wouldn't change.

I don't think its meaning should be escalated any farther.
New User
ani15174eva
0 Kudos

I think everyone on here has a wonderful veiw of the book to come. I know we are all very excited to read it. But Bella wont be having Edwards baby human or not, and heres why. In a previous book Edwards mothers story is explained as she lost a baby and the "foster" and her way of substitution. Esme cant have kids, or her and Carslile would have tried. On Stephenie Meyers websit FAQ, it explians the once a human is a vampire, there organs no longer "work" including the reproduction organs. Now if Bella was human the same would apply, Edward reprofuction organs would faid to make her pregnant, thus mean that he more that likey won't get much for "consimating Their Marrage". Although one can still always hope right? lol

I hope to hear and read many more thoughts on the books to come.

H.
New User
alice_cullen_yeah
0 Kudos

NOt true. a werewolf can always retire, just like billy, jacobs dad. so if she wenbt wih jacob he could retire and they could live a normal life. although i think shes better with edward.
New User
alice_cullen_yeah
0 Kudos

ok there are lots and lots of boks out there about people being half vampire half human, cause one parent is h snd the other is a v...so why couldn't edward and bella have a baby?? i dont want them to though..i think it would make the whole thing weird...oh and on the theory of b having a kid with j but then going back to e and haveng e raise it....wat if edward found out it wasn't his by like reding jacobs thoughts, and then he like kills the little guy. . how sad...